- The Daily Mail says Joe Biden has canceled his first White House Easter Egg Roll because of the coronavirus
- NBC says women are dressing up for their coronavirus vaccine shots. Many are wearing sequin gowns to celebrate getting vaccinated and being able to go out again
- The Jerusalem Post says an Israeli pharmaceutical company is preparing to launch a clinical trial for the world's first oral covid-19 vaccine. Oramed Pharmaceuticals is using new technology to administer protein based therapies, which would otherwise be delivered by an injection.
- The NY Daily News says Pepsi's first permanent flavor in five years, Pepsi Mango, hits stores today.
- Totally The Bomb says IKEA is celebrating Easter with chocolate bunnies that need to be assembled. The bunnies cost five dollars and come in three parts. The bunny's description reads: Go ahead, play with your food! That’s what this certified sustainable chocolate bunny is for. It’s easily assembled, only three parts. And when you're finished playing, we bet you’ll enjoy eating it, too.''
- The NY Post says a nine-year-old Spring Breaker was bitten by a shark yesterday while swimming off the coast of Miami Beach. The child was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital where he may undergo skin graft surgery. He is from Minnesota
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. Raya and the Last Dragon - $5.1 Million
2. Tom & Jerry - $3.8 Million
3. The Courier - $2 Million
4. Chaos Walking - $1.9 Million
5. The Croods: A New Age - $620K
6. Boogie - $600K
7. The Marksman - $480K
8. Wonder Woman 1984 - $460K
9. The Little Things - $340K
10. The Father - $321K
Rowdy Spring Breakers Wrecking Miami Beach: Raw Story says the city of Miami Beach instituted an 8 p.m. curfew over the weekend and blocked eastbound traffic into the city after 10 p.m. to keep rowdy Spring Breakers out. The college students have been causing havoc with fights and police confrontations. A fight broke out at a restaurant on Ocean Drive that resulted in $20,000 worth of damage.
The Daily Mail says a SWAT team slowly moved down Ocean Drive and used a sound cannon to disperse people. Screaming Spring Breakers were seen running from the scene. One man, dressed as the Joker, jumped on top of a car and started dancing while throwing money into the air.
The Daily Mail says Miami Beach has extended their curfew through April 12th.
Survey: Fill In The Phrase: "Nobody believes me when I tell them I witnessed _____________ on Spring Break.''
Ace Showbiz says Meghan Trainor is going to star in a new NBC sitcom. No word on what the show is going to be about. Meghan recently gave birth to a baby boy named Riley
The NY Post says Beyonce sent flowers to Taylor Swift on Friday. She attached a note that read: “Taylor, Congratulations on your Grammy. It was great seeing you on Sunday night. Thank you for always being so supportive. Sending love to you and your family. B.”
Taylor posted: “Woke up to flowers from the queen of grace & greatness @beyonce and suddenly it’s the best Friday EVER”
Ringo Starr tells Contact Music that he is a Billie Eilish fan. “It was a great pleasure for me to do the Grammys and presenting the Best Record to Billie Eilish who I think is just incredible, and Finneas who came through for me on my EP. It was great to meet her and musically she’s great. She’s a beautiful human being.”
Olivia Rodrigo tells Radio.com that she fangirled when Lorde's sister reached out to her on social media. “Lorde isn’t on social media, but Lorde’s sister reached out to me and was like ‘my sister and I love the song,’ and I was like ‘oh my god that’s crazy!’ It’s just so surreal to have my idols become my peers so quickly.”
The Weeknd tells Rolling Stone magazine that he enjoyed taking a break from being a celebrity while living in New York. “I took time to live, and to live in New York. I got to be a normal person — go to coffee shops, write, meet new people at the bar or in the streets, make new friendships. I felt more normal in New York than I’ll ever do anywhere else.”
