- CBS says the price of Tide and Gain laundry detergents is going up because of inflation. Prices for each will rise by 8% next month. Procter & Gamble says the price of Downy Fabric Softener and Bounce dryer sheets will also rise.
- WION says 11 hamsters from Hong Kong have tested positive for the coronavirus. A pet store employee infected the hamsters.
- Adweek says Halle Berry is going to host the opening of the Super Bowl on NBC. The network is also lining up other celebrity cameos
- WFMZ says Taco Bell is opening their own business school called the Taco Bell Business School. The school will be supported by the University of Louisville and will offer franchise training to potential owners.
- KMOX says Peloton is increasing the price of their bikes because of inflation.Their bikes are increasing in price from $250 to $350 and will now cost between $1,745 and $2,845
- The Sports Business Journal says Floyd Mayweather's NASCAR racing team, Money Team Racing, is in negotiations to put a car in next month's Daytona 500.
- NBC says orange juice prices are about to skyrocket because of a citrus disease and unfavorable weather conditions. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the upcoming Florida harvest is going to be the smallest the state has produced in 60 years.
- People magazine says Coca-Cola's new flavor, Coca-Cola with Coffee Mocha, will hit store shelves on February 7th. The new Coke is infused with Brazilian coffee and 69 mg of caffeine. That's double the amount in a regular Coke.
- Mashed magazine says a Finland pizzeria, called Kotipizza, is selling a pie topped with smoked reindeer meat, cheese, red onions and mushrooms. The toppings are placed on a rye bread crust
BEST Breakfast Ever: The Bokeh Lounge, in Evansville, Indiana, is going viral because they offer cereal cocktails for brunch.
Drinks include ...
Fruity Loopy … Loopy Vodka, Almond Cream Liquor, whipped cream and Fruit Loops Cereal
Cocoa Crisp … Double Chocolate Vodka, Bailey's, Kahlua, milk, whipped cream and Cocoa Krisp Cereal
Peanut Butter Puffs … Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey, Kala, Frangelico, milk and Chocolate Peanut Butter Puffs
Cinnamon Crunch … Fireball Whiskey, Rum Chatta, milk, whipped cream and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
WGN says the Wayne's World car is going to be auctioned off. The 1976 AMC Pacer has been restored to look like it did in the film. It is powder blue with mismatched hubcaps, flame decals, a working stereo and a rebuilt engine. Bidding starts at $37,000
Rebel Wilson tells the Life On Tap podcast that she once went to the bathroom on her neighbor's lawn. ''So, I go on the hike and you know, it's hiking up hill, and I was feeling very sluggish after eating probably thousands of calories. I start coming down the hill and there's kind of like, houses between my house and the park. And then I like, just get this instant feeling like I gotta go to the toilet. It hit me, and it was all inside, and it just had to come out.''
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears ripped her sister, Jamie, again yesterday when she posted: 'You selfish little brat !!! Saying how weird and dumb it was that I bought a house for Mamma !!!! She was so proud and you told that interview girl that it was just weird … LIKE I GUESS I WILL JUST WALK IN THESE HALLS … Why did you say that ??? And the topic about the knife which is ironically the only lie you've ever told in your whole life ... Why is that conversation 20 min ??? and the most degrading to me ... OH BUT you don't want to keep talking about it because you don't want to HURT ANYBODY'S feelings ... yet you let it linger forever saying you felt unsafe with me and WEIRD ... **** you Jamie Lynn !!!!'
Radar Online says Britney Spears and her attorneys claim her father, Jamie, allegedly had an affair with a woman named Lou Taylor. A court document reads: "Admit that, when you were the Conservator of the Estate, you had a romantic relationship with Lou Taylor. Admit that, while you were Conservator of the Estate, you took an overseas trip to be baptized with Lou Taylor and charged the Estate of Britney Spears for that trip.''
Radar Online says Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet allegedly split because of his busy schedule. A source tells the website, "A few years ago, Jason was struggling to find work. Now his career is booming. And he wants to keep working as much as he can. For some people, it might strengthen their marriage. For Lisa and Jason's marriage, being apart has been a disaster.''
Alyssa Milano tells Fox News that a ''Who's the Boss'' sequel is in the works. “We’re actually developing a reboot, well it’s more of a sequel and we’ve been developing it now for a couple of years. The pandemic sort of put everything on hold, but we’re hopeful that before I’m in my 70s we’ll be able to. Trying to figure out what the show would look like and what stage in our lives we would pick up from.”
The NY Post says the University of California has named a parasite after Jeff Daniels. The parasite starves tarantulas to death. Jeff played Dr. Ross Jennings in the film ''Arachnophobia''. He says, “Honestly, I was honored by their homage to me and ‘Arachnophobia.’ Made me smile. And of course, in Hollywood, you haven’t really made it until you’ve been recognized by those in the field of parasitology.''
Perez Hilton says Kanye West's threats against Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian are driving the couple closer together. A source tells the website, “It’s not impacting their relationship at all. If anything, this drama is bringing Kim and Pete closer together because he makes things so easy.”
Radar Online, citing The Sun, says Pete Davidson has allegedly become a diva on the set of ''Saturday Night Live'' since he started dating Kim Kardashian. A source tells the news outlets, "Pete has become a total diva at SNL. He missed the first few days of rehearsal last week and was still allowed to be in Saturday's show. Normally, if you miss any rehearsals, you are out of the show on Saturday night, and the cast is starting to turn on him.''
Jersey Shore Online says Snooki is opening her own boutique in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. The Snooki Shop will sell dresses, tops, sports gear, shoes and make-up. It will open in the Spring
Money Buys Happiness A new survey by LendingTree reveals that 43% of people have gone into debt trying to buy happiness. Other findings:
- 33% of people say money makes them happier than love
- 88% of people have spent money on something to make themselves happier
A new survey by LG Electronics reveals that 60% of people prioritize keeping their floors clean. Other findings:
- 56% of people attribute their dirty floors to their children
- a kitchen floor has 830 bacteria per square inch
- the space in front of a toilet has 764 bacteria per square inch
- a toilet bowl has 3.2 million bacteria per square inch
- a kitchen drain has 567,845 bacteria per square inch
Teddy Bear Survey
A new survey posted by Midlands 103 reveals that 33% of adults sleep with a teddy bear. Other findings:
- 44% of people still have their childhood teddy bear
- 10% of people would rather snuggle with a teddy bear than their partner
TOP THINGS PEOPLE COULDN’T DO WITHOUT THEIR SUPPORT SYSTEM … According to a new survey by Nutrisystem
Raise a family (39%)
Buy a house (34%)
Travel to a new place (32%)
Buy a car (28%)
Land my dream job (28%)
Lose weight (27%)
Run a marathon (23%)
Go skydiving (23%)
Train a pet (24%)
I own a well-known business in the area. A lucrative customer had an issue with one of my employees the other day. The customer complained to me and said, "Whatever happened to the phrase, 'The customer is always right?'." In this case, I'm not sure I agree with him. I may lose the customer if I back my employee. My other workers are waiting to see what I will do. Is the customer always right? What do you think about this phrase? Should I choose my employee over my customer?