- WBZ says tonight's Mega Millions lottery jackpot is worth $530 million with a lump sum cash payout of $304.7 million. The jackpot is the eighth largest in Mega Millions history. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302,575,350
- Politico says Dr. Anthony Fauci plans to retire before the end of Joe Biden's term. He says, “We’re in a pattern now. If somebody says, ‘You’ll leave when we don’t have Covid anymore,’ then I will be 105. I think we’re going to be living with this”
- CBS says Toys R Us is making a comeback with help from Macy's. The toy store is going to reopen in Macy's department stores. The new Toys R Us stores will range in size from 1,000 feet to 10,000 square feet and will open by no later than mid-October for the holiday toy rush
- BroBible says a Houston mattress store owner, named Mattress Mack, has placed a $2 million bet on the Astros to win the World Series. If the Astros do win, Mack will take home over $10.6 million
- Metro UK claims Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is joining The Hunger Games prequel, ''The Ballad of Songbirds and Snake''. Peter is going to play Casca Highbottom, the Dean of The Academy, an elite school for wealthy children in the Capitol.
- LAD Bible says NASA is predicting that a snake-like solar flare is going to hit the Earth today. The flare could cause minor disruptions to GPS and radio signals. The flare will be visible to those near the North or South Pole.
The Daily Mail says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck chose not to pay extra to have an Elvis impersonator marry them. Instead, they read their own vows at the Little White Wedding Chapel. Britney Spears, Sinead O'Connor, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and Sarah Michelle Gellar also married at the Vegas chapel.
People magazine says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are planning on having a large wedding party. They also don't know where they are going to honeymoon. A source tells the magazine, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck “They plan on having a bigger party so they can celebrate with family and friends. As for a honeymoon, the newlyweds don’t have [one] planned yet. Jennifer says that every day with Ben is a honeymoon. Ever since they started dating again, Jennifer has truly believed that this is it. She is looking forward to growing old with Ben. She is very happy and content with Ben. She couldn’t ask for anything else. She thinks it’s all perfect.”
TMZ says the wedding party is going to take place at Ben's home in Riceboro, Georgia.
Radar Online says Jennifer Lopez flew her entire glam squad to Las Vegas for her wedding. A source tells the website, “Jen might have worn an old dress but she made sure her hair and makeup were brand news. It was a super small wedding, her mom, her kids, and yes, her hair and makeup team. Come on, do you really think JLo would do her own hair and makeup? No way. She knows those pictures are going to go everywhere. Even when she is being Jennifer, there is a little JLo inside her.”
The NY Post says Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez got married on a whim. A source tells the newspaper, “Ben did tell Jen about the wedding, but I’m told that it was only Friday at the earliest. It was very, very minimally planned in advance and was largely spur of the moment. Violet stayed home because she’s extremely loyal to her mom. Lopez has been ready to get married since the night that Ben proposed. She wanted to lock this down and remove any chance for cold feet ASAP!”
The Daily Mail says Vin Diesel is filming the next Fast and the Furious movie in Rome. He has hired two assistants to accompany him wherever he goes. Their main job is to hold battery operated fans over his head to keep him cool in the sweltering heat.
Anti-Music says a change.org petition has been started to have Ozzy Osbourne knighted by Queen Elizabeth. The petition reads, "For five decades, Mr. Osbourne has entertained the world with his music. He has worked tirelessly in bringing us the very best in entertainment from the days as the original frontman for Black Sabbath in 1968, 'til the present day with his endless stamina, drive and commitment in the music business. So I ask you today, along with the thousands of other people who have been supporting my campaign throughout the last eight years and have signed the previous two petitions, to please consider Mr. Osbourne and grant him the honour of a Knighthood for his services to music and charity over the last five decades."
Tom Bower, author of ''Revenge: Meghan, Harry, and the War Between the Windsors'', claims Prince Harry's friends did not like Meghan Markle when they first met. The Daily Beast says Tom writes, ''Their jokes involving sexism, feminism, and transgender people ricocheted around the living rooms and dining- rooms. Without hesitation, Meghan challenged every guest whose conversation contravened her values. According to some of Harry’s friends, again and again she reprimanded them about the slightest inappropriate nuance. Nobody was exempt. Harry’s world would not be her world.”
Hollywoodlife.com claims Pete Davidson wants kids with Kim Kardashian. A source tells the website, "Pete is really happy with where things stand between them and he only wants to continue growing closer. Pete has always known he’s wanted to have kids and become a father one day. Even though some people might not take Pete seriously, he absolutely sees himself settling down with a wife and starting a family of his own. He knows Kim is completely self-sufficient and doesn’t need a man to provide for her."
TMZ says Chelsea Handler and Jo Koy have broken up after a year of dating.They secretly split a month ago before Chelsea hosted ''Jimmy Kimmel Live''. Sources say there professional schedules are not going to allow them to spend time together.
A new survey by One Poll reveals that 73% of parents exercise in order to keep up with their children. Other findings:
- The average person logs 3800 steps per day or much less than the 10,000 recommended
- only 51% of people can touch their toes without straining
- 42% of people say they struggle to stay active on a daily basis
The Most Attractive Body Parts ... According to a new survey by Dr. Felix
most attractive features on a woman according to men ...
face 46% booty 18% hair 11% legs 9% chest 8%
most attractive features on a man according to women ...
chest 24% hair 22% arms 19% abs 13% eyes 3%
Return Policy Survey
A new survey by Narvar reveals that 60% of consumers bend the rules when returning items. Other findings:
- 25% of customers take advantage of return policies for monetary gain
- 25% of consumers have purchased an item, used it once or twice, and then returned it for a full refund
I was at work yesterday when I received an alert on my phone that my wife charged $325 to our credit card account. I called her and asked what the charge was for. She told me she booked a complete makeover for her driver's license picture. I thought she was joking. She was serious and is having her hair professionally cut and colored and her makeup professionally done. When I got home, we argued. She said the expense is justified and that I'm a guy and don't understand. I think it's a waste of money. It's just a driver's license picture. She says she has to look good for it. Is the makeover a waste of money? Am I missing something being a guy?