- The NY Post says one person won Friday's $1.28 billion Mega Millions lottery jackpot. The winner is from Illinois. Friday’s winning numbers were 67, 45, 57, 36, and 13 The mega millions ball was 14. The lump sum cash payout is $747.2 million or $457.5 million after taxes.
- Yahoo News says President Biden tested positive for the coronavirus again on Saturday. He tested negative last Wednesday. Joe is asymptomatic and is isolating again for at least five days.
- The NY Post says some stores are locking up Spam because shoplifters are stealing cans and selling them on Amazon and eBay. CNN says stores are locking up Old Spice, Colgate and Dawn dish detergent because shoplifters are targeting them for resale online.
- Fansided says Pumpkin Spice products are returning to store shelves even though it is only August 1st. Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer has gone on sale at Target. People are flocking to the store to buy the creamer
- Elite Daily says Applebee's launched their own line of lip gloss on Friday. The gloss smells like chicken wing sauces. The collection includes ... Be My Honey Pepper, a golden honey shade with sparkly flakes, Sweet Chile Kiss, a red lip gloss with golden chili specks, Get Me Hot Buffalo, a coral-colored lip gloss with hot buffalo spice and Honey BBQ-T. The lip glosses are available on the Winky Lux website and can be purchased for $18 a piece
- The Daily Mirror says the world's most expensive pineapple has gone on sale.Tropical fruit farmers, in Cornwall, England, grew the pineapple using horse manure. It is expected to sell for $12,000 or $1,200 a slice.
- The NY Post says Vince McMahon left the WWE with $3.4 billion in his pocket. He is retiring because of several sexual harassment scandals.
- Pop Culture magazine says ''Full House'' star Jodie Sweetin got married on Saturday to her fiance, Mescal Wasilewski. The couple tied the knot in Malibu in front of 50 friends and family members. He is a clinical social worker. John Stamos and Candace Cameron Bure attended
- LAD Bible says KFC restaurants in Australia are delivering chicken with drones.Each drone can carry three pounds of food at a time.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “DC League of Super-Pets,” $23 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $90 million to produce)
2. “Nope,” $18.6 million.
3. “Thor: Love and Thunder,” $13.1 million.
4. “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” $10.9 million.
5. “Top Gun: Maverick,” $8.2 million.
6. “Where the Crawdads Sing,” $7.5 million.
7. “Elvis,” $5.8 million.
8. “The Black Phone,” $2.5 million.
9. “Jurassic World: Dominion,” $2.1 million.
10. “Vengeance,” $1.8 million.
People Try To Win Mega Millions At "LUCKIEST 7-ELEVEN IN THE WORLD": CBS says people flocked to the world's luckiest 7-Eleven, in Chino Hills, California, before Friday's Mega Millions lottery jackpot drawing. The convenience store bills itself as the "LUCKIEST 7-ELEVEN IN THE WORLD" because they sold the winning ticket for the largest jackpot in U.S. Lottery history in 2016.
Store owner Balbir Atwal says, ''Now, anytime the jackpot goes high, a lot of my neighbors come to buy tickets, Even people from other cities come here — people come even from Las Vegas to play here. A lot of people travel to Disneyland, and they (also) come here just to see this place.''
The NY Post says one person won Friday's $1.28 billion Mega Millions lottery jackpot. The winner is from Illinois.
Hollywoodlife.com says Brad Pitt is starting to date again. A source tells the website, “Friends have set him up, that’s really the only way he can meet anyone because he’s not going on dating sites or hitting the bar scene. Nothing serious has come from it yet, but he seems a lot more open to the idea of having someone special in his life again, which is a big step. His divorce has been very painful, but he’s done a lot of healing and really seems to be in a much better space.''
A source tells In Touch Weekly Magazine, “Brad decided that he is not interested in a committed relationship at the moment. He doesn’t want to step out at hot spots and get photographed. He is tired of being judged for every move he makes. He still has no interest in settling down and he has the best of both worlds right now.''
Metro UK says Johnny Depp recently sold $3.6 million worth of his artwork. In the past, he has painted Keith Richards, Bob Dylan and Elizabeth Taylor. Johnny put the paintings up for sale and raised millions as his legal battle with Amber Heard continues. He owes Amber $2 million as part of their defamation trial.
TMZ says Britney Spears has completed her memoir. The release is being delayed because of a paper shortage. The shortage is due to more people ordering books during the pandemic and a decreasing paper supply. Paper manufacturing plants are also having trouble retaining employees
The NY Post says Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have hired a wedding planner for their upcoming wedding at Ben's estate in Riceboro, Georgia. Wedding planner Colin Cowie has planned parties for Oprah Winfrey, Kim Kardashian, Jerry Seinfeld, Michael Jordan and Nicole Kidman. The guest list includes Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Jimmy Kimmel and Lopez’s “Shades of Blue” co-star, Drea de Matteo.
