- Fox Business News says the average price for a gallon of gas hit a new high yesterday at $4.47 per gallon.
- WJBF says Skittles, Starburst and Life Savers are recalling their gummy candies because they may contain thin metal strands. The candy companies are recommending the gummies be thrown away
- Brobible says NBC is no longer going to use Drew Brees to call NFL games. The website says he and the network have mutually agreed to part ways. Drew Tweeted: ''Despite speculation from media about my future this fall, I’m currently undecided. I may work for NBC, I may play football again, I may focus on business and philanthropy, I may train for the pickleball tour, senior golf tour, coach my kids or all of the above. I’ll let you know''
- The NY Post says Jennifer Lopez's ex husband, Marc Anthony, has gotten engaged to supermodel Nadia Ferrara. He is 53 while she is 23.
- Pop Culture magazine says Burger King restaurants in Japan are replacing fries with Ramen noodles. People can now get a Whopper, drink and the noodles for a limited time
TV News Trending
- Entertainment Tonight says Gwen Stefani is returning to 'The Voice' as a coach.Blake Shelton and John Legend are also coming back as coaches. Entertainment Tonight says Camilla is replacing Kelly Clarkson
- Brobible says Norm Macdonald taped an hour-long stand-up comedy special prior to his death. Netflix is going to start streaming the special on Monday, May 30th
- Deadline Hollywood says ABC has renewed "The Connors" for a fifth season.
- Deadline Hollywood says ABC has renewed ''The Bachelor'' for a 27th season and ''American Idol'' for a sixth season.
- TVLine says CBS is turning Arnold Schwarzenegger's 1994 movie, ''True Lies'', into a TV series. Arnold will not be starring on the show
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” $61 million
2. “The Bad Guys,” $6.9 million.
3. "Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” $4.6 million.
4. “Firestarter,” $3.8 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $12 million to produce)
5. “Everything Everywhere All At Once,” $3.3 million.
6. "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” $2.4 million.
7. “The Lost City,” $1.7 million.
8. “The Northman,” $1.7 million.
9. “Family Camp,” $1.4 million.
10. “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent,” $1 million.
Baby Formula Shortage Update ...
NBC says the FDA is going to allow formula to be imported from European countries.
Some Texans along the border are being told to drive into Juarez, Mexico where there is plenty of formula
NBC says some families are going to the store eight times before finding formula
Data Assembly says the nationwide out-of-stock rate for baby formula is 43%.
MarketWatch says some parents are spending four hours driving around looking for baby formula. The nationwide baby formula shortage is expected to get worse
The Daily Mirror says Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker have finally married.The two tied the knot yesterday in Santa Barbara, California in front of family and friends. She wore a short, white wedding dress. Travis wore designer sunglasses and drove to the wedding in a vintage car
OK! magazine says Britney Spears experienced a pregnancy setback over the weekend. She posted, "It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that we have lost our miracle baby early in the pregnancy. This is a devastating time for any parent. Perhaps we should have waited to announce until we were further along however we were overly excited to share the good news. We will continue trying to expand our beautiful family. We are grateful for all of your support. We kindly ask for privacy during this difficult moment."
The Daily Mail newspaper says Jason Momoa has apologized for taking pictures inside the Vatican City's Sistine Chapel. He tells Just Jared, ''I just wanted to say, if you ever felt that I disrespected your culture, it wasn't my intention. I came here when I was 19 or 20 to experience the Sistine Chapel. I've always wanted to and now that I can, I gave a wonderful donation to bring my friends and crew because we only had a couple days off to experience these places. 'And then I found people wanted to take pictures with me, which is very odd, during a trip to the Vatican with all this wonder and they want to take pictures with me, which I don't get, but regardless, I did.''
The Internet reacts ...
All I remember about that place was 'no photos please'
'We can't take pics but ofc celebrities can. Nothing against Jason ( I adore him) but it's not fair.'
'So they let the rich and famous film in there but us peasants can't.'
People magazine says Jason Momoa is dating actress Eiza Gonzalez. A source tells the magazine, "They are dating. He cares about her. He's in a great place, working on 'Fast X'. He's quite busy, and he's in a good place. They're both busy with work but are having fun together. It's nothing serious yet.''
The Irish Mirror newspaper says Simon Cowell's brother, Nick, won't be attending his wedding because they don't get along. A source tells the newspaper, “There has been a thawing of relations and they are now talking to each other occasionally. There's been perestroika, after years of no-contact, but it's early days still. I would definitely not expect him at the wedding. They are only just talking; and we don't expect that Nick or his family will put in an appearance.”
Katy Perry tells the Dear Chelsea podcast that she and Orlando Bloom are in couples therapy. “Orlando and I do couples therapy. We love it because it just keeps us in tune. The resentment can get really strong when you’re both working really hard. God bless successful people in the spotlight. When you want to come back to being normal in a domesticated world where you have a child and stuff like that, you have to really learn how to be kinda different out there, in the big and the small. So we’ve had a lot of success with that.”
The Hollywood Reporter says Woody Harrelson has opened a cannabis dispensary in Hollywood, California. The dispensary contains a lounge and a garden and is called The Woods. The dispensary is decorated like a high-end boutique.
Pirates of the Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer was recently doing an interview with The Times newspaper when they asked if Johnny Depp is going to return to play Jack Sparrow. He said, "Not at this point, but the future is yet to be decided. We're talking to Margot Robbie. We are developing two Pirates scripts -- one with her, one without.''
A new survey by Mattel reveals that 33% of kids think dinosaurs still roam the Earth and want one as a pet. Other findings:
- 52% of kids believe dinosaurs will one day return
- 39% of kids think dinosaurs would love pizza
Chocolate Cuts Risk Of Dying Young A new study by the US National Cancer Institute in Maryland reveals that eating chocolate slashes the risk of dying young by 12%.Eating chocolate on a regular basis cuts the risk of heart disease and cancer by 16%. People, who eat the equivalent of two chocolate bars a week are four times less likely to suffer from diabetes than those, who eat none.
Professor Jiaqi Huang says, Flavonoids boost the health of blood vessels. The study may partially allay concerns regarding adverse health outcomes from low-to-moderate chocolate consumption”.
A new survey by Dating Tips Life reveals that 76% of men regret breaking up with their girlfriend. Other findings:
- 73% of men would reconcile with an ex-girlfriend if given the chance
- 68% of men say no contact with an ex partner helped them realize how important they were to them