- Entertainment Tonight says Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart are going to compete against one another in this year's Puppy Bowl. The 'game' will take place on Super Bowl Sunday on February 13th
- Hollywoodlife.com says Britney Spears has dyed her hair purple. She showed off her new color in an Instagram dance video
- Deadline Hollywood says ABC has placed ''Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'' on hiatus. The network may ask Jimmy Kimmel to bring back the show in the future.
- Mediapost says Dodge is looking to hire a Chief Donut Maker. The new employee will receive Dodge clothing, a Dodge SRT Hellcat and a $150,000 paycheck. Ten finalists will put their drifting talents to the test in front of pro wrestler Bill Goldberg.
- The Insider says Peloton is pausing production on their bikes and treadmills due to a significant reduction in demand. The company just announced they were hiking prices on their bikes and treadmills due to inflation and other issues
- Brobible says Space Entertainment Enterprise, the company that is co-producing Tom Cruise's upcoming space movie, plans to put a movie studio and sports arena in space by 2024. They say, “The module is intended to host films, television, music and sports events as well as artists, producers and creatives who want to make content in the low orbit, micro-gravity environment.''
- Adweek says Netflix now has 221.8 million subscribers worldwide. The service added 8.3 million subscribers at the end of 2021
- Chewboom says McDonald's restaurants in Thailand are serving a new dessert called Chili Paste Pork Ice Cream. The vanilla soft-serve is topped with a chili sauce, shredded pork floss and spicy dried meats
- Republic World says a competitive eater from India recently ate 50 chicken egg omelettes. Some people criticized Saapattu Raman saying he should have given the food to those, who need it in India.
- MSN says Oreo is selling a Valentine's Day Cookie Kit. It comes with two mugs that say “you’re the milk” and “to my cookies”, a pair of tongs for dunking, and six cookies. The dunking set is available at Walmart for $18
R.I.P. Meatloaf: TMZ says Meatloaf has died at the age of 74. He passed away from the Coronavirus. His wife and two daughters were by his side when he passed.
His family released a statement saying, "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight surrounded by his wife Deborah, daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends. We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man. We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. From his heart to your souls…don't ever stop rocking!"
Cher reacts: Had So Much Fun With Meatloaf When We Did “Dead Ringer”. Am Very Sorry For His Family,Friends,& Fans. Am I imagining It, or Are Amazing Ppl In The Arts Dying every other Day
Boy George reacts: "R.I.P Meatloaf. Love and prayers to all his family and close friends," he wrote. "He once turned me upside down in a Chinese Restaurant in St Johns Wood."
Super Bowl Petition: Fox News says a petition has been started to move the Super Bowl from Sunday to Saturday. Almost 100,000 people have digitally signed Frank Ruggeri's online petition. He says having the Super Bowl on a Sunday costs America money. “It’s really, really important to me is because 17.2 million people miss work. That’s 44 billion dollars less of productivity. Commissioner Goodell, there would be more viewership. The people will be watching. Bigger party. And I think the economic impact would be easier to have it on a Saturday.''
The Internet reacts...
“I believe it’s a change that would benefit everyone”
“Either move it to Saturday or make the Monday after a federal holiday”
“It just makes sense to have the game on a Saturday.”
Wonderwall says Pamela Anderson and Dan Hayhurst are divorcing after a year of marriage. This is Pam's fifth divorce. A source tells Rolling Stone magazine, “Pamela loves as authentically as she lives. The brief marriage was a pandemic whirlwind that simply petered out.” A source tells the NY Post, “Dan was unkind and unsupportive. After you spent two years living every second with someone, you get to know them better — and for worse. They got to know each other better, and in doing so, Pamela realized Dan is in fact not the one. “
OK! magazine claims some at NBC would like to see Jennifer Lopez replace Ariana Grande as a coach on ''The Voice''. A source tells the magazine, “Everyone was excited when Jennifer Lopez was at the show. There have been a lot of big stars performing on The Voice, but there was something different about Jennifer's visit. All the top execs and producers were on-set that day and after she finished filming there was a lot of closed-door meeting trying to convince her to join the show full-time. At the end of the day Ariana Grande didn’t bring in the ratings. She has more social media followers than all the other stars combined, yet her fans didn’t tune in."
Entertainment Tonight says Tori Spelling is trying to save her marriage to Dean McDermott. A source tells the TV show; "Tori and Dean are still going through a rough patch and a tough space. It's been difficult for them. Things aren't great between them, but they are still attempting to work things out for the sake of their kids."
