- KGO says some San Francisco gas stations are selling gas for $7.75 a gallon.The national average is $4.71
- WTRF says more baby formula is headed to the United States. A second flight is going to Pennsylvania in the coming days to ease the formula shortage
- WDIV says Jeff Bezos' ex-wife, Mackenzie Scott, has donated $122.6 million to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. Scott has donated $12.5 billion to 1,253 nonprofits since 2020.
- Food & Wine magazine says Oreo and Ritz Crackers have teamed up for a cookie/cracker combination. The mash-up features an Oreo cookie, it's white cream, a Ritz cracker and peanut butter. It is available for a limited time online.
- Billboard magazine says Pepsi is ending its Super Bowl halftime show sponsorship deal with the NFL. The NFL is now looking for a new sponsor
- Consequence of Sound says Samuel L Jackson and Chris Pratt are going to star in the new animated Garfield movie. Jackson will play Pratt's father. Pratt is playing Garfield.
- The USA Today newspaper says '' Top Gun: Maverick'' star Miles Teller will wave the green flag as the 2022 Indy 500 honorary starter
- The Hollywood Reporter says “Top Gun: Maverick” is expected to make over $100 million this weekend during its opening weekend
- Restaurant Business Online says Tesla is developing plans for a drive-in restaurant and movie theater in Los Angeles. People would be able to charge their cars while eating and watching movies
Uvalde, Texas School Shooting Update: News Nation Now says 19 students and two adults were killed yesterday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. Eighteen year- old Salvador Ramos shot his grandmother and then entered the school where he opened fire. Officers killed Ramos.
TVLine says CBS pulled last night's season finale for the show ''FBI''. It involved a student shooter.
CBS says Aerosmith is cancelling concerts in June and July because Steven Tyler is back in rehab.
The band released a statement saying, ''As many of you know, our beloved brother Steven has worked on his sobriety for many years. After foot surgery to prepare for the stage and the necessity of pain management during the process, he has recently relapsed and voluntarily entered a treatment program to concentrate on his health and recovery. We are truly sorry to inform our fans and friends that we must cancel our first set of Las Vegas Residency dates this June and July while he focuses on his well-being. Thank you for your understanding and for your support for Steven during this time.''
The NY Post says Meghan Markle's father, Thomas, was recently rushed to the hospital after suffering a stroke. Thomas couldn't speak with paramedics and had to write down his words on paper. His daughter, Samantha, released a statement saying, “We ask for privacy for the family, for his health and wellbeing. He just needs peace and rest. It’s a travesty how much he’s been tortured and how much he’s had to go through thanks to my sister’s disregard the past few years. That is unforgivable.”
Cybill Shepherd has admitted that she had feelings for Bruce Willis when they were filming their 1980s ABC TV show, ''Moonlighting''. The Daily Express newspaper quotes her as saying, “My temperature went up 10 degrees. That meant two things to me: one, I was very attracted to him, two, I would never act on it, 'cause we were both very attracted to each other.' I will always love Bruce. I just have to say one thing about Bruce. No one else was ever considered for the part when he walked in the room.”
Nick Cannon tells the It's Tricky podcast that he has no plans to marry any of the eight women he has kids with. "I love my family, all of my children, and every woman that has given me the blessing of being able to experience that. But marriage, and all that goes into that, is so ... it's a lot. You're literally entering a partnership where two become one. I'm not built for that."
Ryan Reynolds was recently doing an interview with David Letterman when he said he accidentally gave Denzel Washington two black eyes while filming their 2012 movie ''Safe House.'' “There’s a scene in the movie where he crawls through the trunk in the back and he grabs me and chokes me. We were really driving a car at top speed. He and I are in this out-of-control car and my corner of my head, I felt it hit his eye so hard I was sure that it split wide open. I’m thinking I’m going to be sent home via crematorium, like, this is it, not only my career but my actual pulse will cease. He was fine, he was like, ‘Hey, accidents happen. Let’s do it again and we’ll shoot it from the other side so we can keep shooting so you don’t see this.”
The Daily Mail says Tom Cruise banned the cast of ''Top Gun: Maverick" from drinking while on the set. A source tells the newspaper, 'On most sets, the cast and crew socialize and go drinking but on Top Gun, they were told to keep partying to a minimum.'
Idris Elba tells Complex magazine that Michael Jordan rejected his offer to play him in a movie. ''I even said to him one time,’I want to play you.’ He was like, ‘mmm, I’m not ready yet.’ That’s what he said, ‘I’m not ready yet.’ I was dead serious. It wasn’t, you know, in my head, playing Jordan wouldn’t be about playing the basketball player. It’s about the businessman. I mean, he’s a very astute businessman, really smart. And his work as a philanthropist is like, unspoken, but people don’t understand like the work. He cares, he does a lot of work. So that’s where I was. I was like, I want to play Jordan, I’m doing that. He’s like, ‘oh, I’m not ready for that story yet.'”
Time Magazine has named Keanu Reeves the ''World's Nicest Man''. His Matrix co-star, Carrie-Anne Moss, writes; "In this often unkind and shallow world, my friend Keanu gives others hope. The actions of this handsome, talented, successful, and fiercely committed actor have become a reprieve from the constant disappointment we have for those who get put on a pedestal.''
Female First and The Sun newspaper say Ellen and her family plan to head to Africa after her show ends tomorrow. A source tells the news outlets, "Right after the show finale airs she, Portia and her closest friends, including her brother, Vance DeGeneres and his wife, are heading to Rwanda for the opening of her gorilla campus."
Shirtless Single Men Seen As Less Competent And More Promiscuous A new study by the University of Colorado reveals that men, who pose topless on Tinder are seen as 'less competent' and 'more promiscuous' than men, who don't. Researchers showed 567 study participants pictures of a man with and without his shirt. They then asked women to judge the man.
The researchers wrote; ''A sexualized self-presentation on a Tinder profile is perhaps not the best self-presentational choice for men wanting to make a positive impression on women. The present findings indicate that a man's sexualized self-presentation on a dating profile, even on an app known as a site for hook-ups, elicits diminished perceptions of his competence and greater perceptions that he engages in risky sexual behavior.''
Pet Survey A new survey by Pets At Home reveals that 40% of pet owners consider their dog or cat a child of their own. Other findings:
- 25% of people would rather see their pet than their partner after a day at work
- 40% of people say their pet has its own spot on their sofa
- 45% of pet owners prioritize their pets' needs over their own
What ives Tinder Members The ‘Ick’? … According to a new survey by Metro UK
1 Group photos or the same pose.
2 A long list of requirements.
3 Showing off.
4 Using emojis un-ironically
5 Being too keen.
My daughter recently graduated from high school and immediately moved out and got her own apartment. Yesterday, she came home and told my husband and I that she lost her job and is going to have trouble paying rent. She has asked us for a loan. My husband says we should not offer her any money and that her struggles will teach her responsibility. I am more sympathetic and think we should give her some cash until she gets another job and can repay us. What do you think we should do?