Fonseca Trending 05/09/22
- CNN says an American Airlines jet was recently forced to make an emergency landing after it lost part of its wing over Alabama. The Charleston flight was headed to Dallas. Passengers say the pilot was outstanding and made a smooth landing
- The Lundberg Survey says the average price for a gallon of gas has jumped by 15 cents over the past two weeks to $4.38 a gallon. San Francisco has the highest regular 87 octane gas prices in the country at $5.87 per gallon. Tulsa, Oklahoma has the lowest prices at $3.80 a gallon
- KERO says the price of avocados is soaring. Increased safety inspections, import suspensions and a drought in Mexico are the reasons cartons are now selling for $80 a piece. That's twice as much as this time last year
- The USA Today newspaper says competitive eater Joey Chestnut is going to compete in the upcoming World Donut Hole Eating Championship on May 27 in New Castle, Indiana. Chestnut holds the world-record for eating glazed donuts. He downed 55 in eight minutes. That's 14,795 calories.
- IGN News says season 5 of ''Cobra Kai'' is going to start streaming on Netflix on September 9th.
- The Sun says former American Idol judge Randy Jackson owes $540,000 in unpaid taxes
- The Daily Mail says Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez spent the weekend touring a $68 million Los Angeles mansion. The home has 12 bedrooms, 24 bathrooms and a massive pool
- Female First says Amy Schumer has tested positive for the coronavirus. She posted; ''I am the first woman to ever get COVID. I tested positive for COVID-19 about an hour ago, so yeah, please, I don’t know [what to say], but at least my hair looks good.”
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” $185 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $200 million to produce ... Internationally, the movie has earned $265 million since opening Wednesday)
2. “The Bad Guys,” $9.8 million.
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” $6.2 million.
4. “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” $3.9 million.
5. “Everything Everywhere All At Once,” $3.3 million.
6. “The Northman,”$2.8 million.
7. “The Lost City,” $2.5 million.
8. “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent,” $1.5 million.
9. “Memory,” $1.2 million.
10. “Father Stu,” $800,000.
Man Loses $1.5 Million On Kentucky Derby: Brobible says Houston furniture store owner Jim 'Mattress Mack' McIngvale placed a $1.5 million bet on Epicenter to win the Kentucky Derby. Epicenter was a 9-2 favorite, but lost the race to an 80-1 longshot named Rich Strike. Epicenter finished second. After losing, Mack said, “That’s sports betting. You win some, you lose some, and sometimes you get rained out. NEXT!”
The NY Post says Mack also lost an additional $1.1 million
Ice Cream Shortage: WILX says an ice cream shortage is occurring because of an Ingredient shortage and a shortage of supplies like cups. Chocolate covered strawberry and lemon ice cream are almost impossible to find. Ice cream now costs double what it used to due to the shortages.
Uproxx says Dave Chappelle recently took the stage at the famed Comedy Store in Los Angeles. Chris Rock joined him as they talked about their recent attacks. Dave joked, “At least you got smacked by someone of repute! I got smacked by a homeless guy with leaves in his hair.” Chris responded , “I got smacked by the softest ****** that ever rapped.” Dave talked to his attacker, Isaiah Lee. Isaiah told him he rushed the stage because he wanted to draw attention to his grandmother being forced from her apartment because of gentrification
Isaiah plead not guilty on Friday to five charges including assault and battery. He has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from Dave. Dave's attorney says, “We completely disagree with District Attorney George Gascòn’s decision to decline to change this as a felony offense. The City Attorney, who filed the case, is doing his job but DA Gascón should also do his job and charge this as a felony.”
The Las Vegas Review-Journal says Chris Rock performed at Caesar's Palace on Friday. He opened the show by referencing Will Smith's slap. “I’m good! I’m OK! I got my hearing back. It was not as bad as it looked.”
The Irish Mirror says Fred Savage has been fired as a producer from ''The Wonder Years'' reboot because of inappropriate conduct. Disney released a statement saying, "Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage, and as is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment as an executive producer and director of The Wonder Years."
Deadline Hollywood says Fred was prone to verbal outbursts and inappropriate behavior.
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears and Sam Asghari filmed a video of their dog driving their Smart car. Sam had the dog on his lap with its paws on the steering wheel as they turned into their driveway. The dog was honking the horn
Bevnet says Kevin Hart is launching his own brand of tequila called Coramina. He has spent the last two years perfecting the drink. It's aged in European Oak barrels and California Cabernet wine casks.
Christie Brinkley tells Hello magazine that she has met a mystery man. “I am not looking for romance - there is an expression when you don't look, it happens so I haven't been looking for a while and maybe it will happen. It's not very often my friends set me up, but recently a friend has sort of made an introduction so we'll see what happens … “
OK! magazine claims Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani are having typical marital issues. A source tells the magazine, “It bugs Blake when Gwen decides what they’re going to have for dinner without asking him because she’s mostly vegetarian and he likes his meat and potatoes. Gwen also gets on his case about leaving his stuff around the house. They even bicker over toothpaste because Blake never squeezes from the bottom! The first year is always the hardest. Still, it’s a little early to be pushing each other’s buttons all the time.''
The Daily Star says Simon Cowell's sister-in-law claims he is turning into a groomzilla. Emma Cowell says, 'Simon has very clear likes and dislikes. He is used to calling the shots on TV and behind the scenes so I’m sure he applies that to all areas of his life, including his wedding. But Lauren will have equally strong ideas as it’s her big day too. It’s also important for Eric and Simon’s stepson Adam. I’m sure he’s got lots of ideas, plans, and maybe a few surprises for Lauren, but I imagine it will be a low-key, really special day for them. None of us thought this day would come! Simon was a bachelor who never wanted to get married, engaged or be a dad, but look at him now."
Best Cities For Naked Gardening ... According to a new survey by Lawnstarter ... based on nudist population size, legality of public nudity and toplessness, gardener-friendliness, weather conditions and safety.
1 Austin, Texas
4 Baton Rouge
8 Raleigh, North Carolina
10 Durham, North Carolina
A new survey by Urbansitter reveals that babysitting rates have jumped by 11% in the last year. Other findings:
- The average babysitter makes $20.57 per hour for watching one child.
- 40% of nannies make between $30,000 and $50,000 a year.
- The average pet sitter earns $16 an hour
- The average dog walker earns $18 an hour
- The average housekeeper earns $27.83 an hour
WHAT WOULD PEOPLE DO FOR AN EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP? … According to a new survey by Dave's Killer Bread
Never use a spoon or knife to eat again – 33%
Give up their favorite streaming service for a year – 30%
Wear their most uncomfortable shoes for a week – 29%
Eat the same food for dinner every day – 28%
Never go to a concert or sporting event again – 28%
Sleep on the floor for a month – 24%
I brought my new boyfriend to my family's large Mother's Day gathering yesterday. It was definitely a mistake. They had no idea I am dating a coach from my high school. I'm 21 and he's 40. Some of my cousins went to school with him while others were taught by him. My mother pulled me aside and said it's morally wrong that I'm dating my former softball coach. I told her it's not because I've graduated and moved on. Is she right or am I? Is it wrong what I'm doing?