- WBRE says Ukrainian flags are selling out as people buy them to support Ukraine in their battle against Russia
- Business Insider says Russians are selling Big Macs online for as much as $36.The skyrocketing price is due to McDonald's closing branches in Russia because Vladimir Putin invaded the Ukraine.
- A new study by Yahoo Finance reveals that people can save over $300 in gas annually by purchasing a Costco membership and then buying gas there.
- Fortune Magazine says the average price for a gallon of gas in the United States is $4.43 a gallon. That's up 22% from two weeks ago
- Fortune Magazine says Barack Obama has tested positive for the coronavirus.He tweeted; ''I just tested positive for COVID. I’ve had a scratchy throat for a couple days, but am feeling fine otherwise. Michelle and I are grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, and she has tested negative. It’s a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, even as cases go down.''
- Pete Davidson has gotten Kim Kardashian's name tattooed on his chest.
- The Chicago Tribune says Jussie Smollett's lawyers have requested he be placed in protective custody for his own protection. The actor was jailed last week for 150 days for staging a fake hate crime in Chicago
- Billboard magazine says John Travolta is going to present at the Academy Awards on March 27th. He last presented in 2015 when he referred to Idina Menzel as 'Adele Dazeem'.
- NBC says a 73-car accident occurred on Saturday on Interstate 581 in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Some people were transferred to local hospitals to be treated. Forty three vehicles were damaged. The crash was caused by bad Winter weather
- The Free Press Journal claims schools in Japan have banned young women from wearing ponytails because they believe the backs of their necks excite young men.
- Newsweek magazine says actor William Hurt has died at the age of 71. He starred in ''Kiss of the Spider Woman'', ''Body Heat'', ''The Big Chill'' and ''Broadcast News'' and was a three-time Academy Award nominee for Best Actor.
- Brobible says Tom Brady's last touchdown ball was recently auctioned off for $518,628.
- MassLive says Samuel Adams Beer is honoring Tom Brady with a new double IPA called the “Greatest of Ale Time” (GOAT) . The beer's can features a goat wearing a Brady Jersey. The beer has an alcohol by volume of 7%. Cases are selling for $20
- Brobible says Yale's basketball team won the Ivy League tournament yesterday.Afterwards, the team wore t-shirts that read 'Yale Bulldgods' instead of 'Bulldogs'
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. "The Batman," $66 million.
2. “Uncharted,” $9.3 million.
3. “BTS Permission to Dance on Stage: Seoul,” $6.8 million.
4. “Dog,” $5.3 million.
5. “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” $4.1 million.
6. “Death on the Nile,” $2.5 million.
7. “Radhe Shyam,” $1.8 million.
8. “Sing 2,” $1.6 million.
9. “Jackass Forever,” $1.1 million.
10. “Scream," $445,000.
Brady is Back: ESPN says Tom Brady ended his 40-day retirement yesterday with the following post: "These past two months I've realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands, That time will come. But it's not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I'm coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business LFG''
Boston reporter Dan Hausle Tweeted: “Tom Brady Sr. tells me his son felt pressured by outside forces to make earlier decision to walk away. Was looking forward to golf with his son but “excited” he’ll play again.''
Woman Celebrates 102nd Birthday With Tequila: The Sun says Lily Bullen, of Bromsgrove, England, recently celebrated her 102nd birthday by downing a shot of tequila. She loves Jagerbombs, sausage rolls, cheese cake and Domino's Pizza. When asked what her secret is to a long life, she said, “Live one day at a time because tomorrow is never promised.”
The Daily Mail says Pete Davidson and Kanye West got into a Twitter war yesterday after Pete stood up for Kim Kardashian.
Pete: 'Yo it's Skete, Can you please take a second and calm down. It's 8am and it don't gotta be like this, Kim is literally the best mother I've ever met. What she does for those kids is amazing and you are so lucky that she's your kids mom. I've decided I'm not gonna let you treat us this way anymore and I'm done being quiet. Grow up.'
Kanye: 'Where are you right now?'
Pete: 'In bed with your wife.'
Kanye: 'Happy to see you're out the hospital and rehab.'
Pete: 'Same here. It's wonders what those places do when you go get help. You should try it. I'm in La for the day if you wanna stop being a little internet boy and talk. You don't scare me bro. Your actions are soembarrassing. It's so sad to watch you ruin your legacy on the daily.'
Kanye: 'You're more than welcome to come to Sunday Service.'
