The "Dad Bod" Is More Popular Than Ever Planet Fitness does this poll for Father's Day each year . . . even though it seems like it might HURT their business more than help it. An annual survey on DAD BODS found they're more popular than ever . . . 70% of women now say it's an attractive look. And 69% of men with dad bods say they're confident about it now, up from 64% a few years ago. 80% of women think dad bods are a sign of confidence. 65% described it as a "sexy" look. And 59% would rather be with a guy who's got a little jiggle than someone who's solid muscle.
Remember the old drug PSA where a kid told his dad, "I learned from watching YOU"? Well, we might need one of those for SNACKING too . . .
53% of Americans say they inherited some of their bad snacking habits from their parents. Here are the top snacks we've been obsessed with since we were kids.
2. Potato chips.
5. Corn chips
7. Cured meats.
9. Olives. (???)
10. Fresh fruit. That one surprised us. But 43% of people said their parents also taught them about some HEALTHIER options when they want a snack.
How many cups of coffee do you drink on a normal workday?
A new poll found one or two cups is a pretty common answer. But some of us are drinking a LOT more than that.
1. One or two cups tied with 21% of the vote each.
2. 11% of people said three cups.
3. 6% said four.
4. 3% said five.
5. 2% said six cups.
6. And another 2% drink at least SEVEN cups of coffee a day.
Around 1 in 3 people said they DON'T usually drink coffee. That was actually the most common answer in the poll.
68% of Us Decided Deodorant Was Pointless During the Pandemic
When we were all stuck at home during the pandemic, I guess everyone had the same thought . . . if I'm not around people, I might as well STINK. 68% of Americans admit they intentionally avoided DEODORANT at some point during the lockdown, because they just didn't see the point. And yes, there was a big drop in deodorant sales because of it. 59% of people were also less active in general last year and worked out less. So that's another reason we used less of it. 55% of us think we'll probably use MORE deodorant this year though.
Father's Day is this weekend, making this a good time to check out the WORST dads in movies and TV. Here are some highlights from a list of the Top 25 . . .
1. Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons".
2. Al Bundy, "Married with Children". Played by Ed O'Neill.
3. Frank Gallagher, "Shameless". Played by William H. Macy.
4. Red Forman, "That '70s Show". Played by Kurtwood Smith.
5. Randy "The Ram" Robinson, "The Wrestler". Played by Mickey Rourke.
6. Jack Torrance, "The Shining". Played by Jack Nicholson.
7. Frank Reynolds, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Played by Danny DeVito.
8. Mr. Wormwood, "Matilda". Also Danny DeVito.
9. Tywin Lannister, "Game of Thrones". Played by Charles Dance.
10. Darth Vader, "Star Wars". Played by David Prowse in the costume, and the voice of James Earl Jones.
Today's Showbiz Highlights
1. ZOOEY DESCHANEL says one of the great things about dating JONATHAN SCOTT from "Property Brothers" is that he can do all the home repairs. Quote, "He just like gets out his tool kit and he fixes stuff. He's so great." 2. A guy got some pretty major celebrities, including Mark Wahlberg, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ben Kingsley, and Kat Dennings, to send video messages congratulating his daughter on her graduation. And he did it just by finding all their managers on LinkedIn and hitting them up. 3. "People" has named THE ROCK the #1 Reason to Love America. He says, quote, "[Growing up] I never expected in my wildest of wild dreams that I would ever be in a position to be on the cover of "People", and certainly not with this kind of title." (Full Story) 4 During a press conference, soccer star CRISTIANO RONALDO snubbed two bottles of Coca-Cola, in favor of a bottle of water. And then Coke's market value dropped by $4 billion. 5 A list of the worst TV and movie dads includes Homer Simpson, Darth Vader, Al Bundy from "Married with Children", and Frank Gallagher from "Shameless". (Full Story) 6. Streaming might be making movies worse. Experts think the quality is diminishing because movies are going straight to streaming services, and no longer have to be good enough to lure people out of their homes and into the theater. (Full Story) 7. The most played TV soundtracks on Spotify include: "Stranger Things" . . . "One Tree Hill" . . . and "This Is Us". The most played TV theme songs include: "Carry On Wayward Son" from "Supernatural" . . . "I Don't Want to Be" from "One Tree Hill" . . . and "I'll Be There for You" from "Friends". 8. WILL SMITH will host an hour-long variety special on Netflix later this year. It will have celebrity guests . . . musical performances . . . comedy sketches . . . and "noteworthy conversation."
The Ten States That Fit the "Dad" Stereotype the Best
Someone ranked all 50 states according to how well they fit the "dad" stereotype by looking at stats on grilling, nerdy shoes, and dad joke popularity. And the top four dad states all border each other: Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas. So someone looked at all of those things, and used them to rank all 50 states according to how closely they fit the "dad" stereotype. And it turns out one section of the country REALLY fits it. They looked at how much money dads spend on their kids . . . how obsessed they are with grilling . . . how popular dad jokes are in each state . . . and how interested people are in New Balance sneakers. And the top FOUR dad states all border each other: Iowa . . . Nebraska . . . Missouri . . . and Kansas, which tied Vermont for fourth place. The rest of the top ten dad states are: North Carolina, Delaware, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and South Carolina. On the flip-side, FLORIDA is the top state where dads break the mold and DON'T fit those stereotypes as well. The states that ranked lowest in dad stats are: Florida . . . Hawaii . . . Mississippi . . . West Virginia . . . and Utah.