Fonseca Trending 03/02/22
- Reddit says Ukrainian citizens are capturing looters and then using cellophane to tie them to trees. They are shaming the looters by posting videos of them online
- WDIV says General Motors is suspending vehicle exports to Russia because of their invasion of the Ukraine.
- ABC says Apple is suspending all product sales in Russia because the country invaded the Ukraine
- Deadline Hollywood says "The Batman" could earn as much as $225 million worldwide during its upcoming opening weekend. The film opens tomorrow night in the U.S.
- The Daily Mail says Robert Pattinson's new Batman movie has more than one hour of rainy scenes
- Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians tells Sports Illustrated that he recently talked to Tom Brady about returning to football. “He slammed it shut when I talked to him,”
- Fox Business News says Major League Baseball has cancelled their Opening Day because the league and players union failed to reach a new contract. The first two series of the year have been cancelled
- TMZ says the wife of Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim, Juli, was robbed at gunpoint yesterday in a parking lot in Syracuse. A young man approached her and started a conversation before taking out a gun. He stole Juli's purse. As of last night, cops were still looking for the young man and his accomplices
- LAD Bible says Heinz is launching a new scented candle that smells like sausage. Other candles smell like tomato sauce and garlic aioli. A three pack of candles costs $20 and will first be available overseas
- The NY Post says Ellen DeGeneres has purchased a $21 million Montecito, California mansion. The home has hand carved front doors, bathrooms inspired by Turkish spas, and a pool.
$1 Million Bounty On Putin: Reddit says a Russian entrepreneur, named Alex Konanykhin, has placed a $1 million bounty on Vladamir Putin's head for invading the Ukraine.
He posted: "I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrests Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws. Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up an apartment building in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents. As an ethnic Russian and a Russia citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin's Orda.''
FCC Gets Super Bowl Halftime Show Complaints: Yahoo News says the FCC received 33 complaints this year about the Super Bowl halftime show. That's down from 1,300 the year before when Jennifer Lopez and Shakira performed.
The complaints read ...
"So if 2020 wasn't bad enough now we get to see a bunch of half naked women sexually twerking."
"Scantily clad female dancers who belong in a strip club not on national TV."
"This is terrible entertainment for children"
"Sexual content of grown hip hop and rap [singers] grabbing their groin and genitals. So offensive to children, the elderly and families"
Newsweek magazine says Sean Penn has fled the Ukraine and is now in Poland.He tweeted "Myself & two colleagues walked miles to the Polish border after abandoning our car on the side of the road. Almost all the cars in this photo carry women & children only, most without any sign of luggage, and a car their only possession of value."
Sean was in the Ukraine filming a new documentary about Russia's invasio
ABC says Stevie Nicks posted the following letter to Vladimir Putin ...
“Are you lonely, Mr. Putin? Is that why you sit at your long, long marble table alone in the night and through the day/and talk to ghosts[?] Because you really have no friends — everyone is afraid of you; afraid to even offer up good advice, because great emperors don’t listen to anyone but ghosts. Your ghosts will haunt you night and day. They will shake their heads and say, ‘This time, Vladimir, you went to[o] far.' I hope you never sleep again. I hope you sit at that long, ugly, lonely table for the rest of your life. I hope your ghosts surround you until you are old and grey and miserable. I hope the history books in your country cease to ever write another word about you — I hope you turn to dust. I hope you become invisible. I hope you become ‘the forgotten one.' The ghosts are coming Mr. Putin. They’re coming for you. Perhaps, they’re already here.”
The Drinks Business website says 50 Cent recently attended a wine auction and dinner in Houston. He wore a black cowboy hat and purchased a $125,000 bottle of wine. After buying the 2017 Hye Meadow Winery Boooom Red, he tweeted, “You’re a nobody till you win a bid at the wine auction. Now I have a bottle of wine that costs more than a Rolls Royce.”
US Weekly Magazine says Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley are trying to work things out. A source tells the magazine, “Now that Aaron is in [the] offseason, he has more downtime and can focus more on a relationship. Shailene is understanding and open — she hasn’t shut the door completely or [she] would’ve never agreed to meet up with him. No one, including them, knows what the future holds — they can possibly get back together or they can decide they aren’t meant to be. That’s up to them to figure out.”
TMZ says Matthew McConaughey is denying reports he has had a hair transplant. He says he shaved his head in the 90s because he was thinning. He grew his hair back with help from a topical ointment. Matthew says the Los Angeles surgeon, who's taking credit for his hair restoration, is lying
Who deserves to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? … According to a new survey by One Poll
Dolly Parton - 33%
Lionel Richie - 31%
Carly Simon - 26%
Pat Benatar - 26%
Dionne Warwick - 25%
WRTV says former NASCAR star Tony Stewart is selling his Columbus, Indiana ranch for $30 million. The estate has a 20,000 square-foot log cabin home with six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, an 8,000 gallon aquarium, a bowling alley, a game room, a bar, a workshop and a golf simulator room
The National Enquirer claims Matthew Perry is allegedly having trouble dating. A source tells the magazine, “He can’t get a date because women are wary of him, and he is kind of creepy with the self-deprecating dark humor. He’s really trying to piece himself back together, lose weight and get healthier, and he hopes his memoir opens the door to more acting work, too. But the dismal dating situation is getting him down. He’s practically crying to Jen and Courteney to help. He’s known as a loose cannon — and with baggage like his, he’s not exactly desirable!”
The Sun says Nick Cannon is allegedly paying $1.2 million a year in child support to the four women he's had children with. Bre Tiesi is carrying Nick's eighth child. Nick most likely does not pay support to Mariah Carey.
Clothing Survey A new survey by Stitch Fix reveals that the average person has $268 worth of clothing they've never worn. Other findings:
- 80% of people regularly wear the same clothing
- only 6% of people have worn everything in their wardrobe at least once
- 20% of people keep clothes for sentimental reasons
- 32% of people have had an argument with their partner over clothes
Happiest Cities in America … According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 30 key indicators including depression rates and leisure time spent per day
1 Fremont, California
2 Columbia, Maryland
3 San Francisco
4 San Jose
5 Irvine, California
6 Madison, Wisconsin
8 Overland Park, Kansas
9 Huntington Beach, California
10 San Diego
LEAST Happiest Cities in America … According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 30 key indicators including depression rates and leisure time spent per day
2 Gulfport, Mississippi
4 Huntington, West Virginia
5 Montgomery, Alabama
7 Augusta, Georgia
8 Fort Smith, Arkansas
9 Mobile, Alabama
10 Shreveport, Louisiana
TOP 10 MOST STRESSFUL THINGS ABOUT BEING IN A CAR …. According to a new survey of 2,000 people by Rescue Remedy
1. Driving in the snow
2. Driving in an unknown area
3. Driving in the rain
5. Hitting a pothole
6. Driving in the fog
7. Driving in the dark
8. Feeling like a large vehicle e.g. lorry/bus is too close to your car
9. Getting a warning light
10. Finding a parking space
My girlfriend and I got into an argument because she stopped by my townhouse without calling first. She said she didn't need to call. I told her she does and it's rude when someone does that. She says a friend should have to call not a girlfriend. Then, she asked me if I've been doing things that I shouldn't be. I think she was inferring that I may be cheating. Who do you side with on this? Should a partner be allowed to stop by unexpectedly without calling?