- The Dallas News says Walmart closed 368 stores in Texas and other Southern states yesterday because of the polar vortex.
- The Wrap says 6.7 million people watched the season premiere of ''American Idol'' on Sunday night. The show got beat by Queen Latifah's The Equalizer, which was watched by 8 million people
- 10 News says a trio of gorillas from the San Diego Zoo Safari Park have recovered from the coronavirus. They caught the virus from an asymptomatic staff member. The gorillas were coughing, congested and lethargic
- TMZ says White House Senior Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci was recently awarded a $1 million dollar cash prize from the Dan David Foundation. The Israeli nonprofit organization promotes breakthroughs in science and technology. Fauci was given the prize for "defending science."
- Guilty Eats says Starbucks has added a Skittles Frappuccino to their secret menu. The strawberry cream Frappuccino has four pumps of vanilla, one pump of raspberry syrup, whipped cream and strawberry puree
- E! News says Paris Hilton gifted her boyfriend, Carter, with a life-size portrait of herself on Valentine's Day.
Business Insider says Netflix is developing their own Britney Spears documentary, which will rival Hulu's, "Framing Britney Spears." No word on a release date
The NY Post says Olivia Wilde was spotted moving clothing into Harry Styles' house on Valentine's Day. She took the clothes from Jason Sudeikis' house
Ava Max tells AmericanSongwriter.com that she loves to freestyle. “Freestyling is my thing. I’m a very spontaneous person, in general. I’m an air sign, so I’m all about whatever floats my boat in the moment. It really works to get on the beat and see what comes out of my head and my mouth, to really see what comes out naturally. I love that. I don’t like planning things.”
Billie Eilish tells Vanity Fair magazine that her parents didn't stifle her creativity.“My parents are awesome. They had this rule that as long as I was working on something creative, I could stay up as late as they wanted.”
The Weeknd tells Billboard magazine that he really wanted a younger brother. “I always wanted a sibling to bond with and play with. Having a younger brother man...that would have been awesome.”
24kGoldn tells Rolling Stone magazinethat he was into martial arts when he was younger. “I did like seven years of capoeira. It’s like a Brazilian martial art so not many people can do that.”
Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson tells MovieWeb that he is still thinking about running for president in the future. "I would consider a presidential run in the future if that's what the people wanted. Truly I mean that, and I'm not flippant in any way with my answer. That would be up to the people... So I would wait, and I would listen. I would have my finger on the pulse, my ear to the ground."
The Daily Mail says Kaley Cuoco slammed her former Big Bang Theory co-star, and real-life boyfriend, Johnny Galecki, with the following Valentine's Day post to her current husband, Karl Cook.
It read: 'Happy 5 years to the weirdest person I know! I don’t remember a moment before you entered my life.. what a boring life that must have been! I love you @mrtankcook''
Johnny responded; 'Um.'
Entertainment Tonight says Michael B Jordan rented out an entire aquarium for his Valentine's Day dinner with girlfriend Lori Harvey. The aquarium had candles and rose petals. When the couple returned home, Michael gave Lori dozens of roses, more candles and a bubble bath.
ABC says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning a tell-all interview with Oprah. The 90-minute primetime special is going to air on CBS on March 7th. The couple will talk about their life as parents and why they left the Royal Family.
The NY Post says Gorilla Glue Girl Tessica Brown has hired an agent that specializes in product placement, marketing, celebrity management and television. She is hoping to take her clothing line to the next level and become an Instagram influencer.
The NY Post says Larry King's widow, Shawn, is going to contest his will in court.She is upset that he left his estate to his five children instead of her. The newspaper quotes Shawn as saying, “We had a very watertight family estate plan. It still exists, and it is the legitimate will. Period. And I fully believe it will hold up, and my attorneys are going to be filing a response, probably by the end of the day.”
Pop Culture magazine says Britney Spears' fans are outraged with Frontier Airlines for doing a Free Britney promotion. They are holding a contest where people named Britney can fly for free. Britney's fans are angry that Frontier Airlines is using the Hulu documentary "Framing Britney Spears" to make money. The documentary shows how the media mistreated the pop star during the early 2000s.
The Daily Star, citing The Sun newspaper, says filming on Mission Impossible 7 and 8 has been postponed because the crew is allegedly refusing to work. A source tells the news outlets, "The whole production has hit yet another issue and there have been revolts among the cast and crew. For quite a few of them, the prospect of having to quarantine in a hotel back in the UK is a step too far and they’ve demanded to be flown home before the rules change. The studio has had to fund a jet back and the missing cast and crew will inevitably cause another delay. It was hoped that filming in the UAE would provide some flexibility but that changed when the UK shut its borders. Morale is really down and many of the younger staff who aren’t earning the big bucks just don’t feel it’s worth it any more."
LeBron James tells BroBible that he may become a high school football coach after he retires from the NBA. “Before I had aspirations of owning an NBA team I always talked about how cool it would be to be a high school football coach. Be it a head coach or an offensive coordinator. Some Andy Reid-type sh*t where I’m making crazy plays. I just love the sport. I watch it all the time. It’s just in me. It’s how I grew up.”
Romantic Relocation Survey
A new survey by LendingTree reveals that 41% of people have relocated for love. Other findings:
- 44% of female relocators are no longer with their partner.
- 31% of male relocators are no longer with their partner.
- top romantic relocation states: Florida followed by California, New York, Texas and North Carolina