- ABC says new testing by Moderna reveals that their coronavirus vaccine is 100% effective in kids, ages 12 to 17.
- As of April 30th, the Centers for Disease Control says 101 million Americans have been vaccinated. Only 10,262 of those people contracted the coronavirus after being vaccinated. That means .01% of all vaccinated people have gotten covid-19.
- The Wrap says 2.8 million people watched the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night. Those are the lowest ratings ever for the show.
- The Daily Mail says the Genie bottle from ''I Dream of Jeannie'' is going to be auctioned off. It is expected to sell for $50,000. - We Got This Covered says Tom Cruise may play a villain in the next Lethal Weapon movie. The site also says Vin Diesel wants Tom to make a cameo in one of the final Fast and the Furious movies.
A pool and beach survey by TripAdvisor reveals that the top three faux pas committed by swimmers and sunbathers are blasting loud music, hogging beach chairs and urinating in the water. Other findings:
- 52% of people say diapers should not be changed publicly while 5% believe it's unacceptable for young children to go in pools or the ocean with diapers on
- 65% of people believe it is fine for men to wear Speedos while 71% feel that women should be free to wear "skimpy bikinis."
- 47% of people say it is unacceptable to urinate in the ocean when no one else is around.
- 18% of people say it is unacceptable for women to go topless on the beach
- 26% of people say that on a crowded beach, strangers should maintain a 6-foot buffer zone between them and their neighbors.
OK! magazine claims Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden may adopt. A source tells the magazine "Just a few years ago, becoming a mom wasn't even on Cameron's radar. But it's been a revelation, and it's the focus of her life now. They're thinking about adoption this time. They've already looked into an agency and hope to bring home another baby by the end of the year. They can't wait for Raddix to have a sibling.''
OK! magazine says Ben Affleck has fallen for Jennifer Lopez again. A source tells the magazine, ''Ben always felt like she was the one who got away. He regrets the way their relationship ended and feels that he could've been better. He reached out to Jennifer over email. She was touched and charmed by the things he wrote. Jennifer is someone who has always been on Ben's mind. . "Even after all these years, they still have lots in common and the chemistry is unbelievable. It just feels so comfortable and natural this time around."
Ben and Jen were spotted in Miami this past weekend
The Star claims Ellen DeGeneres is allegedly getting jew job offers now that she is ending her talk show. A source tells the magazine, “The word is, she has lucrative new offers coming in. Portia would love for Ellen to take a break, dial back the intensity and enjoy life for a while, but Ellen is 100 percent not done in entertainment,” the source said.
Rob Lowe tells E! News that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle caused his Montecito, California property value to go up when they moved in. “When Oprah moved in, that began the sort of resurgence of Montecito. Now that the royals are here… the good news is property values go up, the bad news is the line is longer at Starbucks.”
Johnny Knoxville tells GQ magazine that the next Jackass movie will be his last.“You can only take so many chances before something irreversible happens. I feel like I've been extremely lucky to take the chances I've taken and still be walking around. “I can't afford to have any more concussions. I can't put my family through that.”
Survey: ''Do you know a ''daredevil'', who got injured while performing a ridiculous stunt at home? If so, what painfully funny thing happened?"
The Star claims Sandra Bullock's boyfriend, Bryan Randall, allegedly does not want her spending time with Keanu Reeves. A source tells the magazine, “Bryan finds Keanu intimidating. He suspects he’s the ‘one who got away’ back in the day. Sandy wants to double date with Keanu and Alexandra. But even if it’s a chilled-out dinner party via Zoom, Bryan’s not down with it at all.”
The NY Post says Matthew Perry slurred his words in a "Friends'' reunion special promo because he had emergency dental work done. A source tells the newspaper, “Matthew turned up to the reunion [in April] and members of his team said that he had an emergency tooth procedure that day. That was said to impact his wellbeing and also how he was feeling. He had been in pain from what we understand, which caused the slurred speech. Obviously no one wants to film after a procedure, but it happened. The feeling was one of huge sympathy for Matthew, especially in recent days given how people have reacted online. Matthew has told those around him that he is sober, and there is no need to worry.”
The NY Post says Meghan Markle is performing the Japanese energy healing discipline, Reiki, on Archie and Prince Harry. A source tells the newspaper, “Meghan said both she and Harry come from a long lineage of pain and suffering, [with] generations of genetic baggage, and that it’s now up to them to break the cycle once and for all.''
Perez Hilton says Kanye West is allegedly secretly dating Bradley Cooper's ex, Irina Shayk. The website quotes a source as saying, “Kanye West is now secretly dating Irina Shayk aka Bradley Cooper’s baby mama. I don’t know if ‘dating’ is the right word, but there is perhaps some interest there.”
Olivia Rodrigo tells Vogue magazine that she wishes she had grown up in the '90's. “I wish I could be a teenager in the ’90s, because that’s my favorite music ever. I just feel like it’s so raw. I remember the first time I heard Jagged Little Pill and I turned to my mom and was like, ‘Oh my gosh, wow, she really just said that.’ It’s so brutally honest to the point it’s almost shocking—they were things that I’d genuinely never heard before in a song. And that was super inspiring to me. That’s what really got me going and what made me excited to write my own story.”
Dua Lipa tells Hunger magazine that she had a weird roommate when she moved from Kosovo to London at 15 years old. "In the beginning, my mom wanted to come with me, but I convinced her that I could do this on my own. Instead, they found someone for me to live with – a girl they knew from Kosovo, who was doing her Master's in London – which made them feel more at ease. But she didn't really [care] about what I was doing at all! Sometimes when I felt like I really needed someone to talk to, she literally didn't care! The only time she did care was when she went into my messy room while I was at school and took pictures and sent them to my mom to stitch me up. Who does that?! It was such a [mean] thing to do."
Taylor Swift tells Elle magazine that she used to punish herself when she was a child. "My mom always tells me that when I was a little kid, she never had to punish me for misbehaving because I would punish myself even worse. I'd lock myself in my room and couldn't forgive myself, as a five year-old. I realized that I do the same thing now when I feel I've made a mistake, whether it's self-imposed exile or silencing myself and isolating. I've come to a realization that I need to be able to forgive myself for making the wrong choice, trusting the wrong person, or figuratively falling on my face in front of everyone. Step into the daylight and let it go."
The Weeknd tells Complex.com that Michael Jackson was a huge inspiration to him. "Michael, man, that guy was the star. He invented the star. There will never be another Michael. I want to make it very clear that I’m not trying to be Michael. He’s everything to me, so you’re going to hear it in my music. 'Off the Wall' was the album that inspired me to sing."
Justin Bieber tells GQ magazine that he loves being married. "Before, I didn’t have that to look forward to in my life. My home life was unstable. Like, my home life was not existing. I didn’t have a significant other. I didn’t have someone to love. I didn’t have someone to pour into. But now I have that."
Memorial Day Survey
A new survey by Frito-Lay reveals that 80% of people have Memorial Day plans. Other findings:
- 27% of people plan to attend a Memorial Day barbecue
- 13% of people plan to visit a beach on Memorial Day
- 13% of people plan to visit a park on Memorial Day
- 8% of people plan to play an outdoor sport on Memorial Day.
- 68% of people will snack on chips this Memorial Day Weekend.
- 40% of people snack more than they did before the pandemic