- CNN says it is so cold in Texas that some people with leaky roofs have icicles hanging from their ceiling fans
- Business Insider says some Texans are receiving $10,000 to $15,000 utility bills because they did not have fixed-rate electric plans, but rather variable rate plans.The wholesale price of electricity shot up by 10,000% when the recent Winter storms hit the state
KHOU says Matthew McConaughey is planning a virtual benefit to help Texans affected by the Winter storms that recently nailed the state. More details are coming.
- Some McDonald's restaurants, in an effort to prevent resellers from selling Pokemon Happy Meals at exorbitant prices, are now posting signs that say customers cannot purchase more than 10 Happy Meals at one time
- Totally The Bomb says Starbucks has added a Spring Fling Frappuccino to their secret menu. The vanilla bean Frappuccino is infused with passion tea, guava juice, strawberry syrup, matcha powder and whipped cream
- Feeling the Vibe says Zooey Deschanel and Michael Bolton are going to host a new ABC game show called "Celebrity Dating Game.'' TV stars, movie stars and reality TV stars will all be contestants
- What's On Netflix says season two of ''Tiger King'' will be debut sometime in March or April.
- We Got This Covered says AMC is paying Norman Reedus $20 million to star in season 11 of ''The Walking Dead.''
- Footwear News says Kanye West plans to debut his new Adidas Yeezy 450 sneakers next month. They will cost $200
- WDAF says Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his fiance, Brittany, are the proud parents of a new baby girl named Sterling Skye
- Entertainment Tonight says Wilmer Valderrama and his fiancee, Amanda, are the proud parents of a new baby girl. They posted: “Straight out of heaven we welcome our first daughter… #ItsJustUs3Now”
- CNN says a cargo plane caught fire while flyng over a Dutch town in the Netherlands. Pieces of the plane fell to the ground and injured two people. A similar incident happened in Denver over the weekend
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. The Croods: A New Age - $1.7 Million
2. The Little Things - $1.2 Million
3. Judas and the Black Messiah - $905K
4. Wonder Woman 1984 - $805K
5. The Marksman - $775K
6. Land - $500K
7. News of the World - $245K
8. The War with Grandpa - $224K
9. The Mauritanian - $135K
10. Promising Young Woman - $111K
People Who Wear Eyeglasses Less Likely To Catch Corona: The Sun says people, who wear glasses are three times less likely to catch the coronavirus because they don't rub their eyes as often. Lead researcher Amit Saxena says, “Transmission occurs by touching the face, nose, mouth and eyes. Touching one’s nose and mouth is significantly reduced when wearing a face mask properly. But wearing a face mask does not protect the eyes. Touching and rubbing of the eyes with contaminated hands may be a significant route of infection for the virus. The risk of Covid-19 was two to three times less in the spectacles-wearing population than the population not using spectacles. This might be due to less touching and rubbing of eyes while wearing spectacles. The protective role of spectacles was found statistically significant.“
Entertainment Weekly says Nick Jonas is going to host and be the musical guest on ''Saturday Night Live'' on February 27th
Olivia Rodrigo tells Billboard magazine that she she would love to watch Taylor Swift work "I would just love to just be in a studio with Taylor. I don't even have to write with her; I just want to watch how she does it because I just think she's such a genius.”
Justin Bieber tells Girl's Life magazine that he once had a major dating disaster.“I took a girl out for a first date to an Italian restaurant and spilled spaghetti all over her. It was terrible and embarrassing. She never went out with me again.”
The Weeknd tells NME.com that he's a workaholic. “I spend most of my days alone now. I don’t like to leave my house too much. It’s a gift and a curse but it helps me give undivided attention to my work. I enjoy being a workaholic, I think, or I’m just addicted to it. Even when I’m not working I’m always somehow still working. It distracts from the loneliness, I guess.”
Rihanna is selling a $1,495 book about her life. Only 500 of the giant-sized books have been produced. The books are hand-sewn and feature many never-before-seen photographs
People magazine claims Kanye West believes his Presidential run cost him his marriage to Kim Kardashian. A source tells the magazine, “He’s in that place of ‘if only'. ‘If only I had done this, if only I hadn’t done that.’ He’s processing things. He thinks that the presidential run was the straw that broke the camel’s back, Before that, there was hope. After that, none. It cost him his marriage.” Hollywoodlife.com says Roseanne Barr posted a picture of herself in a bathing suit along with the caption: ''Hey Kanye''. She also posted a smiling Emoji with two hearts as eyes.
The Daily Mail says John Travolta is selling his Isleboro, Maine home for $5 million. The estate sits on 48 acres of land. The main home was built in 1903 and has 20 bedrooms , a playground, a bar and a pool . Kirstie Alley lives nearby
The Star says living in Australia during the pandemic has been good for Matt Damon and his wife, Luciana. A source tells the magazine, “Matt’s arranged date nights and has brought gifts for her to open every day. Even when he’s working, he’s got the time set aside for just them. It’s the shot in the arm they both needed.”
Tara Reid tells Closer Weekly magazine that she wants to do another American Pie movie. “We’ve been talking about it for ages. We’d all love to do it, but we’ll see what happens. So many actors were scared to make it at the time. They thought it went too far. But it's ultimately a movie about awkward teens and it had so much heart in it. What I love about that movie is that there is no bullying or meanness. Lots of comedies these days are just mean.”
The Daily Mirror says Pamela Anderson's love life has improved because she is feeding her husband, Dan Hayhurst, vegan sausages. A source tells the newspaper "This diet has worked wonders. Dan feels like a new man. Pam makes vegan sausages and is famous for her smoothies and Buddha bowls. Vegans make better lovers. Cholesterol slows blood flow to all the organs. You can improve your health and increase stamina in the bedroom by going vegan. A healthy body is a sexy body. Going vegan can help men of all ages boost sexual performance.”
The Star says Jennifer Lopez was allegedly furious with Alex Rodriguez after rumors surfaced that he had been corresponding with reality TV star Madison LeCroy. A source tells the magazine, “When she heard about Madison, she lost it. She was screaming at Alex. It’s humiliating for Jennifer to hear these rumors about Alex and Madison.’'
Hollywoodlife.com says Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley may marry sooner rather than later. A source tells the website , “It may seem quick for them to be engaged but it is the right time for them and anyone that knows them both sees that the timing is right on target. Aaron actually wants to get married pretty fast and furious if he had his choice, he would like to do it this Summer. He wants to make sure next season is intact and he wants Shailene to have the final say in plans. so they are working together to get to a wedding and it will likely happen before anyone thinks, they aren’t going to wait that long to get it done.’'
In touch Weekly Magazine says Jennifer Aniston allegedly got a makeover because she has a mystery man in her life. A source tells the magazine, “She looked amazing. And there was this sparkle in her eye that I hadn’t seen in a long time. She refuses to reveal his identity yet publicly, but it won’t be long before they’re spotted out together. Apparently, he’s quite a catch, so like her new hairdo, I’m sure Jen can’t wait to show him off. They have tons in common, much more than she did with Justin Theroux or Brad Pitt. They both love to cook and watch independent and foreign movies. They’re both dog lovers. It doesn’t hurt, too, that he’s so handsome and makes her laugh and feel safe. She trusts him.''
TOP 10 SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE … According to a new survey of 2,000 people by One Poll
Comfort food 56%
Quality time with loved ones 45%
A good laugh 44%
A vacation 44%
Favorite movie/TV show 42%
A walk outdoors 42%
A good book 41%
Quiet time 40%
Time alone 39%
A massage 39%