- Axios says this past weekend's Bomb Cyclone brought 74 mph winds to Boston. Some areas of the Northeast received 30 inches of snow. The Daily Mail says parts of Nantucket, Massachusetts are under water due to Winter Storm Keenan. Several local high schoolers were seen rowing a canoe along a flooded road.
- Newsweek magazine says the new Omicron variant, BA.2, is one and a half times more contagious than the original Omicron variant. Vaccines help against the new variant.
- The Sun says Joe Biden's wife, Jill, has gotten a new cat named Willow. The short haired tabby is named after her Pennsylvania hometown. Willow likes to spend her time lounging in White House windows.
-The Daily Mail says Apple is adding a pregnant man emoji to their phones. Apple is also going to offer a Melting Face emoji
- A new survey by Olderwomendating.com reveals that 60% of younger men are attracted to older women.
- She Knows says Costco is celebrating Valentine's Day by selling a heart-shaped chocolate-covered cheesecake. The cake weighs three pounds and costs $19
- A new survey by Whip Media reveals that 48% of people don't plan on watching the Winter Olympics when they start on February 4th on NBC
- The Hollywood Reporter says Jason Momoa is in talks to join the cast of Fast and Furious 10. He is going to play a villain
- Hollywoodlife.com says Mike ''The Situation'' Sorrentino and his wife, Lauren, recently had $50,000 worth of dental work done. They had veneers placed on their teeth in order to improve their smiles
- The Economic Times says a cardboard box shortage is now occurring because of supply chain issues, a high demand for packing materials and a strain on production materials
- ''WKRP in Cincinnati'' star Howard Hesseman has died at the age of 81. He passed from complications due to colon surgery. Howard played Johnny Fever on ''WKRP in Cincinnati''
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” $11 million.
2. “Scream,” $7.4 million.
3. “Sing 2,” $4.8 million.
4. “Redeeming Love,” $1.9 million.
5. “The King’s Man,” $1.8 million.
6. “The 355,” $1.4 million.
7. “American Underdog,” $1.2 million.
8. “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” $770,000.
9. “Licorice Pizza,” $691,000.
10. “West Side Story,” $614,000.
Is Brady Retiring?: ESPN says Tom Brady is retiring after 22 seasons. Brady's company, TB12Sports, Tweeted “7 Super Bowl Rings. 5 Super Bowl MVPs. 3 League MVP Awards. 22 Incredible Seasons. Thank you for it all, @TomBrady”
The Daily Mail says Tom Brady will receive a $15 million - $20 million signing bonus if he delays his retirement announcement until after February 4th.
Tom Brady's father, Tom Sr, tells the NFL Network, "This story is total conjecture. Tommy has not made a final decision one way or the other and anybody else that says that he has is absolutely wrong."
Career Accomplishments ...
7 Super Bowl wins
5 Super Bowl MVP Awards
3 NFL MVP Awards
15-time Pro Bowler
6 First-Team All Pro selections
NFL’s all-time passing touchdown leader (624)
NFL’s all-time passing yards leader (85,520)
The most career wins in NFL history (243)
He was 243-73 in his career in the regular season and 35-12 in the playoffs.
Britney Spears blasted her sister, Jamie Lynn, on Friday with a post that read;“National best seller???? DUH …. the timing of your book was unbelievable Jamie Lynn … especially knowing the whole world had no clue what was really done to me!!!! My whole family including you is saying YOU DIDN’T KNOW. Bull. I wish you would take a lie detector test so all these masses of people see you’re lying through your teeth about me!!!! You are scum, Jamie Lynn.”
KTHV says the Little Rock, Arkansas zoo recently named one of their new penguins after Betty White. 'Betty' still has her baby feathers and is super sweet and friendly to guests. The Zoo says Betty is so friendly that she may become an animal ambassador.
The Daily Mail says Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry recently went snowboarding.Orlando filmed himself jumping out of a helicopter. He landed safely on the ground and then boarded to the bottom of the mountain.
