- ESPN says WNBA star Brittney Griner was sentenced to nine years in a Russian prison yesterday after she pled guilty to drug possession and smuggling. She was caught with CBD oil as she tried to leave the country. Griner has been jailed since February. Joe Biden says, "Russia is wrongfully detaining Brittney. It’s unacceptable, and I call on Russia to release her immediately so she can be with her wife, loved ones, friends, and teammates."
- Simplemost says Krispy Kreme is bringing back their Pumpkin Spice Donuts on August 8th. Flavors include Pumpkin Spice Original Glazed Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice Original Filled Cheesecake Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut and Pumpkin Spice Latte Swirl Doughnut.
- The Daily Breeze says Taco Bell restaurants in Southern California are testing a new dessert called the Strawberry Bell Truffle. The Truffle is made with vanilla cake and has strawberry pieces, a sweet corn fudge center and a coating made with taco shell crumbs.
- Tasting Table magazine says Amy Fontaine's restaurant, in New York City, is selling a Choco Taco martini in honor of the discontinued Klondike dessert. The Tacotini has tequila, waffle cone syrup and crushed peanuts.
- Variety magazine says James Franco is going to play Fidel Castro in a new independent film called ''Alina of Cuba''. The movie will chronicle the life of Castro's illegitimate daughter as she leaves the country and defects to Spain.
- WMAQ says 75,000 yellow rubber duckies were dumped into the Chicago River yesterday as part of the city's 2022 Chicago Ducky Derby. People adopt the ducks with the money going to Special Olympics Illinois.
Woman Suing Popeye's Because Tenders Aren't Tender Enough For Her: Legal Newsline says Natasha Sanders, of New York, is suing Popeyes because their chicken tenders aren't juicy enough for her. She alleges the tenders are not made with tenderloin meat, but rather with parts of the chicken breast. Her lawsuit reads; "Chicken tenderloins are... juicier, making them more desirable for consumption, They are significantly smaller than the remainder of the chicken breast, also making them more expensive than the rest of the chicken breast. For these reasons, the perception that the products are actual chicken tenders made from chicken tenderloins is material to consumers. If she had known she was getting breast meat not from the tenderloin, she would not have purchased the tenders or not have paid as much as she did.''
The Sun says Elton John and Britney Spears' new version of ''Tiny Dancer'' is going to be titled ''Hold Me Closer''. A source tells the newspaper, “Elton has helped countless artists throughout the years, both publicly and privately, and has been well aware of Britney’s battle to escape her conservatorship. They have known each other for years, with Elton personally inviting Brit to a number of his famous Oscar parties. He genuinely wants the best for her and to hear them on a track together is amazing. He was very keen to make it clear they are both on a level playing field when it comes to credits. It will be ‘Elton John, Britney Spears’ — she won’t simply be a featured artist. And she will get the money she deserves from the earnings.”
WSBT says the Henry County, Georgia police are looking for a Home Depot thief, who resembles Bradley Cooper. The man was caught on camera stealing a rotary laser kit from a store. Officers posted surveillance pictures of the man before the public commented about his resemblance to Bradley ...
“Well, this is easy. Bradley Cooper. There ya go”
“Bradley Cooper has seen better days”
“Dang. Is that Bradley Cooper?”
“Bradley Cooper. I’d know that guy anywhere”
Celebretainment says Kim Kardashian recently underwent a stomach tightening procedure. She posted a picture of her stomach on the Internet along with the caption: "This is a game changer!!! I did morpheous laser to tighten my stomach @drghavami 's spa @gpsaesthetics. I think this is my fave laser but it's painful lol but worth it."
Epicstream, citing US Weekly Magazine, says Brad Pitt continues to keep his alleged new girlfriend a secret. A source tells the news outlets, “Brad keeps his dating life very private between himself and whoever he’s dating, especially if it’s casual. But when it’s serious, those closest to him will know.''
Woman's Day magazine says Ben Affleck's former girlfriend, Ana de Armas, may have a crush on Brad Pitt. The magazine says he cast her in his new Marilyn Monroe movie "Blonde". A source tells the magazine, “Friends are teasing that Ana might have a little crush. de Armas found Pitt absolutely captivating on set. Friends think Pitt and de Armas would be great together and even compare de Armas to a young Angelina Jolie. She definitely loves a leading man!”
Gizmodo says Lady Gaga has officially been cast in ''Joker 2''. The movie company released a silhouette teaser yesterday that shows her dancing with Joaquin Phoenix's character. Gaga is going to be playing Harley Quinn.
Giant Freakin Robot says Chris Pratt is going to use a Brooklyn accent when he voices Mario in the upcoming Donkey Kong movie. Seth Rogen is playing Donkey Kong, Jack Black is playing Bowser and Charlie Day is voicing Luigi
Twilight star Taylor Lautner says he and his fiancee, Taylor, plan to include their rescue dogs in their wedding. He tells People magazine, “We’re still discussing all things wedding. But, I’m sure that we’ll definitely find some special way that they can be involved because they are family members. I feel like they give me more than I give them. I try and do anything I can to be there for them.”
Yahoo News says Valerie Bertinelli is selling her Hollywood Hills home for $2.5 million. She bought the house for $1.9 million. It has a fireplace in the middle of the living room, modern bathrooms and a pool
The Top 5 Worst Foods That SHORTEN Your Life Expectancy … According to a new study by the University of Michigan (foods are followed by how many minutes you lose)
hot dog ... 36 minutes
soft drink .. 12 minutes
double cheeseburger .. 8 minutes
pizza .. 7.8 minutes
bacon .. 6 minutes
cheddar cheese .. 1.4 minutes
The Top 5 Best Foods That INCREASE Your Life Expectancy … According to a new study by the University of Michigan (foods are followed by how many minutes you gain) peanut butter and jelly sandwich ... 33 minutes
baked salmon ... 13.5 minutes
banana ... 13.5 minutes
tomatoes ... 3.8 minutes
avocado ... 2.8 minutes
French fries 1.5 minutes
Top 5 Barbeque Foods … According to a new survey by Warburton's
Hot dog / sausage
Top 5 Barbeque Drinks … According to a new survey by Warburton's
Top 5 Barbeque Sides … According to a new survey by Warburton's
Corn on the cob
Most Unpopular Baby Names of 2022 … According to a new survey by Google Trends
Boy names ...
Girl names ....
My husband was all excited the other night when our son came home and told us he was going to try out for a Fall sport. My husband thought he meant football. Our son is going to try out for the varsity cheerleading team. One of the cheerleaders won't be able to cheer this year so he wants a spot on the team. My husband told him that cheerleading is not a sport and that he needs to play football. My son disagreed with him. This led to a huge argument. Is cheerleading a sport?
P.S.: My husband told our son that he is going to get teased and bullied. He said only women should be cheerleaders. What are your thoughts on this?