Updated: Nov 5, 2021
- Unilad says Mariah Carey is releasing a new holiday song titled ''Fall In Love At Christmas''. It features gospel singer Kirk Franklin. The song will be out on Friday
- A new survey by WCCO reveals that 60% of people say it's too early to start decorating for Christmas
- A new Gallup poll reveals that the average person will spend $837 on holiday gifts this year. That's up from $805 last year.
- ESPN says the Atlanta Braves won the World Series last night by beating the Houston Astros 7-0. Atlanta won the series 4-2. It is their first World Series title since 1995
- ABC says Cardi B is going to host the American Music Awards on Sunday, November 21st on ABC
- NBC says NASA astronaut Megan McArthur recently had a taco in space. Her fajita was stuffed with beef, rehydrated tomatoes, artichokes and chiles that were grown aboard the International Space Station.
- The Verge says Nintendo is making 20% fewer Switch game consoles due to the chip shortage
- Ace Showbiz says Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul and his wife, Lauren, are expecting their second child together
- KDVR says the Denver, Colorado Sheriff's Department is going viral for offering inmates 10 packs of Ramen noodles or coffee in exchange for getting vaccinated.
- Yahoo News says Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has purchased a 14-acre Hawaiian compound for $78 million. The property includes a private beach, a main house, a guest house, a lava field, palm trees and a giant pool
Thanksgiving Warning: ABC says people are being asked to purchase their Thanksgiving meals early this year because of supply chain issues. Turkey farmers don't have enough workers to process turkeys. Pumpkin pie may be in short supply this Thanksgiving due to a pumpkin fungus.
TMZ says Alec and Hilaria Baldwin's cat is missing. She posted; "We can't find our cat, Emilio. If anyone sees him, please help him get home. We are all so upset. He's microchipped but no collar.'' The Bengal cat is worth $3,000
The Daily Mail says William Shatner's Star Trek gun is being auctioned off. The gun was used to capture Commander Mitchell during a 1966 episode. It is expected to sell for $500,000 tomorrow. The metallic blue rifle is made out of wood
The Daily Mail says HBO Max has picked up the Sex and the City reboot for a second season. The door is also being left open for Kim Cattrall to return as Samantha Jones. An on-set source says, ''Viewers will learn that Samantha and Carrie have fallen out over Carrie firing Samantha as her publicist and that they no longer talk. This effectively ends their personal relationship. You'll see as the series progresses over the 10 episodes that Carrie misses her friend and wants to repair the relationship. In the words of Oscar Wilde, life imitates art. We all miss Kim and we hope she comes back for the second season – the door will never close on her, she is an important part of the franchise. You'll see as the series progresses over the 10 episodes that Carrie misses her friend and wants to repair the relationship.''
People magazine says Kim Kardashian loves the attention that Pete Davidson is giving her. A source says, "Pete can be super charming and Kim loves the attention. She is having fun and enjoying life. Her focus is still on her kids and work, but you can tell that she is ready to date. She is very happy and in a good place. She has moved on from Kanye and feels it's for the best."
Radar Online claims Ben Affleck's ex, Jennifer Garner, has been talking with Jennifer Lopez for months. A source tells the website, “J. Lo and Jennifer couldn’t be more different, but they do share one thing in common which is their love for their children. Once it was clear that Ben and Lopez were serious about getting back together, Jennifer reached out. Jennifer was determined to make sure that she had a relationship with J. Lo, if for nothing else, so that things were not awkward for her kids. Will we ever see J. Lo dressing up Jennifer in a Versace dress or going dancing tonight in the clubs, no. Likewise, we are never going to see Jennifer teaching J. Lo how to bake or welcoming her income her book club. But the two ladies are both adults and moms. They have found common ground. They will never be best friends but they both will always do what is best for their children.”
Nick Lachey has no plans to read Jessica Simpson's memoir, "Open Book".Entertainment Tonight quotes him as saying, “You’ll be shocked to hear that I have not. Nor will I ever read that book. Well, here’s the thing… I obviously knew the book was coming out, but I lived the book, you know what I mean? I know what the truth is so I don’t need to read it, or read someone’s version of it in a story that I know, that I lived it. No, I never read it.”
Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson says he always makes sure to include a Vin Diesel joke in his movies. The duo feuded on the set of their Fast and the Furious movies. Complex.com quotes The Rock as saying, “The jokes never end. People were asking me about [making Diesel jokes] and they just, they find a way, and you know, what’s interesting is, you know, these Vin Diesel jokes, which play great by the way to the audience, which is always a good thing because it’s all about the audience. But, people think these jokes come from me and they actually don’t. I mean, you’d be surprised at how many people come to me with ‘I got a great one.’ I’m like ‘OK.’ ‘I got another great Vin Diesel joke.’ ‘I’m sure you do.’ [Laughs] Always funny.”
A source tells the National Enquirer, “Dwayne’s been taking big shots at Vin for years — and now Vin is ready to fire back. He knows Vin is an insecure guy with an inflated ego that needs constant feeding. Dwayne has been hitting Vin below the belt by mocking him for getting a big belly. The comments left Diesel so furious he’s hinted the feud may even turn physical if Dwayne’s comments don’t stop.”
Unilad says Kristen Stewart has gotten engaged to her partner, Dylan Meyer. The two have been dating for two years. The website quotes Kristen as saying, "We’re marrying, we’re totally gonna do it,’ she said. ‘I wanted to be proposed to, so I think I very distinctly carved out what I wanted and she nailed it. We’re marrying, it’s happening.''
Kristen tells E! News, "The wedding won’t be happing for at least a year. I don’t want to have COVID even be a thing. The food is the biggest deal. I don’t care about flowers. The food needs to be on point. I want to wear the best pair of Levi’s ever and, like, an old T-shirt that has a tuxedo printed on it, but like cut-off and barefoot. I want to get married in, like, Topanga. I want to be chilling. I want it to be very homey. I want to see her laugh hysterically when she sees me in, like, a faux tuxedo T-shirt.”
Life & Style Weekly Magazine claims Eva Mendes is allegedly ready to marry Ryan Gosling. A source tells the magazine, ''She is done pretending that she and Ryan [Gosling] are husband and wife after 10 years together. It took a pandemic for Ryan and Eva to realize that they can face any challenge that comes their way. And while they’re committed in every way, Eva has been dropping hints about wanting to get engaged. Ryan jokes that they should just get matching tattoos, but she was adamant: She wants a ring, and she wants it soon.”
The NY Post says Britney Spears believes her mother ruined her life. She posted; The most dangerous animal in the world is a silent smiling woman. My dad [Jamie] may have started the conservatorship 13 years ago … but what people don’t know is that my mom is the one who gave him the idea. I will never get those years back. She secretly ruined my life.''
Snacking Increases When Daylight Saving Time Ends ... DST ends this weekend
A new survey by Nightfood reveals that 79% of people say their nighttime snack cravings increase when Daylight Saving Time ends. Other findings:
- 38% of people say their nighttime snacking is out of control
- the most-craved nighttime snacks
Ice cream (31%)
A holiday survey by Lowes reveals that the average person will spend $93,360 over the course of their lifetime prepping for the holidays. Other findings:
- the typical family will spend $1,556 preparing for the holidays this year
- what people spend their money on during the holidays ....
$235 on holiday home decor
$375 on holiday gifts
$645 on other festive hosting “necessities”
$301 on food and drink
Holiday Shopping Survey
A new survey by Tally reveals that 60% of people feel pressure to shop earlier for the holidays this year. Other findings:
- 47% of people feel pressure to shop earlier for the holidays this year because they are worried about prices going up
- 44% of people feel pressure to shop earlier for the holidays this year because they are worried about shipping delays
- 42% of people feel pressure to shop earlier for the holidays this year because they are worried about product shortages due to supply chain issues
TOP 10 THINGS PEOPLE DO TO FEEL MORE AWAKE IN THE MORNING … According to a new survey by Healthspan
1. A strong coffee
2. A hot shower
3. Forcing yourself out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off
5. Opening the windows
6. A morning walk
7. Making the bed
8. Doing some exercise
9. A glass of juice
10. Putting music on loud
WHAT’S KEEPING PEOPLE UP AT NIGHT? ….According to a new survey by Intellibed
Worrying about personal stuff- (45%)
Being too hot- (35%)
Don't feel tired- (32%)
Worrying about work- (30%)
I'm 12 years-old and listen to your show every weekend. I caught my mom cheating on her diet. She lied to my dad about it. I don't know if I should tell him or not. My parents have always taught me to do the right thing so I feel like I should say something, but I'm not sure. What should I do?