- MarketWatch says as of last night, the IRS had issued 70 million refund checks for the 2021 tax season. The average refund check is for $3,175. That's up 10% from last year.
- Newsweek magazine says a federal judge in Florida yesterday lifted the coronavirus mask mandate on flights. The magazine says some passengers cheered when it was announced that the mandate had been canceled. One pilot played Kool & the Gang's "Celebration"
- Fox News says American Airlines began offering beer, wine and spirits on flights again yesterday. The airline stopped serving alcoholic beverages in 2020 because of the coronavirus and violent passengers.
- Radar Online claims Britney Spears recently got a speeding ticket. She has a May 3rd court date. No word on how fast she was going
- Brobible says Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are going to compete against Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes in a golf game called The Match. It will take place in Las Vegas on June 1st.
- The Daily Mail says Jessica Simpson is developing a menswear line. She says, ''I know how a guy's butt should look in their jeans. We are going into boys and men's clothing, which I've always wanted to do.''
- Elon Musk was recently being interviewed by the curator of TED Talks when he revealed that he doesn't currently own a home. Elon said, "I don't even own a place right now. I'm literally staying at friends' places. If I travel to the Bay Area, which is where most of Tesla's engineering is, I basically rotate through friends' spare bedrooms." Musk is currently the world's richest man with an estimated net worth of $251 billion.
- The Press-Enterprise newspaper says Taco Bell is bringing back their Mexican Pizza on May 19th. A change.org petition calling for the pizza's return has nearly 200,000 digital signatures
- Thrillist says Pop-Tarts is bringing back its Frosted Grape flavor in May. The flavor was popular in the early 2000's
- The Patriot-News says Reese's is bringing back Peanut Butter Lovers Cups. The cups have double the peanut butter and chocolate at the bottom