Fonseca Trending 03/07/22
- Showbiz411 says Billy Joel has donated $250,000 to Bethenny Frankel's Ukrainian war effort.
- GasBuddy says gas prices have spiked by 41 cents in the last week because of Russia's invasion of the Ukraine. The average price for a gallon of gas hit $4 on Sunday. The average price for a gallon of gas in California is $5.29
- Some Tik-Tok members are protesting Russia's invasion of the Ukraine by going to grocery stores and turning Russian salad dressing bottles around. - BuzzFeed News says Russia has blocked Facebook and Twitter in their country because they claim they are discriminating against them and posting fake news about their invasion of the Ukraine
- Pop Culture magazine says Netflix is suspending its service in Russia because Vladimir Putin invaded the Ukraine
- Business Insider says Russians flocked to IKEA on Friday after the Swedish chain announced they are closing stores there because Vladmir Putin invaded the Ukraine. People are panic buying IKEA furniture and other household items
- Raw Story says the Russian police are now stopping citizens so they can read their text messages. Vladimir Putin wants to root out all, who oppose him.
- Business Insider says Disney + is launching a new, less expensive version. The version will debut later this year and will include ads. Disney will announce pricing and a launch date in the near future.
- Fox News says Sony is bringing back the Walkman. The entry-level Walkman costs $1,600 while the gold-plated one costs $3,200. The MP3 player has Wi-Fi, a customizable touchscreen and 256 GB worth of storage
- A new study by UrbanSitter says the cost of babysitting is going up. The average cost for a babysitter in 2021 was $20 an hour. The prices jumped to $24 an hour this year
- Newsweek magazine says brides are trading in high heels for Crocs. The new trend started on Tik-Tok and shows brides spraying glitter on their white clogs.Over 35,000 people recently liked a video of one woman wearing Wedding Crocs
- The Wrap says a sequel to Will Smith's 2007 zombie movie, ''I Am Legend'', is in development. Will and Michael B Jordan are in talks to star in the film.
- Brobible says Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers officiated a wedding in California this past weekend. His left tackle, David Bakhtiari, got married.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “The Batman,” $128.5 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film earned $248.5 million worldwide. ''The Batman'' cost $200 million to produce ... Taylor Swift tweeted; "@zoeisabellakravitz is the Catwoman of my dreams. The Batman was phenomenal!!!" )
2. “Uncharted,” $11 million. 3. “Dog,” $6 million. 4. “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” $4.4 million. 5. “Death on the Nile,” $2.7 million.
Real Bat Interrupts "The Batman": KXAN says a showing of "The Batman" was interrupted on Friday night when a live bat flew into an Austin, Texas movie theater. Theater employees were unsuccessful in removing the bat so they gave every moviegoer another ticket to see the film another time. Some people stayed and finished the film as the bat flew in front of the screen.
The movie theater believes someone released the bat as a prank. They say, “To ensure a prank like this does not again occur, we will be adding additional security and checking all bags upon guest entry”
Artists With The Most Intense Fans Online … According to a new survey by One Poll
Beyoncé - 46%
Kanye West - 35%
Ariana Grande - 34%
Britney Spears - 32%
Taylor Swift - 31%
Adele - 31%
Olivia Rodrigo - 26%
Drake - 24%
Harry Styles - 23%
Selena Gomez - 23%
Bill Murray tells Yahoo News that he and Eddie Murphy were approached about playing Batman and Robin in the 1980s. “I talked to Eddie Murphy about it, and Eddie wanted to play Batman. That’s as far as that conversation went. I don’t wanna be the Boy Wonder to anybody. Maybe much earlier when I was a boy. But it was too late for that by the ’80s. Also, I couldn’t do the outfit. Eddie looks good in purple, and I look good in purple. In red and green, I look like one of Santa’s elves. There was just a lot of vanity involved in the production. It wasn’t gonna happen.”
The Hollywood Gossip says Kanye West recently posted a poem about his divorce from Kim Kardashian.
He wrote ...
Divorce feels like the first play of the Super Bowl and your ankle roll.
Divorce feels like your kids were snatched from your control/Divorce feels like you’ve been shot and traffic is slow.
Divorce feels like heavy breathing/Divorce feels like grandma never got over that cold/Divorce feels like suffocating/Barely breathing.
Divorce feels like full blown Covid/Like your doctor don't know s**t/Like your walking on glass/Like you're running through a glass wall/Like you're being bullied in a class hall.
The NY Post says Pete Davidson thinks it's funny Kanye West kidnapped him and buried him in his new music video for the song ''Eazy''. A source tells the newspaper, “He finds the fact that Kanye included a cartoon version of him in his music video hysterical. He is almost flattered by it all because it is so ridiculous to him. He’s using this to grow in more ways than one, including for himself and his relationship with Kim. He is turning all of the negativity into a positive thing.”
