- Time Magazine says the Russian Ruble is now worth less than one penny because of bank sanctions against Russia. Western nations cut off Russia's communications with 11,000 banks because they invaded the Ukraine
- The NY Post says Google has disabled some of their map tools in the Ukraine so Ukrainian troops can no longer be tracked.
- LAD Bible says the Ukrainian government is urging citizens to change road signs to confuse Russian troops.
- Engadget says Airbnb is offering free housing to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees.More than 300,000 people have fled the country. Airbnb is working with governments and local organizations to house the refugees
- Newsweek magazine says Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky once voiced Paddington Bear in the Ukrainian version of the Paddington film.
- Uproxx says a Beetlejuice sequel is in the works. Brad Pitt's production company, Plan B Entertainment, is developing the film
- TVLine says 6 million people watched the season premiere of ''American Idol'' on Sunday night.
- KARE says Target is trying to attract new employees by paying up to $24 per hour. The current starting wage at Target is $15 an hour
- KHQ says a Nova Scotia teenager recently set a new world record by solving 211 Rubik's Cubes while bouncing on a pogo stick. It took 16 year old Saul Hafting one hour and 12 minutes to solve all of the cubes.
"We're Not Gonna Take It" Is Ukraine's War Anthem: Rolling Stone magazine says Ukrainian citizens are using Twisted Sister's song, "We're Not Gonna Take It", as their war anthem. Twisted Sister lead singer Dee Snider posted, “I absolutely approve of Ukrainians using ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ as their battle cry. My grandfather was Ukrainian before it was swallowed up by the USSR after WW2. This can’t happen to these people again! #F RUSSIA”
Warner Brothers is delaying the release of ''The Batman" in Russia because Vladimir Putin invaded the Ukraine. Warner Brothers posted; “In light of the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, WarnerMedia is pausing the release of its feature film, The Batman in Russia. We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves. We hope for a swift and peaceful resolution to this tragedy.”
LAD Bible says Steven Seagal has not joined Russia's Army. Several broadcast networks and podcasters were fooled by a fake news report that read, “Intelligence agencies around the world have spotted American actor Steven Seagal among Russian special forces positioned around the outskirts of Gostomel airfield near Kyiv captured by Russian airborne troops.”
Steven tells Fox News, "Most of us have friends and family in Russia and Ukraine. I look at both as one family and really believe it is an outside entity spending huge sums of money on propaganda to provoke the two countries to be at odds with each other. My prayers are that both countries will come to a positive, peaceful resolution where we can live & thrive together in peace.''
Radar Online says Hulk Hogan has divorced his second wife, Jennifer McDaniel. The 68 year old is now dating a new woman named Sky. He posted, ''Yo Maniacs just for the record, the Facebook and Instagram posts are of me and my girlfriend Sky, I am officially divorced, sorry I thought everyone already knew, love my Maniacs4Life.''
TMZ says the Leviev family has filed a criminal complaint against the Tinder Swindler, Simon Leviev. Simon, whose real name is Shimon Yehuda Hayut, allegedly claimed to be a part of the wealthy diamond family. They claim he has damaged their name with his romance scams.
Samantha Hales tells The Sun that 'Tinder Swindler' Simon Leviev doesn't know what he's doing in bed. ''He couldn't pull any strokes in the bedroom. He was a total flop. I had to show him the ropes. Even though he had this beautiful charm about him, he was extremely cold when it came to sex. He had no idea what he was doing.''
The Wrap says Michael Douglas is going to play Benjamin Franklin in a new Apple TV + series based on the book “A Great Improvisation: Franklin, France, and the Birth of America”.
The series synopsis reads, “The drama will explore the thrilling story of one of the greatest gambles of Benjamin Franklin’s career. At age 70, without any diplomatic training, Franklin convinced France – an absolute monarchy – to underwrite America’s experiment in democracy”
The Hollywood Gossip says former Bachelor star Colton Underwood has gotten engaged to his partner, Jordan C. Brown. They have been dating for less than a year. He posted, "After my birthday, Jordan and I went to Big Sur for a weekend getaway to decompress and relax in nature. I couldn't have pictured a more beautiful place to celebrate an amazing milestone in my life and relationship. I'm extremely happy! 2021 was the most transformative year of my life. Starting 2022 off with my best friend, teammate and now fiancé is something I never thought was going to be possible."
Most Popular Desserts … According to a new survey by Coventry
1 ice cream
3 sheet cake
5 carrot cake
6 funnel cake
7 pecan pie
8 chocolate chip cookies
9 coconut cake
MOST ANNOYING OUTDOOR SOUNDS … According to a new survey by Loop Earplugs
Vehicles on a busy road (sirens, horns honking, etc.) - 34%
Loud music - 33%
Roadwork or other construction - 33%
Babies crying - 32%
Passersby snorting, sneezing or coughing - 30%
Kids playing loudly - 29%
Loud conversations - 28%
Train or metro - 28%
Wildlife - 23%
MOST ANNOYING INDOOR SOUNDS … According to a new survey by Loop Earplugs
Noise from neighbors - 30%
Noise from other people’s personal electronics - 30%
Arrhythmic house sounds (ex. leaky faucets, creaky pipes) - 29%
Kitchen appliances (ex. blenders, food processors, etc.) - 29%
Noise from other household members/Conversations - 29%
Kids playing loudly - 28%
Vacuum cleaners - 27%
Ambient white noise (ex. refrigerator running, fans whirring) - 26%
Noise from pets - 24%
I went thrifting with some friends on Saturday. We stopped at several stores. During our last stop, I found $600 in an old handbag. I took the money and left the store. Now, I'm starting to feel guilty and am thinking about going back to the store and turning in the cash. My friends say I shouldn't and reminded me of the phrase; ''Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers.'' I'm torn and not sure what to do because I don't know where the money will go. It's not my fault someone forgot to check their bag before donating it. What would you do if you were me?