Fonseca Trending 04/25/22
- No one won Saturday's Powerball jackpot so tonight's drawing is worth $421 million with a lump sum cash payout of $252.1 million
- The Beaumont Enterprise says the average price for a gallon of gas has dropped by three cents to $4.24 a gallon
- KTVQ says people are flocking to buy electric cars because of skyrocketing gas prices. Tesla has a waiting list for its cars that is several months long. CBS says a battery shortage is about to occur so finding an electric car may be even harder than before.
- The Huron Daily Tribune says some cities are cancelling their Summer fireworks celebrations because of a shortage of fireworks shooters. Fireworks companies say they are experiencing a massive labor shortage.
- Female First says Kerry Washington is joining the cast of ''The Simpsons''. She is going to play Bart's fourth grade teacher, Rayshelle Peyton.
- Billboard magazine says Diddy is going to host the 2022 Billboard Music Awards on May 15th on NBC
- The NY Daily News says a dress worn by Judy Garland in ''The Wizard of Oz'' is going to be auctioned off in May. The blue and white dress is expected to sell for as much as $1.2 million.
- The Daily Mail says Lady Gaga is going to have a song on the ‘’Top Gun: Maverick’’ movie soundtrack called ‘’Hold My Hand’’
Food News Trending
- Totally the Bomb says Olive Garden is selling a breadstick bouquet for Mother's Day. The bouquet costs $4.29 and features five breadsticks in a cone that reads BEST MOM EVER
- Yahoo News says McDonald's restaurants in the Philippines have halted sales of large fries due to a potato shortage. Mickey D's tweeted “The supply of our World Famous Fries is limited because of the global freight crisis. That’s why you haven’t been seeing our fries in big red fry boxes (medium, large, and BFF) in the stores.”
- A new survey by First Insight reveals that 42% of people are cutting back on dining out in order to save money.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. "The Bad Guys," $24 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $80 million to produce. It earned $87.1 million worldwide)
2. “Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” $15.2 million.
3. “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” $14 million.
4. “The Northman,” $12 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $90 million to produce. It earned $23.5 million worldwide)
5. “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent," $7.2 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $30 million to produce. It earned $9.6 million worldwide)
6. “Everything Everywhere All at Once,” $5.4 million.
7. “The Lost City,” $4.4 million.
8. “Father Stu,” $3.4 million.
9. “Morbius,” $2.3 million.
10. “Ambulance,” $1.8 million.
Deputy Impersonates Spider-Man; Rescues Baby From Burning Building: CBS says an Orange County, Florida Deputy recently rescued a baby girl from a burning apartment building. The girl and her mother were trapped on the third floor as flames closed in. With no ladder in sight, Deputy William Puzynski hopped on a balcony then jumped to another and then climbed onto the third floor balcony. He grabbed the baby girl before heading back down. The mother was also saved. The fire damaged 24 apartments.
Gossip Ireland says Ben Affleck is denying reports he messaged reality TV star Emma Hernan on the celebrity dating app Raya. She stars on the Netflix series "Selling Sunset''. Emma claims Ben asked her to go for coffee several times before he and Jennifer Lopez reconciled. Ben's manager tells People magazine, “Raya has confirmed that he has not been an active member for several years.”
The Blast claims Jeopardy host Ken Jennings and former Jeopardy champ James Holzhauer are continuing to feud.
Ken recently tweeted; ''I’m too late for the East Coast but there’s a real @Jeopardy rarity on the show tonight! Plan your evening accordingly!''
James responded; ''Just watched and I can confirm someone actually laughed at one of Ken’s jokes''
TMZ says an arrest warrant has been issued for the Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev.Authorities in Spain say he had a fake driver's license on him when he got a luxury car stuck on a beach. Simon gave cops an ID with the name Michael Bilton after they pulled his $100,000 Maserati from the sand.
Mark Wahlberg tells Sorted magazine that he does not allow his children to use profanity. "From the first day the prison door closed on me I knew, going forward, I would have to be strong and regimented in every aspect of my life, otherwise I ran the risk of ending up back there. I believe I am a better person for the benefit of having rules and processes. My kids buy into it too - there's no swearing allowed, never any blaspheming."