A source tells Hollywoodlife.com, “Kim didn’t find this funny at all, but she was able to let it go when she saw that Pete was amused by it. He told her that you can’t take this stuff too seriously or Kanye is getting what he wants – a reaction. She isn’t harping on this anymore and she is just letting it go.”
Retired NASCAR star Danica Patrick has broken up with her boyfriend, Carter Comstock. She tells People magazine, “We were together for a while, and unfortunately it didn’t work, but it doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a really fun time and we didn’t do a lot of really amazing things. It doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong with either of us. It’s just a matter of finding someone who you can stand the test of time with.”
Female First says Josh Hartnett has married his girlfriend, Tamsin Egerton. The couple have three children together. A source tells the Sun newspaper: “They’re as smitten as ever and wanted to make it official in a low-key affair. It was a classy ceremony with only a handful of close family and friends. They're really happy living a low-key life away from showbiz parties and red-carpets so are happy to fly under the radar.”
The National Enquirer claims Mayim Bialik may look for a large payday to continue hosting Jeopardy. A source tells the magazine, “After all the drama surrounding Alex Trebek’s death and the search for a new host, the ratings were in freefall. Now thanks to Mayim, the numbers are the best they’ve been since April. She has basically saved the show — and she knows it. With 5.4 million viewers tuning in, Mayim basically has the hosting job full-time if she wants it. Now all the producers have to do is agree on how much they’ll pay her. After the disastrous decision to hire and then fire Mike Richards, Mayim realized how valuable she is to the show. Basically, she’s got producers.''
Robert Pattinson tells Variety magazine that he wants to star in a Planet of the Apes movie. ''I love those Apes movies so much. There’s only been two movies — well, three now — where I wanted to do a sequel: the Apes movies, Sicario, and Dune. I saw both of the Apes movies in the cinema and I just thought what he could do with mo-cap was just so unbelievable. If he could do that with a monkey’s face, then he can get a performance out of me as well.''
New Batman surveys .. According to One Poll
Who’s the best BATMAN?
Ben Affleck – 31%
Michael Keaton – 30%
Kevin Conroy – 28%
Christian Bale – 26%
Adam West – 25%
Who’s the best BRUCE WAYNE?
Kevin Conroy – 34%
Ben Affleck – 33%
Michael Keaton – 33%
Adam West – 30%
Christian Bale – 29%
Who’s the best CATWOMAN?
Michelle Pfeiffer – 29%
Anne Hathaway – 29%
Adrienne Barbeau – 29%
Halle Berry – 28%
Julie Newmar – 27%
Who are the best Batman VILLAINS?
Joker – 25%
Penguin – 19%
Riddler – 19%
Catwoman – 17%
Harley Quinn – 16%
Two-Face – 14%
Bane – 13%
Mr. Freeze – 13%
Man-Bat – 12%
Bad Joke Study
A new study by Yale and the University of Toronto reveals that women can get away with telling bad jokes more than men because they are seen as more attentive and caring. The universities asked 5,400 people to respond to bad jokes by two fictional characters named Brad and Brenda. Men were seen as less likable, less confident and less funny than women.
Love Life Survey
A new survey by eHarmony reveals that 20% of people are making love more now than they did a year ago. Other findings:
- couples that make love at least once a week are the happiest
- couple that make love every three months or no love at all are the least happy
- 40% of couples say they are happy with their love life
Best Breakup Songs … According to a new survey by One Poll
“Someone Like You” by Adele - 12%
“Heartless” by Kanye West - 11%
“Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus - 9%
“thank u, next” by Ariana Grande - 8%
“Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood - 8%
“Sorry” by Beyoncé - 7%
“Cry Me A River” by Justin Timberlake - 6%
“Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber - 6%
“You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morrissette - 6%
A new survey by Bonusly reveals that 59% of people have never had a boss, who truly appreciates their work. Other findings:
- 41% of people say favoritism among employees makes them feel underappreciated
- 46% of people have left a job because they feel underappreciated
- 65% of people would work harder if their manager showed more appreciation towards them
Our 10 and 11 year-old sons are begging my husband and I to see "The Batman". Even though the film is PG-13, I'm pretty sure we can sneak them in. Our kids love Batman although I'm not sure they should be looking up to him as a role model. My husband says there's nothing wrong with it. I read some of the reviews and background on the film and Robert Pattinson seems to be a violent vigilante. Is Robert Pattinson's Batman a good role model? Am I overanalyzing this? Should I allow my kids to see the movie?