Fonseca Trending 05/17/21
- Business Insider says Costco is no longer going to require vaccinated customers to wear masks in stores except in states that still have mask mandates.
- NBC says fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear coronavirus masks while in Walmart. Social distancing is still encouraged
- The Daily Mail says North American pet owners are dressing their cats and dogs in spiked body armor when taking them for walks. The body armor is to protect them from hungry bald eagles.
- Raw Story says a Pablo Picasso painting recently sold for $103.4 million at a New York auction. The painting is entitled "Woman Sitting Near a Window (Marie-Therese)". Picasso's painting was completed in 1932 and was only supposed to sell for $55 million
- Screen Rant says ABC has renewed "The Conners" for a fourth season
- The NY Post says Matthew McConaughey is seriously considering a run for Governor of Texas. He has been talking to wealthy Republicans and business leaders to gauge their support for his run.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1) Spiral … $8.7M (CINEMA SCOOP ... The movie cost $20 million to produce)
2) Wrath of Man … $3.7M
3) Those Who Wish Me Dead $2.8M
4) Demon Slayer … $1.77M
5) Raya and the Last Dragon .. $1.718M
Olivia Rodrigo tells Contact Music that she sometimes overshares aspects of her life with strangers. "I’ve always been such an oversharer. I’ll tell my Uber driver all of my deepest traumas and insecurities, and so I just think songwriting for me is an extension of that aspect of my personality. I’ve never really been so terrified of people learning about the intimate parts of myself; I think that’s what makes songwriting so special."
Maroon 5's Adam Levine tells GQ magazine that he treats avoiding the paparazzi like a spy movie. "Every part of my being is allergic to walking out of a place and seeing them. But it’s fun if you look at it like a spy movie. ’We’re trapped in here! How do we get out?’"
Dua Lipa tells Entertainment Weekly Magazine that she despises the paparazzi."The feeling of going down the street and they're trying to catch you in this very awkward picture — it can be anxiety-inducing, honestly. And Britney's (Spears) time was pre-Instagram when everything was purely about the tabloids, and there were no laws in place about what paparazzi were allowed to do. She was being harassed — that's exactly what it was."
Ariana Grande tells Allure.com that people should love themselves no matter what. "You should feel grateful and happy that you're healthy, you're alive, and that you are loved. Whatever weight you are, whatever situation you're in, whether you have a breakout, whatever it is — you are loved."
Bruno Mars tells The San Diego Union-Tribune that he has several favorite bands. “I love the Sex Pistols. I’m a big Beach Boys fan and a huge Zeppelin and Queen fan.”
The Daily Mail says Tiger King star Joe Exotic has prostate cancer. He posted: ''My PSA count came back very high for prostate cancer. The prison has approved testing to verify what stage it is in. My body is tired, I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, the mouth sores are out of control, I throw up more than I eat.''
The Guardian newspaper says Tom Cruise and Russia are in a race to be the first to shoot a movie in space. Both productions will start in October now that Russia has cast 36 year-old Yulia Peresild as the lead in their movie.
The NY Post says Tom Cruise has sold his Telluride, Colorado estate for $39.5 million. It sits on 320 acres and has mountain views, a pool hall, seven bedrooms, a one-mile driveway, a Chef's Kitchen, several fireplaces, a gym and outdoor entertaining areas.
The Daily Mail says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are talking everyday. A source tells the newspaper, ''Jennifer is in touch with Ben every day. They are making plans to see each other. Jennifer is still very excited about how things are going with Ben. She is spending time with her kids in Miami. She has been working, too.''
ET claims Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are planning to work together even though they are no longer dating. A source tells Entertainment Tonight, “Jennifer and Alex have remained in contact after breaking up and have even seen each other since the split. The two plan to remain friends and are also in business together. Alex understands that Jennifer is single, but felt shocked by [her and Affleck’s] quick meetup. At the end of the day, Alex wants Jennifer to be happy, but the way everything has unfolded doesn’t sit well with him.”
Radar Online claims Alex Rodriguez and his team are trying to find a young woman for him to date. A source tells the website, "He's angry and embarrassed about how fast J Lo has moved on in her relationship with Ben Affleck, and he believes two can play the game. Expect a potential leak to the press from his camp in the next week. There has been a few angry emails and text’s, but Jen and Alex haven’t spoken in a week or so. Despite telling him that nothing happened with Ben while Jen was still engaged to him, something is fishy.''
TMZ says Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli have asked the judge in their college admissions scandal case to allow them to vacation in Cabo. Their probation officers are okay with them going. The judge must sign off on the family vacation
Ace Showbiz says Katie Holmes' ex-boyfriend, Emilio Vitolo Jr, has allegedly joined several dating apps. A source tells the website, "He's not wasting any time looking for someone new to date. It's not just Raya. He's on a bunch of other dating apps too, He didn't exactly hide the fact that he's broken up from Katie. Having the support of his friends has helped him with the breakup."
OK! magazine claims Halle Berry thinks her boyfriend, Van Hunt, may be Mr Right.A source tells the magazine, “Halle didn’t think it was possible but she feels that she’s finally found Mr. Right. They have so much in common and feel it’s time to take things to the next level. They’re looking forward to blending their families. They’re keeping their wedding plans very hush-hush for now but are hoping to announce their engagement soon. Halle and Van are crazy in love!”
Porch Pirate Steals Dog Poop: WMTW says Jason Harvey, of Des Moines, Iowa, recently got revenge on a porch pirate. He was tired of pirates stealing his Amazon packages so he placed dog waste in a box and left it on his front porch. His home security camera caught a porch pirate stealing the dog poop.
TOP 10 DINNER TIME RULES - ACCORDING TO CHILDREN … According to a new survey by Smeg.
1. Can leave the table when you’re finished and not have to wait for everyone else to finish
2. Eat dinner in front of the TV
3. Choose how much food goes on your plate
4. Have whatever you want to drink
5. Can eat in your pajamas
6. Everyone chose what they want to eat
7. Music is allowed to be played
8. Don’t have to finish your meal before you can have dessert
9. Phones allowed at the table
10. Eat with your fingers