Fonseca Trending 05/12/22
- Tom's Guide says Best Buy plans to fight inflation by opening outlet stores around the country. The first stores will open in Chicago, Phoenix and Houston and will feature open box and clearance items
- The Daily Mail says Moderna's new CFO, Jorge Gomez, was recently fired after one day on the job because of a previous financial scandal at his last job. He is expected to collect his yearly salary of $700,000 even though he only worked for one day.
- The Chicago Tribune says yesterday's White Sox-Guardians game was canceled because several Cleveland players tested positive for the Coronavirus
- Mattel is selling its first-ever Barbie doll with hearing aids. They say the hearing aids are pink. ''From creating the brand's first-ever Barbie with hearing aids, to a Ken doll with the skin condition vitiligo, 2022's Fashionista line up — which will be launched in Walmart, Target and Amazon — will help kids "see themselves reflected.''
- Deadline Hollywood says Jennifer Lopez is producing a new Cinderella series. The limited series will be based on Rodgers and Hammerstein's version of Cinderella. No word on when it will air
- Pop Culture magazine says NBC is going to air a new George Lopez sitcom called ''Lopez vs Lopez''. The show will follow him and his daughter as they try and live together.
- Mashed magazine says Cheerios is selling two new flavors called Honey Vanilla Cheerios and Banana Caramel Cheerios
- Food Business News says Rice Krispie Treats now come in a new homestyle flavor called Cinnamon Sugar. A box of 12 costs $5.24. The treats feature extra marshmallows
- Kellogg's is selling a new Toy Story-inspired cereal called Lightyear. The vanilla flavored cereal has marshmallows shaped like Christmas trees and the Moon.
- The NY Post says the largest white diamond ever to be sent to an auction was sold yesterday for $21.9 million. The buyer of the 228-carat gem wishes to remain anonymous. The diamond is the size of an egg
Baby Formula Shortage Update: The Mother Jones website says women are telling men to be quiet for suggesting they use regular milk for their babies during the current baby formula shortage. Cow's milk contains too much protein and too many minerals for an infant's kidneys. The milk doesn't contain the necessary amount of nutrients for a young child to thrive. Giving cow's milk to a baby can also cause intestinal bleeding.
Umpire Shortage Is Back: WOWT says an umpire shortage is occurring for the second year in a row. Little League Baseball and men's and women's softball and baseball leagues are experiencing the shortage. The TV station says some umpires aren't returning to games because of rowdy parents and fans, who display unsportsmanlike conduct. Some umpires make $75 an hour.
"Top Gun: Maverick" director Joseph Kosinski tells Insider magazine that Kelly McGillis and Meg Ryan are not in his movie. "Those weren't stories that we were throwing around. I didn't want every storyline to always be looking backwards. It was important to introduce some new characters."
In 2019, Kelly McGillis said, "I'm old, and I'm fat, and I look age-appropriate for what my age is.''
The NY Post says some Johnny Depp fans have spent $30,000 on attending his trial with Amber Heard. Many fans have camped out in their cars for a front-row seat in the Fairfax, Virginia courtroom. Sharon Smith lives in London. She placed her belongings in a storage unit and then flew to Virginia to support Johnny. Her trip has cost her over $10,000.
The NY Post says Betty White's estate is auctioning off her Golden Girls memorabilia on September 23rd. Over 1,500 items including awards, scripts, costumes, jewelry and other memorabilia will be placed up for sale. Some of Betty's personal items, like her wedding ring, her director's chair and her tchotchkes, will also be sold
WGTC says Chris Pratt was recently doing an interview to promote ''Jurassic World Dominion'' when he was asked a question about 'death by dinosaurs'. He responded, “I’d choose those little tiny dinosaurs, and I’d make it like a 45-minute scene. They’d start at my toes, and you would just see me act! Almost an entire hour, anguishing pain… It’d be pretty good.”
Rebel Wilson tells the U Up Podcast that she is dating again. "It was a friend set-up. He'd known both of us for, at least, five years each and was like, ‘Yeah, I think you two would hit it off.' And then we did! For a woman my age—at that point I was 39—I really wanted a relationship, but I had only had a few small relationships. So I was like, ‘I've gotta just get more practice in dating.' I think I went out with about 50 people in that one year. But some of them were just one date and then you're like, ‘Oh, no.'"
The National Enquirer claims Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani are allegedly arguing over how to decorate their Oklahoma home. A source tells the magazine, “They’re arguing over every little thing, like bathroom tiles and kitchen cabinet handles, and it’s not been a good start for their marriage. Gwen just doesn’t like Blake’s style. Secretly, she moans he really has bad taste, and his Hawaiian-style monstrosity is just one example. They really have nothing in common… so it’s not a huge shock they’re constantly arguing.”
Billboard Magazine says American Idol judge Katy Perry is going to star in a new animated musical called ''Melody''. The film's synopsis reads, “Melody is a kind-hearted, insecure singer who must overcome the evil plans of Rose Stellar, a jealous wicked pop queen who has vowed to destroy her. Set against the backdrop of New York City, Melody will take audiences on an adventure of song, laughter and heroic quest. In her arsenal, Melody has seven musical notes that set her apart and have magical qualities and help guide her moral compass.”
2022 Billboard Music Awards performers …
The Machine + Florence
Megan Stallion, thee
Red Hot Chili Peppers
** NBC is going to air the awards show on Sunday
School Sends Thong Underwear Instead Of Flowers For Mother's Day: CBS says a Catholic school in Philadelphia is apologizing for sending mothers red thong underwear instead of red roses for Mother's Day. The principal for Saint Anselm’s sent an Email to parents saying: ''The roses sold at our Mother’s Day plant sale were not the single faux flowers originally intended. Instead, the item was a Valentine’s Day gift intended for adults. The administration will determine how the error occurred and take steps to prevent a further recurrence.''
Dessert Survey A new survey by Tiger Sugar reveals that 69% of people prefer drinkable desserts rather than one's eaten with a fork. Other findings:
- 76% of people have a sweet tooth
- 44% of people love ice cream
- 34% of people love milkshakes
Biggest Dating Turn-Offs... According to a new survey by The Daily Mail
My girlfriends at work think my husband may be cheating on me because he has been sending me flowers and chocolates for the last six weeks. I haven't questioned him because I thought he was just trying to spark our marriage. My friends say he's sending the gifts because he has a guilty conscience. Are they right? How would you handle this if you were me?