- Business Insider says Russia has banned Ben Stiller, Sean Penn and 23 other Americans from entering its country. The new round of sanctions were leveled because Stiller and Penn support Ukraine and their president, Volodymyr Zelensky. Stiller and Penn met with Zelensky in the last couple of months.
- The Huffington Post says Brendan Fraser's new movie, "The Whale", premiered at the Venice International Film Festival over the weekend. He plays a 600-pound wheelchair-bound English teacher in the film. Brendan received a six minute standing ovation after the movie was screened.
- The NY Post says 47 year old Alex Rodriguez has broken up with his 25 year old girlfriend, Katherine Padgett. A source tells the newspaper, “They’re good friends – they’re just each single. They broke up, but they’re super tight. It’s all good. Alex is having fun and hanging out with his family.”
- Entertainment Tonight says Jennifer Hudson is going to kick off her new daytime talk show with an American Idol reunion. Her first guest is Simon Cowell. Jennifer's show will premiere on her 41st birthday on September 12th.
- A new survey by One Poll reveals that 50% of parents can't stand their kids' favorite music
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results (Fri-Mon).
1.) Top Gun: Maverick ... $7.9 million
2.) Bullet Train ... $7.33 million
3.) Spider-Man: No Way Home ... $6.55 million (re-release)
4.) DC League of Super-Pets ... $6.365 million
5.) The Invitation ... $6 million
The NY Post says Gisele Bundchen has left Tom Brady and their kids. She's flown from Tampa to Costa Rica because she is allegedly upset that he unretired. A source tells the magazine, “He’s very sad at the moment. Friends know they’ve had a serious disagreement this time. It seems that Gisele gets mad and says things like she’s leaving him, but in the past, they’ve always made up. But maybe this time it is more serious. He’s with the kids, and is just trying to be super dad.”
People magazine says Giselle returned home to Miami over the weekend. She took her children to a water park.
The International News, citing In Touch Weekly Magazine, claims Leonardo DiCaprio is allegedly hooking up with model Gigi Hadid. A source tells the news outlets, “They have known each other for several years. They’re super attracted to each other. She is exactly his type: gorgeous, sexy but low-key with a one-of-the-guys attitude. It’s casual and not a constant thing. But they have lots of mutual friends.'' Gigi has a two year old daughter with pop star Zayn Malik
The NY Post says Dave Chappelle was recently performing in the UK when he slammed Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars. He said, “Will did the impression of a perfect person for 30 years, and he ripped his mask off and showed us he was as ugly as the rest of us. Whatever the consequences are… I hope he doesn’t put his mask back on again, and lets his real face breathe.”
Thirsty For News says Nick Cannon recently purchased a pool home for Abby De La Rosa. She gave birth to their twins in June 2021 and is expecting another child with Nick. Nick is also expecting a baby boy with a woman named Brittany Bell.
The Daily Mail says Chris Pratt was recently filling up his SUV at a Santa Barbara, California gas station when he dropped to the ground and started doing push-ups. Other drivers ignored him as the paparazzi snapped away. His wife, Katherine Schwarzenegger, stayed in the car
The Dirt says Ellen DeGeneres has sold her Montecito, California mansion to Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun. Scooter paid $36 million for the home. Ellen bought the house six months ago for $21 million. The home has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a guest house, a gourmet kitchen, a library, a movie theater, a billliards room, a pool, a fire pit, a pergola and pickleball courts
TMZ says Jane Fonda has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer.. She has been undergoing chemo for six months and is doing well. She posted, ''This is a very treatable cancer. 80% of people survive, so I feel very lucky. I’m also lucky because I have health insurance and access to the best doctors and treatments. I realize, and it’s painful, that I am privileged in this. Almost every family in America has had to deal with cancer at one time or another and far too many don’t have access to the quality health care I am receiving and this is not right.''
Marca magazine says reality TV star Spencer Pratt was recently doing a livestream Q & A with fans when he was asked who Hollywood's rudest celebrity is. He said, "Oh, that's easy. Phoebe from Friends. Hands down, one of the worst humans I've ever come in contact with by far. If this hits a million plus views I will think about telling the story.''
Real Housewives star Bethenny Frankel followed up with, "That's crazy. She was on my talk show and I had a crazy experience also.''
Entertainment Tonight says Fast and the Furious star Jordana Brewster married investment banker Mason Morfit over the weekend in California. Vin Diesel, Ludacris and Paul Walker's daughter, Meadow, attended the wedding. Jordana wore a white wedding gown. Vin showed up in a black v-neck t-shirt, sneakers and black pants
Entertainment Tonight says George Clooney and Julia Roberts were recently promoting their new movie "Ticket To Paradise" when George said it took them a long time to complete their kissing scene.
Clooney: “Yeah. I told my wife, ‘It took 80 takes.’ She was like, ‘What the hell?'”
Roberts: “It took 79 takes of us laughing and then the one take of us kissing.”
Clooney: “Well, we had to get it right.”
Road Sign Survey
Myvision.org recently tested 1,060 drivers to see how well they know traffic signs. Here is what they found ...
- 7% of people could not identify a Yield sign
- 12% of people could not identify a Do Not Enter sign
- 16% of people could not identify a School Zone sign
- 27% of people could not identify an orange road construction sign
- 58% of people blame their trouble identifying road signs on bad signage.
10 Foolish Ways People Waste Money at Restaurants … According to a new report by Finance Buzz
1. Ordering soda
2. Ordering expensive wines
3. Ignoring weekday specials
4. Missing out on happy hour
5. Ordering appetizers before the meal
6. Letting servers upsell you
7. Ordering items highlighted on the menu
8. Forgetting to carefully check the receipt for mistakes
9. Getting dessert and coffee after the meal
10. Not looking for coupons or promotions
Personality Profile .. What Your Favorite Drink Says About Your Personality
A new cocktail study by the travel website Cheap Caribbean reveals that mojito lovers have the most success when it comes to dating (88% success rate) and are the happiest with their lives (85%). Other findings:
- Bloody Mary drinkers are the most adventurous (80% love adventure)
- beer drinkers are the most extroverted (33%)
- Margarita drinkers are the most introverted (50%)
- wine drinkers love Hip Hop (37%) and Jazz (30%)
- beer drinkers vove Rock (41%) and pop music (34%)
- people who like Sex on the Beach drinks enjoy watching horror movies the most (41%)
- sangria drinkers love drama movies (41%)
A new survey by Wake Up Sleepy Head reveals that 10% of people don't brush their teeth before bed. Other findings:
- 63% of people brush their teeth every night before going to sleep
- 61% of people admit to intentionally delaying their dentist appointments
- 40% of people have dental anxiety
- 52% of people have had a bad experience at the dentist
- 70% of people dislike going to the dentist
- Biggest Dental Procrastinators By City ... Las Vegas followed by Miami, Atlanta, Arlington, Texas and Minneapolis
My boyfriend refuses to post pictures of us on his Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages. When I asked him why, he said it's because he is a private person yet he posts pictures of everything else on his social media pages. Is this a red flag? My friends say he may be a 'player' and trying to have 'his cake and eat it too'. Do you think it's a red flag?