- BuzzFeed News says the NY Times has purchased Wordle. The game is going to move to the paper's web site and will be free for the time being. Wordle requires players to guess a five-letter word. They only have six chances to get it right.
- Sportsbooks has the Los Angeles Rams as a 3.5 point favorite over the Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl. Newser says Cincinnati is the biggest Super Bowl underdog in 23 years
- ESPN says Cincinnati's public schools are off the day after the Super Bowl. The school district sent a letter to parents that reads: "We hope that you enjoy roaring the Bengals to a win on Sunday and take this time to take pride in our incredible city and amazing football team"
- The NY Post says the glove that Antonio Brown tossed into the crowd after quitting the Buccaneers on January 2nd is now up for sale. Bidding as of last night reached $310.
- Giant Freakin Robot says Warner Brothers hopes to start shooting a sequel to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker movie sometime in 2023. They have a script in hand. The movie could be released as early as 2025
- Hola magazine says Ben Affleck's ex-girlfriend, Ana de Armas, is going to play Marilyn Monroe in an upcoming Netflix movie titled "Blonde." The movie will chronicle Marilyn's fictional life
- A new survey by Heartbeat Angels reveals that the coronavirus has had a negative impact on the love lives of 25.8% of Americans. 9% of Americans say the coronavirus has had a positive impact on their love life
Brady Hasn't Retired: Newsweek magazine says Tom Brady has yet to make a decision on whether or not he is going to retire. During his Let's Go podcast yesterday, he said, "We're in such an era of information and people want to be in front of the news often. I totally understand that. I understand that's the environment we're in. I think for me, it's just literally day to day with me."
Super Bowl Party Foods To Cost More This Year: The NY Post says Super Bowl party foods are going to cost 14% more this year due to inflation. Steak prices are up 23%, chicken wing prices are up 26% and hamburger prices are up 17%. Chips, guacamole, fruit and vegetables will also cost more.
Alicia Silverstone tells Looper magazine that she wants to do a Clueless-Legally Blonde crossover. “Well, I think that would be really fun, and you should pitch that idea. It’s a good one. I think that they’re a little too similar, aren’t they? Isn’t Elle sort of a version of … They’re similar in their design, but … I don’t know, but I’m game. [If] she wants to do it, I’m in.”
OIC Canadian says Katy Perry recently turned two coronavirus test strips into gold and diamond earrings. She had gold accents and mini diamonds placed on the negative tests. Katy posted pictures of herself wearing the earrings because hopes it will spur more people to get tested for the virus.
Ricky Gervais tells Heat magazine that he hopes society cancels him. “One thing I’ve decided to definitely do, and can’t wait to start on, is my new stand-up show, which is going to be called ‘Armageddon’. I’m treating it like it’s my last one ever. It won’t be, but I want to put everything into it. I want to try and get cancelled. No, I just want to go all-out there. It’s about the end of the world and how we’re going to destroy ourselves for lots of reasons, whether it’s media stupidity, or the actual end of the world.”
Hollywoodlife.com says Ben Affleck's current girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, and his ex-wife, Jennifer Garner, are becoming close. A source tells the website, “Garner and Lopez have gotten to know each other better and they actually have become close. They’ve come to an understanding that all that matters at this point is what’s best for the kids. As mothers, this is important to J.Lo that Jen is on board. Jen’s kids really have taken to Ben and his children which is super important to Jen, too.”
Radar Online says Kim Kardashian's boyfriend, Pete Davidson, has been having secret meetings with Kim's mother, Kris Jenner. A source tells the website, “Kris is a marketing genius. She made all her daughters into stars and at least two of them into billionaire. When Kris first met Caitlyn Jenner she was Bruce and struggling to make a living. Now, with Kim’s blessing, Kris is talking with business Pete. Kim has shown Pete that literally anything is possible. There is no reason whatsoever why a skinny guy from Staten Island cannot be a billionaire, dominating the entertainment business. Kris thinks Pete has the talent to be the biggest stand-up comedian of all time. She sees him as the next Eddie Murphy or Dave Chappelle. All he needs is the right manager. Being in the ensemble of a late-night Saturday comedy show isn’t enough. Kim has shown Pete that if you dare to dream big, they can come true…with a little help from mommy of course.”
The National Enquirer claims Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani may be having marital issues. A source tells the magazine, “They’ve been fighting about almost everything since the wedding! She feels he doesn’t take her religion seriously enough! She’s tired of sitting and watching Blake lounge around with his country music pals and piling on the pounds. Their friends are concerned a divorce might be right around the corner!”
Cageside Seats says Ric Flair and his fifth wife, Wendy Barlow, are ending their marriage. He tweeted; ''After Taking Some Time Apart, Wendy And I Have Decided To Go Our Separate Ways. Please Respect Our Privacy & Our Families During This Time! I Will Love & Cherish All Of Our Memories Together Forever, And I Will Forever Be Thankful For All She Has Done To Make My Life Better!''
THE GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL TIME …. According to a new survey by YouTube TV
Friends – 43%
Seinfeld – 40%
Game of Thrones – 37%
Three’s Company – 36%
Frasier – 36%
The Office – 36%
MASH – 35%
Battlestar Galactica – 30%
The Simpsons – 29%
The Wire – 28%
Twin Peaks – 27%
Family Guy – 27%
The Sopranos – 26%
Sex and the City – 24%
American Dad – 23%
Law and Order – 23%
Grey’s Anatomy – 23%
Bob’s Burgers – 23%
Community – 21%
Big Brother – 21%
Valentine's Day Survey
A new survey by the National Retail Federation reveals that people will spend $1.1 billion on Valentine's Day gifts for their pets. Other findings:
Valentine's Day spending is expected to reach $23.9 billion this year. That's up from $21.8 billion last year.
The average person will spend $175.41 on Valentine's Day gifts. That's up from $164 last year.
Top Valentine's Day gifts Candy (56%), greeting cards (40%), and flowers (37%)
Valentine's Day Gift Survey
A new survey by Manly Man Co reveals that 71% of men act excited when their partner gives them a Valentine's Day gift. Other findings:
- 67% of men would be willing to give romantic favors for better Valentine's Day gifts
- 36% of people say they don't get excited about Valentine's Day gifts from their partner
- 75% of people believe women get better Valentine's Day gifts than men
- 51% of men think they give better Valentine's Day gifts than their partner
Top Songs Couples Don't Want Played At Their Wedding …. According to a new survey by Posh DJs
1 "Cha Cha Slide"
2 "Cupid Shuffle"
3 "Cotton Eye Joe"
4 "Sweet Caroline"
6 "I Gotta Feeling"
Best States for Singles … According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 30 categories including dating economics, dating opportunities, romance and fun, and more
2. New York
8. New Jersey
Worst States for Singles … According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 30 categories including dating economics, dating opportunities, romance and fun, and more
10. West Virginia
8. North Dakota
1. South Carolina
My 16 year-old son has a crush on one of the most attractive young women at his school. He wants to ask her out for Valentine's Day. I think she's out of his league. I also heard she may go on a date with the school's star quarterback. Should I tell my son what I know or allow him to ask her out and possibly experience heartbreak? I'm not sure what would be best. What should I do?