Fonseca Trending 08/29/22
- WHNT says Krispy Kreme is offering a new donut today called the Artemis Moon Donut. The donut is filled with cheesecake cream and topped with cookies and cream icing which makes it look like the Moon. The donut celebrates NASA's launch today of the Artemis 1 mission to the Moon.
- Input magazine says Sony is raising the price of their PS5 game consoles because they are in short supply again due to a chip shortage.
- TV Insider says HBO has renewed their Game of Thrones spinoff, ''House of the Dragon'', for a second season.
- Newser says Princess Diana's Ford Escort, which she drove from 1985 to 1988, was recently auctioned off for $764,000. The car has a turbo engine and under 25,000 miles on it
- My Fitness Pal and Mashed magazine say Halloween will be one of the busiest days of the year for Starbucks. The chain serves more Pumpkin Spice Lattes on Halloween than any other day of the year.
- KHON says Honolulu won the Little League World Series yesterday by beating Curacao 13-3. This is Honolulu's second Little League World Championship in the last four years
- Fox Business News says a 1952 Mickey Mantle baseball card was recently auctioned off for $12.6 million. The price is the most ever paid for sports memorabilia. Anthony Giordano bought the Mantle card at a 1991 show for $50,000.He decided to resell it and was only expected to make $10 million
- Thirsty For News says Tom Cruise's son Connor, caught a 300 pound grouper over the weekend at the Sarasota Slam Fishing Tournament in Florida. The grouper won the grand prize
- The world's second wealthiest man, Jeff Bezos, posted a picture of himself eating a McDonald's hamburger yesterday. He captioned the picture with, "My first job. And still the same great burger. Happy Sunday!"
- WCBD says some flights were delayed at the Charleston, South Carolina airport on Saturday night because an alligator slowly walked across the runway. Pilots let the gator pass before taking off
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “The Invitation," $7 million.
2. “Bullet Train,” $5.6 million.
3. “Beast,” $4.9 million.
4. “Top Gun: Maverick,” $4.8 million.
5. “Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero,” $4.6 million.
6. “DC League of Super-Pets,” $4.2 million.
7. “Three Thousand Years of Longing,” $2.9 million
8. “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” $2.74 million.
9. “Thor: Love and Thunder,” $2.7 million.
10. “Where the Crawdads Sing,” $2.3 million
New Job Pays You To Watch Stephen King Movies: WFLA says a company called USDish is hiring a new 'employee' to watch 13 Stephen King movies. The new employee will be compensated with a Fitbit, a $350 swag bag and $1,300 in cash. The company is accepting applications and videos on their website and says, “For bonus points, they can include a video of why this is the scream job for them.''USDish's job ad reads: ''We want to know everything about your experience. You will track your heart rate and jump scares. You’ll let us know who joined in on the scares with you. You’ll let us know what you thought before watching certain movies, and if your feelings changed after you completed them. You’ll even log your sleep—if you can sleep.''
The new employee will watch the following movies ....
“Carrie” (original or 2013 remake) “Christine” “Creepshow” “Cujo” “Doctor Sleep” “Firestarter” (original or 2022 remake) “It” (original or 2017 remake) “It Chapter Two” “Misery” “The Mist” “Pet Sematary” (original or 2019 remake) “Salem’s Lot” “The Shining”
Variety magazine says Saturday, September 3rd has been dubbed National Cinema Day. Over 3,000 participating theaters, with 30,000 combined screens, plan to celebrate the day by selling $3 tickets.
The Cinema Foundation says, “After this summer’s record-breaking return to cinemas, we wanted to do something to celebrate moviegoing, We’re doing it by offering a ‘thank you’ to the moviegoers that made this summer happen and by offering an extra enticement for those who haven’t made it back yet.”
Radar Online claims Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's manager, Benny Medina, allegedly dislike one another. A source tells the website, “Benny has been by Jennifer’s side since day one. She credits him with transforming her from a backup dancer to one of the biggest stars in the world. It’s not a coincidence that the only time Jennifer broke up with him was when she was originally dating Ben Affleck, back in 2003. Ben and Benny hate each other. As the moment they are playing nice but there is already tension. Ben is very confident in his abilities. There is nothing that he doesn’t think he can do, including managing his wife’s career. Ben isn’t the type to stay out of her professional life. He has already been sharing his opinions about what she should and shouldn’t do, which Benny doesn’t appreciate. At the moment there is tension, but everyone knows it’s eventually going to explode and Jennifer will have to pick between her husband and the man who made her a star.”
