Fonseca Trending 05/11/22
- Mashable says Netflix is going to launch a less expensive version of their service.The new service is expected to premiere before the end of the year and will feature ads to offset the service's low cost.
- ABC says Starbucks is selling a new chocolate flavored coffee called Chocolate Cream Cold Foam. It is sweetened with vanilla syrup and costs as much as $5.45 a cup
- Fox Business News says Tesla is recalling 130,000 vehicles because their touch screens are overheating. The dashboards are restarting, running slowly or blanking out while people are driving. The company has had no reports of crashes.
- Female First says Alec and Hilaria Baldwin are expecting a baby girl.
- WDIV says Bill Gates has the coronavirus and is experiencing mild symptoms.
- Collider magazine says Liam Neeson is going to star in a new movie called ''Thug''.He is going to play an aging gangster, who attempts to reconnect with his children to set things right.
No Charges Against Tyson: NBC says San Mateo County, California District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe will not be pressing charges against Mike Tyson for punching another passenger on a plane. Steve says, "Our decision is that we will not file any charges against Mr. Tyson based on the circumstances surrounding the confrontation. These include the conduct of the victim leading up to the incident, the interaction between Mr. Tyson and the victim, as well as the requests of both the victim and Mr. Tyson that no charges be filed in this case."
Food Prices To Soar: CBC News says food prices are about to soar again because of a fertilizer shortage. Russia is the world's biggest fertilizer exporter. Their war with Ukraine, and sanctions against them, means less fertilizer, less food and higher prices. Farmers are trying to think of new ways to fertilize their crops
The Daily Mail says Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have purchased a $17 million plot of land on Miami Beach. They plan to build an eco friendly mansion. Construction crews have arrived to build their new home. They tore down a 5,700 square-foot mansion. The couple's neighborhood is guarded by a private police force that works on foot and in the sky.
The NY Post says Jeopardy fans are upset that Mayim Bialik is temporarily replacing Ken Jennings as host of the show.
The Internet reacts…
“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT MAYIM BIALIK!!! I WANT AARON RODGERS!!!”
“ANYBODY BUT MAYIM BIALIK!!! I AM NOT GOING TO WATCH JEOPARDY! AS LONG AS SHE IS HOSTING!!!”
“No, no, and NO! When are they going to give you permanent keys Ken? You do a much more professional job — most worthy of filling Alex’s shoes!”
“It’s not that I won’t watch because my favorite isn’t hosting, I just don’t enjoy the show when he’s not hosting”
“Miss you, already, and tho Alex was right when he said, the show is the star, the Host is an integral part of the show and adds or diminishes the quality of it. You should be permanent host”
Female First says Kelly Ripa has the coronavirus. She tweeted; “Unfortunately i tested positive for covid-19 this weekend. But thankfully i am fully vaccinated and boosted, and today’s show was already pre taped last week. I am taking all necessary precautions and looking forward to returning to normal life as soon as the standard quarantine time is over. On a lighter note, i did receive the peace and quiet i requested for Mother’s Day. Thanks for understanding, Xo, Kelly.''
Jessica Biel says the key to her marriage to Justin Timberlake is that they still date. She tells Entertainment Tonight, ''Well, I'll have to give Justin the credit in this moment, for this one thing that he always says to me: 'We might be married, but we have to keep dating,' and it's so true. You just have to keep making time for each other and you have to keep making each other a priority. And do the things that you love together. It's not always easy, as we all know, but those touch point moments make all the hard times palatable."
Mama June tells Entertainment Tonight that Honey Boo Boo's boyfriend, Draylen, needs to keep a job. “He’s good. He needs to hold down a job a little bit more. I mean, he’s not bad. He doesn’t treat her bad or anything like that. They’re young … So, if they last? Fine. If they don’t, it can be her first love.''
WXXV says Ellen's series finale will air on Thursday, May 26th. Between now and then, she will interview Zac Efron, Kate McKinnon, Justin Timberlake, Keith Urban, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Luke Bryan, Kerry Washington, Brad Paisley, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Oprah Winfrey, Mila Kunis, and Bruno Mars. The Daily Mail says Jennifer Aniston is going to be Ellen's final guest
People magazine says the real reason Fred Savage was fired as a producer on ''The Wonder Years'' reboot is because he had anger issues. A source says, "He works his crews pretty hard by always doing more takes than necessary. Some directors just overshoot. Sometimes they feel like they didn't get the performance or want to try another angle or things like that. He overshoots and the days are longer, therefore giving more opportunities to snap at people."
A second source adds, ''Savage can have a temper and occasional outbursts."
Zac Efron tells E! News that he would like to star in a High School Musical reboot. ''Of course. Seriously, having the opportunity, in any form, to go back and work with that team would be so amazing. My heart's still there."
Christie Brinkley tells Hello magazine that she needs a shoulder replacement because of her 2019 injury on ''Dancing With the Stars''. “When I broke my arm I also did something to my shoulder which has not recovered. I have done a round of MRIs and they told me I need a complete shoulder replacement.”
Online Dating Survey A new survey by Norton reveals that 61% of online daters Google a person before going on a first date with them. Other findings:
- 6% of online daters have paid for a background check before going on a date with someone
- 44% of online daters have unmatched with someone after learning new information about them
- 16% of online daters have busted a potential match using fake pictures
10 Dog Breeds Most Likely To Beg For Food At The Table ... According to Fife
1 Labrador Retriever
3 Golden Retriever
4 Great Pyrenees
6 Bull Terrier
9 Norwegian Elkhound
A new survey by NerdWallet reveals that 50% of people will attend a wedding in 2022. Other findings:
- 39% of people have skipped a wedding because they could not afford to attend
- 50% of wedding guests spend $500 or more attending a wedding
A new survey by Job Sage reveals that 60% of people are hiding something from their employer. Other findings:
- 70% of people say they adopt a different personality when at work
- 64% of people have received backlash from co-workers after private details about their life were revealed
- most common things workers hide from employers .... political views (37%) and family information (36%)
My daughter is going to prom in two weeks. She bought a dress a size too small because she wants to look her best. She's asked me if she can diet and take diet pills in order to drop weight. I told her that she looks great and doesn't need any of that junk. She won't listen to me. Should I allow her to diet and take pills? If I don't she may do it behind my back and get herself into trouble. My ex husband thinks I should lay down the law and tell her to go as is. He's a man. He doesn't get it.