Jennifer Lopez tells Entertainment Tonight that she is writing a new album. "I've been very inspired for the first time in years and writing in a way that I haven't in a long time. It's been one of the best experiences creatively in my life. I'm excited about life in general and where it's going."
Marca magazine, citing The Daily Mail, says Jennifer Lopez's first husband, Ojani Noa, doesn't believe her marriage to Ben Affleck will last. He is quoted by the news outlets as saying, "I wish her and Ben the best, but I'm not convinced it will last. I think she's someone who will be married seven or eight times. I can't see her ever settling down with one person. She pushes herself to constantly go forward in her professional life, which is why she's had a three-decade career, but she also moves on in her private life. She went from Jen to being J-Lo, this big business bringing in millions. She had all these new people around her, all wanting to make money off her. I would call and an assistant would say 'Sorry, she's not available'. We wanted kids, we discussed having kids, then she told me she couldn't have a baby because it would interfere with her career. Our whole life became a lie."
The NY Post says Jeopardy fans are not happy that Mayim Bialik is going to be hosting with Ken Jennings
The Internet reacts ....
“Will not be watching @Jeopardy until @KenJennings becomes the primary and only host. This switching stuff sucks! #boycottjeopardy because they have idiots running it. What a mess''
“Great! I’ll watch through December when Ken hosts. I will not watch any Jeopardy Mayim hosts''
“And I am permanently not watching”
“No one is thrilled to see Mayim co-hosting at all, if you’d listen to the people most of us preferred Ken as the full-time host over Mayim Bialik. Watch when viewership goes down when Mayim hosts & then goes up with Ken you guys will regret to co-host crap'
“That woman drives me away from the show-and most others I know agree that she’s a mess as host”
KVOA says Shakira is headed to trial for tax evasion. She was unable to reach a deal with Spanish prosecutors so she will head to court to fight the charges against her.
Her public relations team released atatement saying, "Shakira and her team consider that this case constitutes a total violation of her rights since she has always shown impeccable behaviour, as a person and taxpayer, and total willingness to resolve any disagreement from the beginning, even before the criminal proceeding."
Shakira reportedly owes $17 million to the government in unpaid taxes
LAD Bible says Sylvester Stallone ripped ''Rocky'' producer Irwin Winkler on Saturday for planning to do a Drago spin-off without giving him any rights to the Rocky movie franchise.
Stallone Instagrammed, '' Another Heartbreaker… Just found this out…ONCE AGAIN , this PATHETIC 94 year old PRODUCER and HIS MORONIC USELESS VULTURE CHILDREN, Charles And David , are once again picking clean THE BONES of another wonderful character I created without even telling me … I APOLOGIZE to the FANS , I never wanted ROCKY characters to be exploited by these parasites… By the way, I have nothing but respect for my true friend , Dolph Lundgren.''
Dolph Lundgren posted, ''Just to set the record straight regarding a possible Drago spinoff. There’s no approved script, no deals in place, no director and I was personally under the impression that my friend Sly Stallone was involved as a producer or even as an actor. There was a press leak last week which was unfortunate. In touch with Mr Balboa - just so all the fans can relax…There ya go''
CBS says Vanilla Ice is opening a brewery in Lake Worth Beach, Florida. He plans to remodel a vacant building. The first floor bar is going to serve 15 brands of celebrity-themed beers. The second floor will be a museum featuring pop culture displays of “everything from Muhammad Ali to the movies to Vanilla Ice to ‘90210". The third floor will be a rooftop bar.
A new survey by Dark Maltesers reveals that 83% of people regularly avoid expressing their opinions because they don't want to offend others. Other findings:
- 57% of people believe the world would be a better place if people just told others what they really think
- 21% of people say they wish they had the confidence to say what they truly think
- 73% of people say sometimes you need to hear the truth even if it's hard to hear
A new survey by New View Strategies reveals that 72% of workers are currently experiencing burnout. Other findings:
- 33% of workers say they feel guilty when they take a vacation
- 37% of workers regret taking a vacation
- 50% of workers check work emails while on vacation
- 60% of workers say their boss has called them while on vacation
- 25% of workers get jealous when a co-worker takes a vacation
Chicken Wing Survey A new survey by Hidden Valley Ranch reveals that 25% of people would dump a date for ordering boneless chicken wings. Other findings:
- 75% of people don't judge others for licking their fingers when eating chicken wings because they do the same thing
- 63% of people say wings are their favorite food
- 33% of people eat drumettes first when eating wings
- 38% of people like their wings slathered in barbecue sauce while 34% prefer ranch dressing
I recently met a guy, who I am interested in. I told my friends I want to ask him out. Half of my girlfriend's said I should wait until he asks me out. They say if I do ask him out it may give him the idea that I want to hook up. My other friends say asking him out shows that I am confident and taking the lead. Which is it? Should I ask him out or not?