- ABC says the FDA has approved Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine.The single shot vaccine is 66% effective against covid-19.
- The Daily Herald says wedding receptions are going to resume in New York next month. Wedding guests are only allowed to dance with members of their immediate family or people eating at their table. Guests must remain six feet apart at the reception
- Plant Based News says Ben & Jerry's has launched a new vegan ice cream flavor called The Tonight Dough. The caramel and chocolate ice cream is infused with chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough and features Jimmy Fallon on the front of the carton.
- Totally The Bomb says Starbucks has added a Lady Gaga Frappuccino to their secret menu. The strawberry cream Frappuccino is mixed with a green tea Frappuccino, whipped cream, strawberry puree and chocolate cookie crumbles.
- ABC says a Hoboken, New Jersey bagel shop, called O'Bagel, is selling a 30 pound bagel. It feeds 15 to 20 people and is topped with Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Ace Showbiz claims Kanye West spent $13.2 million on his failed 2020 presidential campaign.
- Brobible says golfers showed their support yesterday for the injured Tiger Woods by wearing his siganture red shirt, black pants and black hat during the WGC Workday Championship. LPGA golfers did the same thing. Tiger tweeted: "It is hard to explain how touching today was when I turned on the tv and saw all the red shirts. To every golfer and every fan, you are truly helping me get through this tough time."
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. Tom & Jerry - $13.7 Million
2. The Croods: A New Age - $1.2 Million
3. The Little Things - $925K
4. Wonder Woman 1984 - $710K
5. The Marksman - $700K
6. Judas and the Black Messiah - $500K
7. Monster Hunter - $460K
8. Land - $355K
9. News of the World - $200K
10. The War with Grandpa - $137K
Fruit Loops Breakfast Pizza Is Trending: WSOC says Fong's Pizza, in Des Moines, Iowa, is trending because they created a breakfast pizza called Loopy Fruits. The thin crust pizza is topped with cheese and Fruit Loops. Fong's general manager, Ron Livingston, tells CBS, “People want to try it. Some people hate it and some people are declaring war in the name of Italy on it. But it’s definitely a pizza that makes people talk.”
DiGiorno Tweeted: “Please do not disrespect the word pizza like this.
The Internet reacts...
''My GOD, Iowa. Minnesota has long been friendly with you, but keep this up and we will have no choice but to 1) close the border or 2) invade, and liberate your people from this insanity. GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER.''
''What next? Spaghetti with Corn Flakes?''
“Stick to corn”
“Oh, Iowa. It’s gonna be OK. Just back away slowly from the ‘breakfast pizza’”
Doctor Performs Plastic Surgery During Court Appearance On Zoom: The Sacramento Bee says a Sacramento, California doctor recently performed plastic surgery during his Zoom appearance in traffic court. Dr. Scott Green placed a video camera in the operating room in order to virtually appear for his trial.
Court Commissioner Gary Link said, “So unless I’m mistaken, I’m seeing a defendant that’s in the middle of an operating room appearing to be actively engaged in providing services to a patient. Is that correct, Mr. Green? Or should I say Dr. Green? I do not feel comfortable for the welfare of a patient if you’re in the process of operating that I would put on a trial notwithstanding the fact the officer is here today. I don’t think that’s appropriate. I’m going to come up with a different date — when you’re not actively involved or participating and attending to the needs of a patient.''
Contact Music says Justin Bieber is going to release his new album, "Justice" on March 19th.
Elle Magazine says Bruno Mars is launching a new clothing line called Lacoste x Ricky Regal. He is using his alter-ego, Ricky Regal, to promote the line. Bruno says, “When I’m on stage, my name is Bruno Mars. When I’m making lavish luxurious garments, I go by Ricky Regal.''
The Daily Mail says Taylor Swift has canceled the remaining dates of her Lover Fest Tour because of the coronavirus. She posted: ''I'm so sorry, but I cannot reschedule the shows that we've postponed. Although refunds have been available since we first postponed the Lover Fest shows, many of you hung onto your tickets and I too hung onto the idea that we could reschedule. This is an unprecedented pandemic that has changed everyone's plans and no one knows what the touring landscape is going to look like in the near future. I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to see you in person as soon as I wanted to. I miss you terribly and can't wait til we can all safely be at shows together again.''
