- Tonight's Mega Millions lottery jackpot is worth $430 million with a lump sum cash payout of $291 million
- WTVD says 65% of North Carolina gas stations are out of gas because of the Russian hacking of the Colonial Gas Pipeline.
- Reuters says Amazon is hiring 75,000 workers and offering a $100 bonus for vaccination proof.
- The NY Post says just 6% of Californians support Caitlyn Jenner's bid for Governor.
- The Verge says the "Friends" reunion special is going to air on HBO Max on May 27th. Showbiz411 says the reunion features Lady Gaga, BTS and Justin Bieber
- NBC says Alex Rodriguez and his business partners have purchased the Minnesota Timberwolves and the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx for $1.5 billion. He will own half of each team
- BroBible says tickets for the Buccaneers-Patriots game are selling for as much as $12,000 because it is Tom Brady's return to New England
- NBC says Spencer Silver, the inventor of Post-it Notes, has died at the age of 80. He passed away at his home in Minnesota.
- The Centers for Disease Control says fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks inside most places although masks must still be worn in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes and hospitals. Dr. Fauci says vaccinated people don't have to wear masks while outside
- Fox News says Target is still going to require that customers wear masks even though the CDC says vaccinated people don't have to. Target plans to review the CDC's findings
- NBC says the Topeka, Kansas Zoo says guests must continue to wear masks in order to keep their animals from getting covid-19
- CBS says this weekend is one of the biggest of the year for proms. Some high schools are requiring prom-goers to quarantine for 10 days following the dance.
- People magazine says Bill Maher has tested positive for the coronavirus and is pausing his HBO show ''Real Time''.
Pink tells People magazine that she dislikes it when female artists are pitted against one another. "It was so unfair to all the girls. None of us wanted that, I love Britney - she used to carry around my album. I was like, 'Dude, I’m a street punk, I just skateboard. That doesn’t have to be the anti-Britney. I don’t want to fight anybody.' I think we navigated through it as good as a 20-year-old girl can. Now I think it’s totally different. Girls supporting girls is rad - I love to watch it."
Olivia Rodrigo tells Billboard magazine that she is about to graduate high school. “I have like a month left of senior year, and I’ve sort of been neglecting that. Because I’ve been off making my album, I sort of forgot I was a high school student.”
Olivia Rodrigo tells Billboard magazine that Taylor Swift recently sent her a handwritten note. "I don’t want to divulge too much because it’s really sweet and personal. But she talks a lot about how, I think, you make your own luck in the world. And when you do kind things to others, good things come your way…I don’t know, she put it so eloquently, and when I say it now… it’s not as cool.”
Nick Jonas tells Entertainment Tonight that he and Blake Shelton may start a dance troupe after "The Voice" ends. “He and I have never talked about collaborating on country music, he wants to start a dance troupe. But he doesn’t know that I’m not a dancer by any means so that’s probably out of the question.”
Tate McRae tells Dork magazine that her prized possession is a necklace given to her by her mother. “Probably my Tiffany necklace. My mom used to wear it all the time and then when I started performing, she gave it to me as a good luck charm. It means a lot to me, and I wear it all the time, or at least have it on me in stressful situations.”
The Weeknd tells Billboard magazine that he appeared on 'American Dad' to show people a lighter side of himself. "I’ve been doing this for a decade now and everyone thinks I have this dark, shadowy aura. I wanted to show people that I don’t take myself too seriously."
Prince Harry tells Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast that being in the Royal family is a cross between ''The Truman Show'' and being in a zoo. “Yep, it’s a mix between ‘The Truman Show’ and being in a zoo. I was in my early 20s and I was thinking, I don’t want this job, I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be doing this. Look what it did to my mum, how am I ever going to settle down and have a wife and family when I know it’s going to happen again. I’ve seen behind the curtain, I’ve seen the business model and know how this operation works. I don’t want to be part of this.”
Prince Harry tells Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast that he and Meghan Markle had an unusual first date. ''The first time Meghan and I met up for her to come and stay with me, we met up in a supermarket in London, pretending we didn't know each other, texting each other from the other side of the aisles'. There's people looking at me, giving me all these weird looks, and coming up to me and saying '"hi". I texted her saying "is this the right one?," and she said "no you want parchment paper," and I'm like "where's the parchment paper?!". It was nice. I had baseball cap on, looking down at the floor. I don't know how many times you've done that when you're trying trying to stay incognito, and you're like woah - sign post. It's amazing how much chewing gum you see and how many people's shoes you see, it's a mess'.