Pete: 'This isn't public dude. I'm not here for pictures and press. Which is obviously all you care about,' Pete continued. 'My offer stands. I wish you'd man up for once in your life. You have no idea how nice I've been to you despite your actions towards me. I've stopped SNL from talking about or making fun of you which they've wanted to do for months. 'I've stopped stand up comedians from doings bits about you cause I don't want the father of my girls kids to look bad out there. I have your back even though you treat me like s*** because I want everything to be smooth. But if you continue to press me like you have for the past 6 months, I'm gonna stop being nice.'
Radar Online says Pete Davidson was recently spotted shopping for jewelry at a New York City jewelry store. A source tells the website, “Things are white hot between Pete and Kim; Pete is head over feet in love and has told friends he wants to lock down Kim. Some people think he could propose to Kim soon.”
The Daily Express says Justin Bieber's wife, Hailey, was recently rushed to the hospital with a blood clot on her brain. She suffered stroke-like symptoms. Haley was released from the hospital over the weekend. She posted; “On Thursday morning, I was sitting at breakfast with my husband and I started having stroke like symptoms and was taken to the hospital. They found I had suffered a very small blood clot in my brain, which caused a small lack of oxygen, but my body had passed on its own and I recovered completely within a few hours. Although this was definitely one of the scariest moments I’ve ever been through, I’m home now and doing well, and I’m so grateful and thankful to all the amazing doctors and nurses who took care of me!''
Hulk Hogan tells TMZ that he will never wrestle again. "No, no, no, no, no. In the last 10 years, I've had 23 surgeries, 10 back surgeries, both hips, both knees — forget it. If I was healthy, shoot -- yeah, man, all day long," he added. "The first one I'm trying to pick off would be Roman [Reigns], then I'd like to get to Brock [Lesnar], but good God, I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I get done with that."
New Idea magazine claims Kate Winslet's close relationship with Jude Law is allegedly causing problems in her marriage to Edward Smith aka Ned Rocknroll.A source says Kate and Jude are going to star in a new movie about a WWII photojournalist and model. “They’re thrilled to be teaming up again. Ned was always a bit funny about Kate’s leading men. Until recently, he was extremely fixed on her close friendship with Leo [DiCaprio]. Now, Jude is on his radar. Kate has never hid the fact that she thought he was one of Britain’s hottest actors. Ned going through a crisis of confidence over Kate and Jude couldn’t have come at a worse time given they’ve been bickering a lot lately. They’ve struggled during the pandemic lockdowns. Ned can be a bit insecure and always fears the worst, which then puts a lot of pressure on poor Kate.”
Life & Style Weekly Magazine has named Scarlett Johansson's husband, Colin Jost, as the most henpecked in Hollywood. A source tells the magazine, He’s apparently the head of nothing in Johansson’s house. She’ll usually pooh-pooh it and pick another. Scarlett likes to get her way. Even the name of their son, Cosmo, was solely Johansson’s decision.''
TMZ says Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Matthews got married over the weekend in Hawaii. The wedding was attended by family, friends and some of Patrick's Chiefs teammates. Patrick and Brittany are high school sweethearts and have a one-year-old daughter, named Sterling Skye. She served as the flower girl
The Daily Mail says Meghan Markle's father, Thomas, is willing to testify against her and Prince Harry. Meghan's half-sister, Samantha, is suing her for defamation. Thomas says he is happy to testify on Samantha's behalf. ‘I would be more than happy to. I’ve been trying for almost four years to get to see my daughter and her ginger husband in a courtroom face-to-face. I’d be thrilled to defend my oldest daughter.’
A new survey by TD Bank reveals that 74% of divorcees say their finances improved after they left their partner. Other findings:
- 86% of Millennials would leave their partner if they never offered to pay for anything
- 81% of Millennials would leave their partner if they were secretive about their finances
- 28% of people are keeping a financial Secret from their partner
Dream Home Survey A new survey by Cinch Home Services reveals that 28% of people have eaten cheap food in order to live in their dream city or dream house. Other findings: - 26.5% of people have gone into credit card debt to live in their dream city or dream house - 32.4% of people have worked a second job in order to live in their dream city or dream house - 22% of people have dipped into retirement in order to live in their dream city or dream house - 17% of people have stolen toilet paper from work in order to save money so they can live in their dream house - 20.8% of people have slept on an air mattress in order to save money so they can live in their dream house
Internet Troll Survey A new survey by Redact.dev reveals that 17% of people have trolled someone on the Internet. Other findings: - 10% of people think Internet trolls should be fined - 8% of people think Internet trolls deserve jail time - 25% of people know someone who has created a fake online profile for the purpose of trolling - 73% of people would report an Internet troll