- KTHV says a Blood Moon is going to occur on Sunday night. The total lunar eclipse will turn the Full Moon to a red color. It will happen when the Sun, the Earth and the Moon align perfectly around 11:29 p.m. Eastern.
- WMTW says Kentucky Derby winner Rich Strike is not going to run in the Preakness on May 21st because the horse needs more rest. It will run at the Belmont Stakes in five weeks
- TMZ says Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay has purchased a signed baseball by Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky for $50,000. $15,000 is going to relief efforts in the Ukraine
- WMTW says Mondelez, the owners of Dentyne and Trident, are selling both gum brands. Chewing gum sales dropped during the pandemic because people were wearing masks and didn't think they needed fresh breath. The declining revenue has hurt Mondelez so they are selling.
- Deadline Hollywood says NBC has renewed The Rock's sitcom, "Young Rock", for a third season. The network canceled Kenan Thompson's sitcom, ''Kenan'', after two seasons. Showbiz Junkies says CBS has cancelled the Magnum P.I. reboot
- Gizmodo says Christopher Walken is going to star in the next Dune movie as Emperor Shaddam. The film is scheduled to be released on October 20th, 2023
McDonald's Now Serving McFroggie Sandwich: Business Insider South Africa says a man from Secunda, South Africa recently found a frog in his McDonald's McChicken sandwich. Willem Bezuidenhout posted pictures of the mayonnaise-covered frog along with the caption; "Thank you Secunda Mcdonalds for the not so wonderful surprise on my daughter's meal tonight! I always thought things like this happen in the movies, but now it is happening with us this evening. Yes, all of you are seeing right this is a McFroggie."
The frog looked to be alive and most likely was saved or hopped away
The Daily Beast says a Houston, Texas woman was scammed out of $813,000 by a person pretending to be Leonardo DiCaprio. "Leo" claimed he was trapped by the Church of Scientology and needed help escaping. The woman lost nearly all of her life savings after sending the funds over the course of four years. She says, "We developed a terrific friendship within a couple months, and he always insisted that I call him 'Leo.'"
DiCaprio is NOT a Scientologist. The FBI is investigating the incident. It is unlikely that the woman will ever get her money back.
Cinemablend says the paparazzi has been following Jason Momoa everywhere he goes in Italy. He is there filming a new movie. Jason got tired of being followed while riding his motorcycle so he got the Hell's Angels to scare off the paps. He posted, ''I just want to show you my new tour guides. The other ones weren’t working out. We were just like ‘Man, the paparazzi are just so skilled here.’ So we’re at the Garden of Oranges, it’s beautiful here. Not one paparazzi in sight.''
NBC says Kelly Osbourne is pregnant. She posted; "I know that I have been very quiet these past few months so I thought I would share with you all as to why…I am over the moon to announce that I am going to be a Mumma. To say that I am happy does not quite cut it. I am ecstatic!” DJ Sid Wilson is the father
Life & Style Weekly claims Jennifer Lopez's house hunting is allegedly beginning to wear on Ben Affleck. A source tells the magazine, ''Affleck is finding J. Lo’s perfectionism a little too extreme. Despite looking at numerous $50 million mansions, Lopez hasn’t fallen in love with any of them. Affleck rolls his eyes and says ‘not another one’. He’s so bored and has better things to do with his time.”
TMZ says Fast and the Furious star Ludacris celebrated graduating from Georgia State University by buying himself a new private jet. He plans to use the jet for vacations and business. The jet cost $20 million and has leather seats.
Alfonso Ribiero tells ABC that he is done doing The Carlton Dance. “What makes you think that you just gonna ask a random person to dance for you, and they’re gonna be like ‘Oh my God, I’ve been waiting for you to ask! Hold on a second, let me get into character.’ It’s not — I don’t get it. It’s not gonna happen.”
Celebrity Real Estate says Richard Gere has sold his Pound Ridge, New York estate for $28 million. He bought the property in 1986 for $1.5 million. It has a Colonial style main house, stables, a pool, mountain views, a pond and several fireplaces
WPTV says Vanilla Ice recently surprised a group of Wellington, Florida lunch ladies after seeing their signature dance on Tik-Tok. The women call themselves the Lunch Lady Squad and went viral after a video of them dancing to '' Ice Ice Baby'' was posted online. Vanilla Ice showed up at Wellington Landings Middle School where he danced and took selfies with the Lunch Lady Squad.
On Wednesday, pop star Adele announced that she and her boyfriend, Rich Paul, had moved in together. TMZ revealed yesterday that the couple bought Sylvester Stallone's former L.A. home for $58 million. They are keeping the Rocky statue that sits above the swimming pool.
Tyler Perry tells Entertainment Tonight that the script for ''Sister Act 3'' is phenominal. "It's more Whoopi than anything. I wanted it to be the experience that I had watching both of them. I want everybody who watches it to feel that way coming out of the theater, to feel that sense of good in life. And as far as Whoopi goes too, because I just want to make sure that she was honoring Deloris and honoring the ladies and the nuns, and what they had done before, so, I'm pretty excited about the script. It's going to be really, really phenomenal."
Highest Paid Athletes ... According to a new survey by Forbes
Lionel Messi (soccer) – $130 million
LeBron James (basketball) – $121.2 million
Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer) – $115 million
Neymar (soccer) – $95 million
Stephen Curry (basketball) – $92.8 million
Kevin Durant (basketball) – $92.1 million
Roger Federer (tennis) – $90.7 million
Canelo Alvarez (boxer) – $90 million
Tom Brady (football) – $83.9 million
Giannis Antetokounmpo (basketball) – $80.9 million
Android vs iPhone Survey A new study by the insurance firm Jerry reveals that Android phone users are safer drivers than iPhone owners. The insurance company studied the driving records of 20,000 people. They found that iPhone users are younger, make more money than Android users, and most likely would never date an Android owner. Android users are more open, honest and humble than iPhone owners
A new survey by White Castle reveals that the average person eats 60 burgers a year. Other findings:
- 58% of people eat burgers when dining out.
- 35% of people like veggie burgers
A new survey by the route planning app Circuit reveals that 25% of delivery drivers have hooked up with someone while working. Other findings:
- 80% of food delivery drivers have eaten part of an order
- 17% of delivery drivers have stolen a package
- 17% of drivers have opened someone's package
A new survey by Mother's Cookies reveals that 71% of mothers are looking forward to the last day of school. Other findings:
- 58% of moms feel pressure to keep their kids busy during their Summer vacation
- 62% of mothers have run out of ideas to keep their kids entertained during the Summer
- 35% of mothers play silly games with their kids during the Summer
Some yearbooks at my daughter's high-school have leaked. Parents are now criticizing me because I got her a professional makeover before her senior pictures. The pics are in the yearbook. They say the makeover sent the wrong message and says she is not good enough without the makeover and Glam Squad. I think they are jealous that I took the time to pamper my kid. What do you think of what they said to me? Are they right? Did I go overboard? I don't feel guilty!