- Newsweek magazine says participating Circle K gas stations are going to celebrate Fuel Day today by offering a 40-cent per gallon gas discount between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. local time. The company announced, "At over 3,600 Circle K branded fuel locations across the U.S. in advance of the Labor Day holiday weekend, customers can fuel up for the unofficial last weekend of summer and receive the deal directly at the pump."
- Business Insider says Bed Bath & Beyond is closing 150 stores and firing 20% of its corporate staff due to lagging sales and falling stock prices. The company hopes to save $250 million with the layoffs.
- Footwear News says Sam's Club is raising their membership price for the first time in nine years from $45 to $50. Inflation and rising consumer prices are the reason for the price hike
- NBC says Serena Williams won her second round match last night at the US Open by defeating the number #2 player in the world Anett Kontaveit. Williams will now face Ajla Tomljanovic of Australia in the third round. Spike Lee, Tiger Woods, Dionne Warwick, Zendaya, Jared Leto, Venus Williams and Bella and Gigi Hadid were among the celebrities, who attended the match. The Action Network says Serena's win brings her total on-court tennis earnings to $94,948,380. Tickets to Serena's match on Friday are selling for over $7,500 a piece
- The Dirt says Mark Wahlberg has purchased a Las Vegas villa for $14.5 million.The home has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and is in a private community with high-tech security and body heat tracking.
- Hollywoodlife.com says Cameron Diaz celebrated her 50th birthday at a Malibu sushi restaurant. Her husband, Benji, Adele, Nicole Richie, Zoe Saldana and actress Leslie Mann all celebrated with her.
Company Hiring Pumpkin Spice Latte Taste Tester: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says the clothing brand Pour Moi is hiring a Pumpkin Spice Latte taste tester. The new 'employee' will be paid $350 and will be given an allowance to buy Pumpkin Spice Lattes so they can rate and review them. People can apply for the job on the company's website. Their ad reads ...
Must be able to get themselves to and from each coffee shop
Strong enthusiasm for autumn
A penchant for pumpkins
Lots of experience in drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes (desired, not essential)
The NY Post says Leonardo DiCaprio always dumps his girlfriends when they get too old or too close. A source tells the newspaper, “By the time girls reach 25, they’re looking for more — they’re looking to get married and settle down. That is not what Leo wants. He does not want a family and does not want to be around women who may press him for that,” the DiCaprio source, told The Post. “The minute a girl meets him, the clock is ticking. If she gets too old, in a couple of years, she is gone. If she gets too close, in a couple of years, she is gone. He’s gotten older but his taste has not gotten any older.”
The NY Post says Crypto.com, the cryptocurrency firm that Matt Damon endorses, accidentally sent $10.4 million to an Australian woman. The woman gave the money to six other family members before buying a new home. The error was discovered seven months later during an audit. Crypto.com sued the woman and her family and won. They have to repay the money and cover legal fees.
Entertainment Tonight says Chris Rock has turned own a tell-all interview with Oprah and a project with Will Smith. A source tells the TV show, "He declined an offer to go onto Oprah to do to a sit-down interview and even a Super Bowl commercial with Will Smith himself. He said, 'You are not gonna see me on any interviews crying my heart out about this. I am not going to be a victim'."
The Daily Star says Megan Fox stunned her fans yesterday when she dyed her hair grey. Megan changed colors to promote her new thriller, ''Johnny and Clyde.'''
The Internet reacts ...
"This better be a wig or I am suing whoever did this to you Queen."
"I'm voting for the dark."
"The only person that can literally have any hair colour and kill it."
Life & Style Weekly Magazine says Blake Shelton takes his job as a stepfather to Gwen Stefani's sons very seriously. A source tells the magazine, “He wants to be there for everything — sports games, family dinners, even homework. It’s not a sacrifice, as far as he’s concerned, but a privilege. Gwen and Blake] learned a lot from their past relationships and have vowed to always prioritize each other. Whether that means taking time off or picking projects that allow them to stay closer to home.”
Everything Nash says Dolly Parton is launching her own pet apparel and accessory line. She says a portion of the proceeds are going to an animal rescue. “Puppy Love was my very first record and six decades later, my love for pets is stronger than ever. This inspired me to start my own line of Doggy Parton apparel, accessories, toys and more with a little ‘Dolly’ flair.’ Part of the proceeds will support Willa B Farms, a rescue where animals in need find never-ending love. Don’t we all need that?’” Dolly will be selling the items on her Doggy Parton website and Amazon. Her line includes dresses, shirts, denim jackets, bandanas, necklaces, Tiaras, wigs, leashes and squeaky toys
Creative Loafing says Britney Spears is selling her Destin, Florida condo for $2 million. The penthouse was purchased in 2001 for $920,000. It has three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a fireplace, a wet bar, 10-foot ceilings and views of the Gulf of Mexico
Marca magazine, citing the NY Post, says Jennifer Garner is thrilled that her ex, Ben Affleck, married Jennifer Lopez. A source tells the news outlets, "I'm sure she's thrilled to get rid of her fourth child. I know that Jen will always care for Ben. All she's ever done is be there for Ben. They have three kids together and she loved him with all her heart. I'm sure she would want him to be happy, but she has her own life and her own boyfriend."
With the college football season upon us, a new survey by Hormel Foods reveals that the average person attends two tailgate parties per year. Other findings:
- 46% of people say if someone shows up to a tailgate party with no food than they should not be invited to the next tailgate bash
- best tailgate foods ... burgers (66%), hot dogs (56%) and chips (52%).
Bathroom Habits Survey
A new survey by Wilkinson Sword reveals that 20% of people would rather have a partner that keeps their bathroom clean than a partner that is a good kisser. Other findings:
- 12% of people would rather have a partner that keeps their bathroom clean than a partner that is a great lover.
- 66% of people say dirty bathrooms are a dating deal-breaker
- 66% of women say their partner doesn't clean up after shaving
- 66% of men don't collect their toenail clippings
- 40% of couples share a toothbrush or razor
GAME SHOWS PARENTS WATCH TOGETHER WITH THEIR KIDS … According to a new survey by Kahoot at Home And School.
“Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” - 39%
“Wheel of Fortune” - 37%
“Family Feud” - 34%
“Deal or No Deal” - 34%
“Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” - 33%
“The Price is Right” - 33%
“Jeopardy!” - 29%
MUSIC PARENTS ARE SHARING WITH THEIR KIDS … According to a new survey by Kahoot at Home And School.
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Our youth football league had a meeting last night to prepare for the upcoming season. Some of the coaches and board members got into a huge argument. Half of them want to reward the kids with participation trophies at the end of the season. The other half do not. This started a huge clash about whether or not kids should receive participation trophies and if they're any good. College football and NFL teams don't get them so why should our kids? As you can see, I'm against them, but others think they boost kids' confidence. Should we give out participation trophies or not?