Fonseca Trending 05/27/22
The NY Post says Meghan Markle visited the site of the Uvalde, Texas school shooting yesterday. She paid her respects to the 21 victims by laying a bouquet of white roses near a cross. Meghan wore a white t-shirt, jeans, and a baseball cap to avoid attention.
- NBC says 39 million Americans are expected to travel during Memorial Day weekend.
- The News & Observer says some Taco Bell restaurants are allegedly running out of their Mexican pizzas.
- Red Lake Nation News says General Mills is selling Hamburger Helper for $610 million. Eagle Family Foods is buying the brand along with Tuna Helper, Suddenly Salad Helper and Chicken Helper.
- The Verge says Gucci is selling a $950 Aura ring. The ring tracks a person's sleep and daily fitness activities. It is black with the gold Gucci logo.
- The Wrap says Jack Black is going to receive the Comedic Genius Award at the 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- The NY Post says Jodie Foster is going to be starring in the next installment of ''True Detective''. She will also produce the series for HBO.
4th Grader Survives Uvalde, Texas School Shooting By Playing Dead: ABC says a fourth grader from Robb Elementary School, in Uvalde, Texas, survived the school's mass shooting earlier this week by playing dead. Miah Cerillo covered herself in blood and then closed her eyes. A relative says, ''With all the blood on her clothes and everything that just means she wanted to survive. She did what she had to to survive... (she) pretended to be dead. You don't have to be a parent to feel the pain these parents are going through. It's unimaginable what they went through, especially the smaller kids. They didn't have to go through that."
Winnie The Pooh Horror Movie Coming Soon: The NY Post says a twisted take on Winnie the Pooh is in the works. "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey" is an upcoming horror film that features terrifying versions of Pooh, Piglet, and the rest of the beloved children's characters. The famous yellow bear will go on a rampage after Christopher Robin leaves him behind to get a college education.
Director Waterfield tells Variety magazine, "No one is going to mistake this for Disney. When you see the cover for this and you see the trailers and the stills and all that, there's no way anyone is going to think this is a child's version of it." There is currently no release date for the movie.
Fortune Magazine says the producers of "Top Gun: Maverick" paid the U.S. Navy $11,000 an hour for fighter jet rides . The magazine says Tom Cruise could be in the cockpit, but couldn't touch any of the controls. The cast was filmed sitting behind an F-18 pilot. They underwent emergency training and knew how to survive at sea and eject should a plane crash occur.
The Daily Star says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have hired Michael Jackson's former bodyguard, Alberto Alvarez. A source tells the newspaper, “Alberto has worked with the biggest celebrities so knows every trick in the book of keeping them out of harm’s way. He is discreet and was extremely loyal to Michael. He and Harry seem like a good match and Harry hopes he’s the man to look after him and his family.”
Raw Story says Kevin Spacey has been charged with four counts of assault.Several London men claim he groped them between 2005 and 2008 and then again in 2013. The London Police say they charged Kevin because they believe they have a good case against him
Jeff Bridges tells People magazine that he almost died from the coronavirus while undergoing chemo last year. “I had no defenses. That’s what chemo does — it strips you of all your immune system. I had nothing to fight it. COVID made my cancer look like nothing. I was pretty close to dying. The doctors kept telling me, ‘Jeff, you’ve got to fight. You’re not fighting.’ I was in surrender mode. I was ready to go. I was dancing with my mortality.''
Celebrity Insider says Jussie Smollett is going to direct a new project for BET+ called ''B Boy Blues''. It's about a Brooklyn journalist, who falls in love with a Harlem bike messenger.
The Internet slams Jussie ...
'Gurl he already made his directing debut'
'No thanks because the storyline is probably based on lies'
Jason Bateman tells Variety magazine that he is open to doing more ''Ozark'' episodes. ''Any job or work environment that was positive, and where you loved the people you were working with and you loved the product you were creating, you’d love to return to it. It’s hard to maintain something that is really pleasurable all the time. And we had that with “Ozark.” So I’d do it again in a second, because what we had just doesn’t happen often.''
The Daily Mail says people are flocking to a Brazilian farm to see a giant rock that resembles E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Miguel Barretto discovered the rock after a fire on his farm. The boulder is 20 feet high and has cracks that make it look like E.T.'s face
Memorial Day Survey
A new survey by AAA reveals that 75% of Americans plan to celebrate Memorial Day. Other findings:
- 50% of people plan to grill during Memorial Day weekend
- 75% of people plan to drink beer during Memorial Day weekend
- 44% of people won't be buying Memorial Day decorations because of inflation
- 31% of people are cutting back on alcohol purchases because of inflation
Chillin N Grillin
A new survey by Weber Grills reveals that over 70% of Americans will grill over Memorial Day weekend. Other findings:
- Memorial Day weekend is the third biggest grilling occasion of the year behind the Fourth of July and birthdays
- 71% of Americans own a grill - the three foods grilled most often are hamburgers, chicken and steak - grillers consider dessert the most challenging food to grill, followed by fish and pizza
A new survey by Outdoorsy reveals that 56% of people don't believe they will be able to take a vacation this year because of inflation and rising costs. Other findings:
- 58% of people have saved money this year for a vacation.
- 72% of people are dipping into their savings to pay for their vacation
My wife and I got into an argument last night after she showed me our nine-year-old daughter's new bathing suit. She bought her a bikini for the Summer. I told my wife that our daughter should be wearing a one-piece not a two-piece because it is inappropriate for a young girl to wear something like that. My wife says there's nothing wrong with it and that I'm being overprotective. Is nine years-old too young for a bikini? We're going on several vacations this Summer and I don't need pervs looking at my daughter.