24kGoldn tells Billboard magazine that he's trying to bring bell bottoms back.“I’m trying to bring back the bell bottoms. Every day, going on some flair pants, throwing some bell bottoms on, and I’m seeing it start to pick up. I’m not gonna lie. I’ve seen other rappers, you know, wearing the same pants that I wear after them. And I’m not bad at it. You know, I’m just glad that I can inspire the world.”
TMZ says Sharon Osbourne has hired private security for her, her family and her dogs because she is receiving death threats for supporting Piers Morgan on ''The Talk''. People are trashing Sharon online for fighting with Sheryl Underwood. The security guards are stationed outside of Sharon's home.
IGN News says a third Ace Ventura movie is in the works. No word on if Jim Carrey is going to star in the film. We Got This Covered says Amazon Prime may buy the rights to the movie.
The Daily Mail says Kevin Hart gifted his daughter with an $85,000 Mercedes-Benz for her 16th birthday. The black SUV was covered in red bows. Heaven Hart had a superhero-themed birthday party.
The NY Post says Queen Elizabeth has hired a diversity czar because of Meghan Markle's allegations of racism against the Royal Family. A palace source says, “This is an issue which has been taken very seriously across the Households. We have the policies, procedures and programs in place but we haven’t seen the progress we would like and accept more needs to be done. We can always improve. We are not afraid to look at new ways of approaching it. The work to do this has been under way for some time now and comes with the full support of the family.”
AM New York says Dolly Parton is getting her own 22-page comic book titled “Female Force: Dolly Parton”. It will be released on March 31st. The comic book will tell Dolly's life story
Tiger King star Carole Baskin tells Netflix that she is a victim of the mob mentality that is taking over the world. "In the past year, I’ve seen this mob mentality take over in every aspect, everywhere we’re seeing this really huge uprising of mob mentality. I don’t know what’s causing that other than the fact that we’re all sharing in the same pandemic and we’re all afraid. I believe it’s causing people to do and say certain things, and to join into certain groups or cliques. I feel that actually had a big part of why I got so much hate from people that don’t know anything about me. If people had been paying attention, they would have noticed that the sheriff’s office said I’ve never even been a person of interest in the disappearance of my husband. Yet not the takeaway that people came away with after watching the show. In 'Tiger King', all of those bad guys and people who were abusing animals kept saying 'Everything that happens is Carol Baskin’s fault'."
TMZ says a new line of Joe Exotic footwear went on sale on Saturday. The sneakers and boots are gold and black and feature leopard print designs. They range in price from $219 to $252. Joe already has a fashion line.
TMZ says a thief recently broke into Johnny Depp's Hollywood Hills home. The man was found taking a shower and refused to come out so cops kicked down the door and arrested him. The unidentified man drank some of Johnny's booze. He was charged with felony vandalism
Eddie Murphy is working on ''Beverly Hills Cop 4.'' Cinema Blend quotes him as saying, ''They’ve been trying to make another Beverly Hills Cop for 15 years now. Right now, Netflix has it, and they’re trying to develop a script. That’s what we’re supposed to be doing next. But I’m not doing nothing until the script is right.''
The Most Dangerous Drivers in Hollywood … According to a new study by Scrap Car Comparison.
10. Jason Statham ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 18
10. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 18
9. Tom Cruise ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 19
8. Nicholas Cage ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 22
7. Daniel Craig ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 24
6. Tom Hardy ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 29
5. Keanu Reeves ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 30
4. Matt Damon ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 35
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 52
2. Bruce Willis ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 60
1. Vin Diesel ... Total number of vehicles wrecked on-screen: 61
TOP 10 EVERYDAY THINGS PEOPLE WON’T TAKE FOR GRANTED IN THE FUTURE … According to a new survey by Specsavers
1. Being able to go on vacation whenever I want
2. Seeing people without masks
3. A sunny beer garden
4. Going shopping for clothes
5. Having a beer with a friend
6. Smiling at someone
7. Shaking someone’s hand
8. The sights and sounds of a busy street
9. Going to the movies
10. Not worrying about booking a dental or optician appointment