KXLY says Jennifer Lopez is upset because someone videotaped the private performance she did at her wedding for Ben Affleck. That person then sold the footage online. Jennifer posted, : “This was taken without permission. Period. Whoever did it took advantage of our private moment. I don’t know where you all are getting it from because we had NDAs and asked everyone not to share anything from our wedding. That is our choice to share. Anything I put out private is OnTheJLo and it’s to share with my fans. Which I will do when I am ready to. This was stolen without our consent and sold for money.''
Macaulay Culkin tells the Wrestling with Freddy podcast that he is a huge WWE fan and regrets not taking a job with the company. "Oh man, there were times when I wanted to, like, kind of just find six months of my life at the very least just to kinda go in there and stuff. I will say I kind of regret not [writing for WWE]—now that I’m a dad I barely have time to pee at this point, you know what I mean? I just never got around to it, there was always something
The Daily Mail says Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child, Joseph Baena, has signed on to compete in the upcoming season of ''Dancing With the Stars''. The show will debut on Disney+ next month. Joseph tries to disguise himself by wearing a mask before and after rehearsals.
Thirsty For News says the world's wealthiest man, Elon Musk, makes his mother, Maye, stay in a garage when she visits him at his SpaceX headquarters in Boca Chica, Texas. Maye says, “I have to sleep in the garage. You can’t have a fancy house near a rocket site.''
Mark Wahlberg tells the Pardon My Take podcast that his son doesn't want him to fight Conor McGregor. Conor said, "I've decided to challenge Hollywood actress Mark Walhberg next. A fight for all the shares. I'll smack him and his four brothers around. It wouldn't be the first crew of brothers I've smacked around. Check the history books. The UFC history books."
Mark responded; "You know it's funny because I was talking to Ari [Emanuel - Mark's agent] and Dana [White - UFC President] when the whole thing was happening and they were just kind of joking around, throwing out some numbers and my son came up to me and he goes 'Dad, don't you dare. Don't even think about it.' My 16-year-old."
The Irish Mirror newspaper says Ricky Gervais has banned ice cubes from his stand-up comedy shows. He says the clinking of the cubes from people's glasses interrupts his flow. Ricky has also increased his security detail because of attacks on Dave Chappelle and author Salman Rushdie.
Thirsty 4 News says Kevin Hart recently ripped a fan for getting in his personal space. He tweeted, ''I met another close talker today… .I swear close talkers are the worst people on this earth. Back up….I can hear you….Why must you get so close. I have to politely say “Sir that’s too close”
The Rock responded, ''I feel this way anytime you say anything to me. Even on FaceTime, you’re too close.''
Home Improvement Survey
A new survey by Checkatrade reveals that 29% of people have had a home improvement project go wrong. Other findings:
- 70% of people have had to call a professional to fix their botched home improvement project
- 30% of people have been injured while performing a home improvement project
- 45% of people argue with their partner about home improvement projects
- 13% of people have damaged their property while doing a home improvement project
- 12% of people have ended up in the hospital after doing a home improvement project
Blinded By Beauty
A new study by Marshall College reveals that people are blinded by beauty. Study participants were asked to rate 120 faces. Researchers found that attractive men and women were rated as more “confident, emotionally stable, intelligent, responsible, sociable, and trustworthy even if they weren't.''
Dr. Carlota Batres says, “The results of our study provide evidence for what I am calling a ‘beauty goggles’ effect, where attractiveness clouds personality judgments. And “beauty googles” are cross-cultural. We are “blinded by beauty” can have real-world effects. For instance, in jury studies, jurors recommend less severe sentences for more attractive defendants on trial. This could partially be explained by the study’s results, that more attractive faces are judged as more “responsible” and “trustworthy”.''
Still Live At Home A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 36% of people say adults, who still live with their parents is bad for society. Other findings:
- 16% of people say adults, who live with their parents is good for society
- 50% of young adults, between the ages of 18 and 29, still live at home. That's up from 44% in 2010
I had a date on Saturday night, who called me cheap because I used a BOGO (buy one get one free) coupon on our first date. She said if I really liked her I would have paid full price for the meal. Well, I don't know if I like her so why pay full price for a meal for someone I may not see again. I think I was being smart with my money. She says the coupon shows that I don't think she's worth full price. What do you think? Am I cheap? Is she right?