Fonseca Trending 01/28/21
- The NY Post says scientists have moved their Doomsday Clock to 100 seconds before Midnight. This is the first time the hands have moved closer than two minutes to Midnight. The pandemic caused the move
- ABC says the U.S. Army is changing its rules and is now going to allow women to wear ponytails and nail polish. Female soldiers will also be able to breastfeed and pump.
- TMZ says Good Morning America host Michael Strahan has tested positive for the coronavirus. He was exposed at some point last week and will appear on GMA this morning to discuss his symptoms and condition
- The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame says the Bernie Sanders Mittens Meme Bobblehead has become the second best selling doll of all time in less than a week. The Dr Anthony Fauci bobblehead is the best selling bobblehead of all time with 50,000 sold. Bernie is quickly gaining on that number with over 20,000 sold.
- Adweek says "Bridgerton" has become Netflix's biggest original series ever.Over 82 million households have streamed the show since it was released
- NDTV Food says a YouTuber, named Mr Beast, recently ate a $100,000 ice cream sundae. It featured a $100 ice cream base, $500 cheese balls, $1,000 chocolate bits with gold flakes, a $20,000 grape juice topping and a $45,000 butterscotch sauce
- CBS says Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey is set to open the world's tallest, longest and fastest roller coaster. The Jersey Devil coaster is 13 stories high and reaches speeds of 58 mph. There is a 130 foot drop and a zero-gravity roll
Super Bowl Trending
- Mediapost says CBS has sold all of their Super Bowl commercials. A 30-second commercial costs $5.6 million or $400,000 more than last year
- Adweek says M&M's plans to debut their new Super Bowl commercial on a Zoom call on February 3rd.
- A new survey by Hall Sports reveals that 64% of people won't be attending a Super Bowl party this year because of the coronavirus
The Daily Mail says Halsey is pregnant with her first child. Halsey posted pictures of her baby bump online
The NY Post says Coldplay star Chris Martin and Dakota Johnson have moved into a $12.5 million Malibu mansion. The house has six bedrooms, a game room, a pool, a spa, an outdoor BBQ, an outdoor fireplace and a two-story guest house
AJR tells the Billboard Pop Shop Podcast that they're happy 'Bang!' has taken so long to become a hit. " This is our first song that actually is growing on pop radio, and it's funny that it's still growing after a year. But it's crazy that we're reaching new audiences every time we have a new single. Seeing it grow for so long, I don't know, I like things that take a long time to grow, because that's how our whole career has been. It's just been a slow grow, step by step every year
Ava Max tells BlackBookMag.com that she loves motivational music. “I love dance music and I love motivational music. I want to create songs that will help me go running or help me go start a business or help me do something empowering. I think a lot of people need that, not more sadness.”
Taylor Swift tells Time magazine that she writes music to express her feelings. “I see a lot of celebrities build up these emotional walls around themselves, where they let no one in, and that’s what makes them feel very lonely at the top. I just keep writing songs. And I kind of stay open to feeling humiliated and rejected, because before being a quote-unquote celebrity, I’m a songwriter. Being a celebrity means you lock your doors and close your windows and don’t let people in. Being a songwriter means you’re very attuned to your own intuition and your own feelings even if they hurt.”
24kGoldn tells Our Generation Music that he and Iann Dior's hit song 'Mood' was made by accident. "That was kind of like, the best accident I ever had in my life,” he explained. “I went to Iann’s house to go just chill and we were playing Call of Duty and Omer and KBeazy – they just start making beats because they ain’t tryna play Call of Duty. They’re producers! We gon’ make some beats for fun at least!"
The NY Post says Pamela Anderson secretly married her bodyguard, Dan Hayhurst, on Christmas Eve. The couple tied the knot at her home on Vancouver Island. This is Pamela's fifth marriage. She says, “I was married on the property I bought from my grandparents 25 years ago, this is where my parents were married and they are still together. I feel like I’ve come full circle. I’m exactly where I need to be – in the arms of a man who truly loves me.”
The Irish Mirror says Pamela Anderson quit social media with a post that read: "I've never been interested in social media and now that I'm settled into the life I'm genuinely inspired by reading and being in nature I am free. Let's hope you find the strength and inspiration to follow your purpose and try not to be seduced by wasted time. That's what THEY want and can use to make money. Control over your brain."
TMZ says Tim Robbins is divorcing the woman he secretly married. People thought he and Gratia Brancusi had only been dating for the past three years. The couple has no kids together
Woman's Day magazine says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have allegedly been leaning on one another as they navigate relationship troubles. A source tells the magazine, “I wouldn’t be surprised if she was leaning on him during this Alex chaos. He always did provide good advice and is staunchly in her corner. It’s a living nightmare for Jennifer. One minute she was planning her dream, no-expense-spared wedding to a multimillionaire sports star and being treated like a princess forever, the next her world has turned upside down.''
New Idea magazine says Jennifer Aniston has allegedly ignored Channing Tatum's advances towards her. A source tells the magazine, “Now, he’s working with Sandra [Bullock]. She’s one of Jen’s best friends, so he feels he’s found his ‘in.’ Already he and Sandy are getting on well and he’s hoping she’ll be willing to play Cupid. He thinks he can laugh her into a date and that’s his ultimate goal. He plans on going on a full charm offensive with Sandra because he knows you have to win over a woman’s friend first.''
The Sun says Sarah Jessica Parker asked her 11 year-old twins for permission before she agreed to join the 'Sex and the City reboot.'' A source tells the newspaper, "Sarah was adamant that her returning to Sex And the City was a family decision. While returning was a project on her to do list, it was vital that it would not take away from her being a parent. She has always insisted 'I want to be there for my children', rather than be that mom that prioritizes Hollywood over family. Another aspect is that most of the series will be based in New York to allow workers to be close to their loved ones.''
Seth Rogen tells Entertainment Tonight that he is releasing a book about his life titled "Yearbook".“I talk about my grandparents, doing standup comedy as a teenager, bar mitzvahs, and Jewish summer camp, and tell way more stories about doing drugs than my mother would like. I also talk about some of my adventures in Los Angeles, and surely say things about other famous people that will create a wildly awkward conversation for me at a party one day.”
The Sun says Kris Jenner's former bodyguard, Marc McWilliams, claims she made unwanted advances towards him that involved grabbing his butt, touching his midsection and exposing herself to him. He was in court yesterday updating the previous lawsuit he filed against her. The Blast claims McWilliams wants $3 million. Kris did not comment.
The Sun says Scott Disick doesn't like Kourtney Kardashian dating Travis Barker.A source tells the newspaper, "Scott and Kourt's relationship is still very close - unusually close considering they split over five years ago. But now Kourt is officially dating Travis, Scott's suddenly really jealous and seems furious. He's always asking Kourt about Travis and I think he's secretly worried about what will happen - will she try and push him away? Will the Kardashians still consider him their family? Will Travis be the new father figure in his kids' lives?"
Super Bowl Food Survey
A new survey by DoorDash reveals that 93% of Americans plan to watch the Super Bowl. Other findings:
- 48% of people plan to order takeout or get delivery for the Big Game.
- top food choices for football fans
1 mozzarella sticks
2 boneless wings
3 chips and salsa
4 Caesar salad
5 pepperoni pizza