Life & Style Weekly Magazine claims Pete Davidson's mother, Amy, is allegedly not a fan of the Kardashians. A source tells the magazine, “Amy is not a fan. Kim has an uphill battle ahead of her. She hates all of the baggage that comes from Kim. Amy would rather her son settle down with someone who doesn’t already have four kids. Pete adores his mother, but he’s never really asked her for dating advice and isn’t going to start now.”
The E! News Network says Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader have secretly been dating for a year. The two got together after starring in the 2019 Christmas movie ‘’Noelle’’. A source tells People magazine, ‘’She's hosted Saturday Night Live and they've done a movie together, but they got together well after the movie. They are both very private people, and with the pandemic it was easy to keep it quiet. They're both hysterical so they must keep each other laughing all of the time. She's really, really happy."
Rob Lowe tells ABC that Pat Riley banned him from traveling with the Lakers in the 80s. “Pat Riley ended up barring me from going on the team plane and really barred me from staying in the team hotel…What a badge of honor to be banned by Pat Riley, right? It might’ve been [because] I gave a player who shall go nameless a quaalude and they went on a shooting slump.”
Greek City Times says Robert De Niro is getting into the hotel business and opening his first hotel in Greece. The hotel will feature his signature Nobu restaurant, a spa, a fitness center, a two-level pool and rooms with views of the sea.
Entertainment Tonight says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are planning to get engaged. A source tells the TV show, "Jen and Ben are doing great. Ben's interview with Howard Stern didn't really put too much of a strain on their relationship. They understand that things like this happen sometimes, and words can get misconstrued. They are madly in love and Jen totally has Ben's back, which is why she wanted to make her support and stance known publicly. Things between their children are pretty organic at this point. The families respect each other and also get along, so things are all good and fine on that front. Their friends think they will get engaged eventually and it's only a matter of time.''
Vulture magazine says Pete Davidson and fellow Saturday Night Live star Colin Jost have purchased a Staten Island ferry. They paid $280,000 for the ferry at an online auction. They and their friends plan to rehab the boat.
A new survey by Rasmussen Reports reveals that 40% of people, under 40, have a tattoo. Other findings:
- 67% of people don't have any tattoos.
- 21% of people have two or more tattoos
Work From Home Survey
A new survey by the video platform Vidyard reveals that 96% of people would give up a percentage of their salary to permanently work from home. Other findings:
- 35% of people have led a work meeting while sitting on the toilet in their bathroom.
- 33% of people fear they would miss their dog if they were forced to return to their office
- 37% of people have conducted a work meeting while on vacation
Daily Wine NOT Good For The Heart
The World Heart Federation says drinking a daily glass of wine does NOT have the health benefits that many have previously claimed. The federation wants the public to know that drinking ANY alcohol increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and digestive problems.
Committee member Monika Arora says, "The portrayal of alcohol as necessary for a vibrant social life has diverted attention from the harms of alcohol use, as have the frequent and widely publicized claims that moderate drinking, such as a glass of red wine a day, can offer protection against cardiovascular disease. These claims are at best misinformed, and at worst an attempt by the alcohol industry to mislead the public about the danger of their product."
Ultimate Hangover Cure: The Daily Mail says a New York dietician has discovered a hangover cure that is 100% effective. Monica D'Agostino claims drinking a combination of water, lemon juice, turmeric, and ginger is the perfect antidote to a night of heavy drinking. She shared her recipe on TikTok and named the solution "Recovery Lemonade." Social media reacts ... "I made this for my boyfriend this week and now he's been requesting it every day" "Made this today and so good! I added beet root powder to mine" "Love this! I used to work at a juice place and whenever I was hungover at work, I'd grab the turmeric shot first thing" "You are the dietician I didn't know I needed. Thanks for keeping it real. Definitely starting this tomorrow"
Survey: Ask your audience to call with their funny, strange and outrageous hangover cures
WHAT FUN THINGS PEOPLE WILL SPLURGE ON IN THE COMING YEARS … According to a new survey by Alliant Credit Union
Home goods/decor 40%
Consumer electronics 38%
Live entertainment 37%
Museum exhibits 27%
I have a first date tonight and am confused about what to do. Some of my friends say I should plan a romantic date. My other friends say I shouldn't because it will scare my date and give her the impression that I'm only out for one thing. My other friends disagree and say being romantic is chivalrous. I really like this woman and don't want to blow it. Does a romantic first date send the wrong message? Is it too strong?