Dolly Parton has revealed that she is addicted to Taco Bell. She tells Business Insider, "I like soft-shell tacos. I like the others, but they fall apart so bad, especially if you're riding around. So I always get a Taco Supreme, with the sour cream and all that, in the soft shell. I love that. I get an order of rice and beans.''
OK! magazine claims Kelly Clarkson is allegedly thinking about leaving Los Angeles. A source tells the magazine, “L.A. has never been her favorite place, and she’s ready to pack her bags. Kelly has always loved the scenic coast of Northern California and has been looking at property around Carmel, where she’s already met a ton of people. Carmel would be the perfect escape whenever she needs to get away from Hollywood. A hideaway overlooking the sea sounds like heaven.”
TMZ says Dr. Oz was taking part in a political meeting outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday when a man had a medical emergency and lost consciousness. Dr. Oz rushed to the man, lowered him to the ground and rendered aid as he had a seizure. Dr. Oz saved the man as medics took him to the hospital.
BuzzFeed News says an Oklahoma City judge re-sentenced Tiger King star Joe Exotic on Friday. He will spend the next 21 years in prison for hiring a hit man to kill Carole Baskin. The judge reduced Joe's sentence by one year due to improper judgment guidelines that were previously used in his case.
The Irish Mirror says Tom Holland and Zendaya have purchased a $4.5 million dollar home in the UK. The house has six bedrooms, a gym, a movie theater and a man cave. Mick Jagger, Angelina Jolie and Tom Hardy live nearby. A source tells the newspaper. “They are over the moon about the property and getting their first home together. They are very much in love and wanted their first home to be in London where Tom grew up. Everyone is thrilled for them. The plan is for them to move in after renovation is completed, probably late Summer.”
The Sun claims Nick Cannon has gotten a fifth woman pregnant. He is set to welcome a baby boy with Johnny Manziel's ex-wife, Bre Tiesi. The couple held a gender reveal party over the weekend. This will be Nick's eighth child
The Internet reacts ...
"Nick Cannon does not have another baby on the way. Like I have to be reading that wrong. What is wrong with this boy?!"
"You're telling me Nick Cannon is having another baby?"
"Nick Cannon having another baby!? My god."
In her new documentary, ''Janet'' , Janet Jackson says she and Justin Timberlake are good friends even though he exposed her during her 2004 Super Bowl halftime performance."Honestly, this whole thing was blown way out of proportion. And, of course, it was an accident that should not have happened, but everyone is looking for someone to blame and that's got to stop. Justin and I are very good friends, and we will always be very good friends. We spoke just a few days ago. He and I have moved on, and it's time for everyone else to do the same."
Restaurants With The Worst Free Bread … According to a new survey by Mashed magazine
Ruby Tuesday 42.6%
Olive Garden 15.6%
Logan's Roadhouse 12.6%
Outback Steakhouse 9.5%
Outback Steakhouse Texas Roadhouse 9.3%
Which NFL Fans Are The Sorest Losers? ... According to a new survey by US Bets
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 New England Patriots
3 Philadelphia Eagles
4 Pittsburgh Steelers
5 Green Bay Packers
6 Oakland Raiders
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Chicago Bears
9 Seattle Seahawks
10 Cleveland Browns
Top Physical Reactions To An NFL Team's Poor Performance ... According to a new survey by US Bets
slam hands on furniture 66%
storm out of room 51%
punched pillow or couch 37%
threw the remote 21%
punched a wall 5%
broke something 4%
got into a fight with someone 3%
Sports Survey A new survey by TickPick reveals that 75% of sports fans would sleep with a fan of their rival team. Other findings:
- 63% of people would work for someone who supports their rival team
- 54% of people love to hate a rival team
- 43% of people have gotten into a fight with a rival fan
I am about to join an online dating site. My friends and I had brunch on Saturday and disagreed about what pictures I should post. Half of my friends say I should post filtered pics where I am dressed to the nines and looking amazing. My other friends say I should dress down and post plain pictures. They say doing this will attract men, who want me for more than just my looks. My other friends say posting attractive pictures will draw a better class of men. What should I do? Which group of friends are right?