Shaquille O'Neal tells The Pivot Podcast that he likes his daughters better than his sons. ''I like my girls a little bit better. Because as a man you have to protect, provide and love your woman. I trust them more because they're more sensitive, they're more caring and they're thinkers. "You know how boys are. My boys, you bring something in front of them and they're gone. I tell my boys when y'all get 18 you all got to go. Girls can stay as long as they want. I'm dead serious. The girls can stay as long as y'all want, take your time. Go to college, get your master's, get your doctorate, I'll pay for it, take your time."
The NY Post says the reason production on Bill Murray's new movie, 'Being Mortal", was halted is because he got handsy with several women. A source tells the newspaper, “He was very hands-on touchy, not in any personal areas, but put an arm around a woman, touched her hair, pulled her ponytail — but always in a comedic way. It is a fine line and everybody loves Bill, but while his conduct is not illegal, some women felt uncomfortable and he crossed a line.”
A second source says, “Loves women and loves to flirt, he enjoys poetry and romance, he’s always flirting, but it is always couched in comedy. It isn’t clear if he crossed a line.”
Chris Rock's mother, Rose, tells WIS-TV that Will Smith not only slapped her son, but her as well. "When Will slapped Chris, he slapped all of us, but he really slapped me. When you hurt my child, you hurt me. I have no idea what I would say other than, what in the world were you thinking? You did a slap, but so many things could have happened from that. Chris could have stepped back and fallen. You really could have gotten taken out in handcuffs. You didn't think. You reacted to your wife giving you the side-eye and you went up and made her day because she was mulled over laughing when it happened."
OK! magazine says Netflix has canceled the sequel to Will Smith's movie "Bright" because he slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars. National Geographic is also halting production on "Pole to Pole", a nature series that features Smith visiting the North and South Poles.
Nicolas Cage tells Comic Book magazine that someone stole his comic book collection. collection."I just want my comics back. They were stolen. At one time, I bought them for a pretty good price; now, they have become real treasures and are estimated at around $10 million. The comics are in someone's treasure chest right now, and I'm asking for them back because there's so much I could do with them. I'm even willing to donate them to charity."
Liam Neeson tells the Rich Eisen Show that his late wife, Natasha Richardson, once told him they couldn't get married if he was cast as James Bond. “I remember my dear, departed wife [Natasha Richardson, who died in 2009] said to me — we were shooting a film in North Carolina called Nell — and she looked at me straight in the face and she said, ‘Liam, if you’re offered this and if you do it, you know we can’t get married.' And that was it.''
Mother's Day Survey
A new survey by the National Retail Federation reveals that 84% of people plan to celebrate Mother's Day. Other findings:
- The average person will spend $245 on their Mother's Day gifts.
- Over $7 billion worth of jewelry will be purchased for Mother's Day.
- 48% of mothers want to celebrate Mother's Day at a restaurant
Snoring Survey A new survey by the Cairn Hotel Group reveals that 30% of men say their snoring partner keeps them awake at night. Other findings:
- 21% of women say their snoring partner keeps them awake at night.
- Men say their snoring partner is as noisy as a vacuum.
- Women say their snoring partner is as loud as a flushing toilet
Most Annoying Topics To Discuss With Co-Workers … According to a new survey by Quality Logo Products
Most Annoying Co-Worker Habits … According to a new survey by Quality Logo Products
1. Interrupting during virtual meetings and conversations with other workers
2. Taking credit for someone else’s work
3. Oversharing personal stories or hobbies
4. Not doing their work.
I am engaged to be married. This is my fiance's fourth engagement and will be her third marriage. She is 28. My family is begging me not to marry and if I do, believes I should get a prenup. They say my fiance is after my money. So far, she is refusing to sign one. She says signing a prenup is bad luck because it says we don't think the marriage is going to last. Should I side with my family or my fiance?