- Newsweek magazine says a Mobil gas station, in West Hollywood, is selling gas for $7.29 a gallon. That's more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
- A new survey by Job Sage reveals that 64% of people are hiding something from their employer.
- A new survey by the Mayo Clinic reveals that 55% of people have dieted at least six times during their lifetime
- NBC says Starbucks is closing all of their stores in Russia because of Vladimir Putin's invasion of the Ukraine. Starbucks plans to pay their 2,000 Russian employees for the next six months
- Milwaukee Business News says Miller Lite is introducing a beer-infused charcoal ahead of Memorial Day weekend. The charcoal can be purchased on Miller Lite's website and is available starting today
- Food & Wine magazine says Arby's is putting a hamburger on their menu for the first time ever. The limited edition burger will be made using Wagyu beef. The burger is 50% larger than a McDonald's Quarter Pounder and is topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onion and a special burger sauce
- The Chicago Sun-Times says Netflix is rebooting ''Iron Chef'' with host Alton Brown. The show will start streaming on June 15th
- WGN-TV says Best Buy is recalling 93,000 hoverboards because they may malfunction and injure the rider. The Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards have a software glitch that doesn't stop the motor and causes riders to continue their momentum when they are no longer in control of the board
- In touch Weekly Magazine says Kourtney Kardashian has added Barker to her last name. She and Travis married over the weekend in Italy.
Ace Giving Away American Flags For Memorial Day: Ace Hardware is teaming with the Veterans of Foreign Wars to give away 1 million American flags on Saturday. Customers, who visit participating stores, will receive a free 8 by 12 American flag while supplies last. A second flag will be donated to a local VFW post.
Ace says, “Ace is proud to be a part of this nationwide effort to distribute flags to our customers and to the VFW to help honor our fallen heroes on Memorial Day. With Ace stores easily accessible to millions of Americans, we wanted to step up and provide a way for our customers, and our store owners and associates, to pay tribute to our military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.”
Ace Showbiz says vasectomy doctors are trying to hire Nick Cannon to be there next spokesperson. The star is about to have his eighth child. He has had several vasectomy consultations and may be able to turn his vasectomy into a lucrative endorsement deal
Tom Cruise tells Hello magazine that he uses one of his own planes in ''Top Gun: Maverick''. “I got to actually fly in an F-14 jet which was a dream come true, and play a character I loved in Maverick. The P-51 Mustang you see in the movie is actually my plane, so I got to pilot in those sequences. I also got to be in the jet fighter a lot more this time, which was thrilling. It was something I had been working up to.”
'Top Gun: Maverick' opens in theatres on Thursday night
The Robb Report says Tom Cruise recently wore a $102,000 watch to a sneak preview of ''Top Gun: Maverick''. The ultrathin Vacheron Constantin watch has a blue dial, silver hands and 18 karat gold white accents. The watch has three subdials, which keep it accurate for the next 78 years
'Top Gun: Maverick' opens in theatres on Thursday night
Newsweek magazine says a Tik Tok couple, named Shane and Alexandra Cunningham, are going viral because they resemble Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. The two have been doing skits where they impersonate the actors. Others say they look like Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.
The Daily Mail says Jennifer Aniston launched her own line of protein bars yesterday. The bars are called Vital Proteins and come in three flavors ... Peanut Butter Fudge, Cold Brew Coffee and Dark Chocolate Coconut. The bars have 170 calories a piece
The Irish Mirror newspaper says Kim Kardashian is being slammed for allowing her eight year old daughter North to wear a corset to Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian's wedding reception.
The Internet reacts...
"I agree the mom in me doesn’t like the corset on an 8yr [old].”
"can’t understand why a child is wearing a corset."
"Other than being age and weather inappropriate (I hope Kanye [West] has a word with Kim about repeatedly dressing their 8 yo in corsets.. it’s weird''
Celebitchy, citing the NY Post, claims Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell is dating a 21 year-old model. She is 63. The couple met at a fashion show. A 91 year old man is also pursuing Candice.
Women Losing Weight With "Hot Girl Walk"
Stylist magazine says women are losing weight by taking part in a new Tik-Tok trend called the Hot Girl Walk. It involves strutting for several miles while thinking of the following three things ...
What you’re grateful for
How hot you are
Fitness influencer Lucy Arnold says, “Positive affirmations are good for you, telling yourself you are worthy and worth it. Thinking about all of the wonderful things you are capable of, and what you have accomplished and what you hope you achieve can be a great way to boost your self and your mood.”
Dating Survey A new survey by Plenty of Fish reveals that 20% of singles have secretly taken a friend with them on a date. Those singles say they had their friend show up in secret at their date location. Other findings:
- 59% of people share details of their dates with their best friend
- 28% of people share details about their first dates with their co-workers
- 13% of people have sought love advice from a bartender
- 13% of people have sought love advice from a taxi driver
- 10% of people have sought love advice from a barista
15 Most Common Lies People Tell Their Partners … According to a new survey by Capital One
1. Claiming something cost less than it did
2. Buying something and not letting on
3. Pretending a new purchase was in the sale when it wasn’t
4. Professing to liking their cooking
5. Pretending to like their friends
6. Going on a diet “together”, but secretly eating junk food
7. Telling them they look great when they don’t
8. Secretly using their beauty products
9. Playing down how much was spent on a night out with friends
10. Secretly throwing out a hated item of their clothing
11. Pretending to have eaten the packed lunch they prepared but dining out instead
12. Not coming clean about the number of previous lovers
13. Pretending to like the in-laws
14. Having a secret crush on their best friend
15. Bumping into an ex and saying it’s just an old friend
FOODS PEOPLE THINK THEY’RE THE BEST AT GRILLING … According to a new survey by One Poll
Burgers - 45%
Chicken - 43%
Hot dogs - 43%
Steak - 40%
Ribs - 32%
Fish - 29%
Veggies - 28%
Shellfish - 24%
Fruit - 24%
Meat substitutes (e.g. tofu, tempeh, etc.) - 22%
My mother-in-law is out of control. She bought my 17 year-old daughter lingerie as a graduation gift. When I confronted her, she said there's nothing wrong with giving her lingerie because it will make her feel sexy and confident. I don't think a 17 year-old should be getting lingerie for graduation. Little bit too early! My mother-in-law says I owe her an apology for jumping on her. Do I? What are your thoughts on this gift? My daughter needs to be thinking about college not seducing a guy. My mother-in-law says I'm clueless if that's what I think. She says I don't know my daughter as well as I think I do