Darius Rucker loves Post Malone's cover of Hootie and the Blowfish’s “Only Wanna Be With You.” He posted: ''The smile in my face will not leave for a long time. This is awesome. My bro @PostMalone bringing it. Hell yes man!!!!!!!!!''
Olivia Rodrigo tells JustJaredJr.com that her goal for 2021 is to graduate from high school. “Oh, this year. This is lame, but very true is I really just hope I graduate high school this year and can be done with high school. That’s my above all goal,”
Ariana Grande tells Vogue magazine that she wants her music to make people happy. "Music needs to make people feel hopeful and free and happy."
ABC says Lady Gaga's two French bulldogs were found safe on Friday. A woman brought them to a Los Angeles police station. The woman was not involved in the dognapping. Koji and Gustav were unharmed. Police are still looking for the man who shot Gaga's dog walker, Ryan Fisher.
TMZ says the dogs were found tied to a pole in an alley.
The NY Post says dog walkers are increasing their security because Lady Gaga's dog walker was shot last week. Some dog walkers are considering taking self-defense classes while others are arming themselves with pepper spray and body cams.
The Sun says Lady Gaga will pay her dog walker's $97,000 medical bill. A source tells the newspaper, “Gaga feels horrendous about what happened to Ryan and wants to make sure he is looked after. She absolutely adores him and is forever indebted to him for his bravery. She also wanted to compensate him for lost work, and has been wishing him a speedy recovery.”
The NY Daily News claims the fire that destroyed Shaquille O'Neal's Krispy Kreme donut shop in Atlanta was set by an arsonist. The suspect was caught on video. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to his capture.
Tom Holland tells GQ magazine that he wears thong underwear under his Spider-Man suit. "I wear a thong, like a jockstrap thing. I have a thong and a mesh underlay suit and then the Spider-Man suit, made from very coarse material, goes over the top."
Mlive.com says an 11-foot RoboCop statue has finally been completed. Brandon Walley, one of the statue's makers, says it took 11 years to make it because they had to create molds and get permission from MGM. The city of Detroit has yet to give the statue a permanent location and home.
Charlie Sheen tells Yahoo Entertainment that he regrets his 2011 outburst in which he coined the phrases ''winning'' and ''Tiger Blood''. “People have said to me, ‘Hey, man, that was so cool, that was so fun to watch. That was so cool to be a part of and support and all that energy and, you know, we stuck it to the man'. My thought behind that is, Oh, yeah, great. I’m so glad that I traded early retirement for a hashtag.”
Eddie Murphy tells Parade Magazine that his secret talent is playing the piano. “No one’s ever seen me play piano. I started playing piano up at 'Saturday Night Live'. There was a piano up there and Joe Piscopo showed me how to play ‘Let It Be,’ and for three years, that’s all I played. I could play the s*** out of ‘Let It Be’!”
The NY Post says Tom Brady wished Gisele Bundchen a happy 12th wedding anniversary on Friday with the following post: “Happy anniversary!! I couldn’t have imagined a better wife and partner than you @gisele when I said ‘I do’ 12 years ago. I have had so much fun, happiness and joy seeing our family grow! You are the sweetest, most loving and determined person I know. You always do what’s right, and you are the best example for our kids of what a supportive loving partner is! How blessed am I?? Te amo.”
The Daily Mail says a ruffled shirt worn by Prince in the 1984 movie "Purple Rain" is going to be auctioned off. It is expected to sell for $60,000. Prince's bright yellow guitar is also expected to be auctioned off for $60,000.
Celebrity Insider says Hollywood super producer JJ Abrams is working on a Superman reboot. Consequence of Sound says Warner Brothers and DC Films want to cast a black Superman. Michael B Jordan is reportedly the favorite to land the role.
A new survey by Vision Direct reveals that 66% of people are self-conscious when they exercise in front of others. Other findings:
- 20% of people worry about being judged by others when they workout in a health club
- 17% of people say their goal is to exercise without panting.