Survey: 'We started a search of your audience to find the person who had the shortest first date. How long did it last? Why did it end so quickly?''
Hollywoodlife.com claims Alex Rodriguez is having trouble letting go of Jennifer Lopez. A source tells the website, “Alex is doing his best to focus on work and just keep things together, but he still thinks about Jen all the time. He didn’t imagine she would be spending time with Ben, let alone so soon after their breakup. He never saw that coming. Alex really did feel there was a way they could work things out again at some point. And a part of him still does. He’s been trying to get ahold of Jen but she’s not really reciprocating and he’s not ready to fully let go of their relationship.”
People magazine says Jennifer Lopez is open to dating Ben Affleck again. A source tells the magazine, ''She wants to spend as much time with Ben as possible to see where this could go. They are certainly not making any plans about the future.''
In Touch Weekly Magazine claims Jennifer Garner thinks Ben Affleck and JLo are a great match. A source tells the magazine, "Jen is really happy for them. She's moved on with John Miller and Ben has moved on too! She's glad that he met a woman, who is successful in her own right and isn't using Ben for fame."
A source tells Entertainment Tonight, “Jen isn’t bothered by Ben hanging out with J.Lo or anyone else. She wants what is best for Ben. She’s trying to live her life and raise her kids and the last thing she wants to be doing is be dealing with Ben’s love life. Her focus is always on the kids’ happiness and Ben being a good father.''
OK! magazine claims Katie Holmes is the one, who allegedly ended the relationship between her and Emilio Vitolo Jr. A source tells the magazine, “Katie started to wonder if Emilio, who has dreams of making it big in Hollywood, had ulterior motives for dating her. Holmes started to feel that something didn’t seem right so she pulled away from the relationship, causing a rift between them. He really wants to make things work, so he’s giving her all the space she needs. The breakup was amicable, even though he was upset. He’s hoping that in time she will realize he was the real deal and give their relationship another shot.”
The Wrap says NBC has hired MSNBC political analyst Steve Kornacki. He is going to be featured during Sunday Night Football broadcasts. Kornacki correctly predicted Medina Spirit would win the Kentucky Derby even though Medina was a 12 to 1 longshot
The NY Post says Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba has broken up with her boyfriend Fabian Viteri. She posted; “I am single. Again. Grateful for what was. Confused. Uncertain of the future. Sad. Hopeful. I will grow. And I will evolve. And. I will survive this too. And I will honor the gift that it was”
People magazine says Jimmy Fallon is going to produce a new late-night show titled ''The Kids Tonight Show''. The show's description reads, ''The show is a sophisticated, elegantly produced late-night show in the vein of The Tonight Show - but it's hosted by kids, and kids are in charge of everything. Viewers will get next-generation interpretations of all the beloved Fallon bits, celebrity interviews, musical performances, and a brand-new late-night show kids and families will love."
TMZ says Robert De Niro recently injured his leg on the set of Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio's new movie ''Killers of the Flower Moon.'' Robert is flying from Oklahoma to New York to have a doctor look at his leg. The film is about a series of murders in Oklahoma in the 1920s
Top Films People Are Looking Forward To Seeing In Movie Theatres ... According to a new survey by Compare the Market
1. James Bond - No Time to Die
2. Top Gun: Maverick
3. Mission: Impossible 7
4. Spider-Man: No Way Home
5. Black Widow
6. The Matrix 4
7. Fast & Furious 9
8. The Suicide Squad
9. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
10. A Quiet Place: Part 2
TOP 10 OVER-HYPED TV SHOWS OF THE PANDEMIC … According to a new survey by the streaming service Tubi
Tiger King 26%
I Care A Lot 15%
Schitt’s Creek 14%
The Crown 13%
The Mandalorian 12%
The Last Dance 11%
Love Is Blind 11%
The Haunting of Bly Manor 10%
Pandemic Holiday Survey
A new survey by the market research firm Numerator reveals that 59% of people expect a return to normalcy before or on July 4th. Other findings:
- 24% of people have already celebrated at least one 2021 holiday normally.
- 16% of people are planning to stick to small-scale celebrations for the foreseeable future
- 29% of people say their Memorial Day plans are unaffected by the pandemic
- 15% of people are less likely to grill or barbecue on Memorial Day because of the pandemic