Fonseca Trending 01/10/22
- The Daily Mail says doctors expect 5 million Americans to call out sick this week because of the coronavirus. Over 900,000 new covid cases were reported on Friday.
- Bloomberg News says a new coronavirus strain was recently discovered by a researcher in Cyprus. The variant is called Deltacron and is a combination of the Omicron and Delta variant. A new study posted in the Deccan Herald newspaper, reveals that the Omicron variant is 105% more transmissible than the Delta variant
- Inside Edition says a snow leopard, at the Miller Park Zoo in Illinois, has died from the coronavirus.
- The Hollywood Reporter says production on ''Star Trek: Picard'' has been halted because 50 cast and crew members have tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Engadget says Tinder is developing a new feature called Swipe Party that allows your online friends to help you choose your dates. Friends will be allowed to swipe on potential matches for you
- MSN News says Norway's military is asking new recruits to wear used underwear, used socks and used bras because of supply chain issues. The undergarments are laundered before being given to the new soldiers.
- The Times of India says McDonald's restaurants in Taiwan have run out of hash browns because of a potato shortage. The shortage is being blamed on high demand and global shipping issues.
- The Daily Mail says Demi Lovato shaved her head and then had a tattoo artist ink a giant spider on the side of it.
- Naughty Gossip says Josh Duhamel recently proposed to his girlfriend, Audra Mari. The couple has been dating since 2019. He is 49 while she is 28.
- TMZ says Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs honored the late Betty White yesterday by wearing a pair of cleats that had the phrase "Thank You For Being a Friend" and her likeness.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” $33 million.
2. “Sing 2,” $12 million.
3. “The 355,” $4.8 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost between $40 million and $75 million to produce)
4. “The King’s Man,” $3.4 million.
5. “American Underdog,” $2.4 million.
6. “The Matrix Resurrections,” $1.9 million.
7. “West Side Story,” $1.4 million.
8. “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” $1.1 million.
9. “Licorice Pizza,” $1 million.
10. “House of Gucci,” $632,348.
R.I.P. Bob Saget: TMZ says Bob Saget died yesterday at the age of 65. Police officers found him in a room at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando. He was unresponsive and pronounced dead on the scene. Bob was in the area for several comedy shows.
Orange County Sheriff's Office Tweeted: ''Earlier today, deputies were called to the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes for a call about an unresponsive man in a hotel room. The man was identified as Robert Saget & pronounced deceased on scene. Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case.''
Sagat family statement: "We are devastated to confirm that our beloved Bob passed away today," the statement reads. "He was everything to us and we want you to know how much he loved his fans, performing live and bringing people from all walks of life together with laughter. Though we ask for privacy at this time, we invite you to join us in remembering the love and laughter that Bob brought to the world"
Bob Saget Fast Facts ...
Bob originally wanted to become a doctor before his high school English teacher advised him to seek a career in films
Bob attended Temple University's film school
Biggest career highlights included hosting America's Funniest Home Videos and starring as Danny Tanner in Full House and Fuller House.
He won a student Academy Award in 1977 for his black-and-white documentary, “Through Adam’s Eyes.”
He received a Grammy nomination in 2014 for “Best Comedy Album” for his record “That’s What I’m Talkin’ About.”
Most Likely Places You Will Catch The Coronavirus... According to new research from the Virus Watch Study
2 playing sports
3 eating out
4 using public transportation
5 going to a bar
6 going to the health club
Totally the Bomb says the Girl Scouts of America have created a new patch honoring Betty White. The patch shows a likeness of Betty along with the Girl Scouts logo and Betty's name. Girl Scouts earn the patch by being an advocate for animals like Betty
The Good News Network says the Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue, in San Angelo, Texas, has honored Betty White by naming a baby donkey after her. The Rescue Facebooked; “This beautiful little jennet was born on Christmas Day but we were unable to come up with the perfect name until New Year’s Eve. Betty White was a tremendous voice for animals both here in the US and around the world.”
OK! magazine claims Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are allegedly feuding with Kristen Stewart over her portrayal of Princess Diana in the movie ''Spencer''. A source tells the magazine, “He’s pretty appalled by the film. Harry and Markle have been invited to all the big events and planned on attending the Oscars too, but they’d almost certainly come face-to-face with Kristen since she’s a lock for a best actress nomination. Markle figures they can just ignore Kristen or be briefly polite, but Harry’s not one to be fake, and his nerves are still raw. He’s actually thinking about skipping the Oscars, but Meghan really wants to get back into the Hollywood scene.''
US Weekly Magazine says things are getting serious between Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson. A source tells the magazine, “Kim is so happy and light when she’s with Pete. They seem like they’ve been together longer than they have been because of how comfortable they seem together. They’re always touching, and their chemistry is off the charts.”
Ben Affleck tells the Herald Sun newspaper that his appearance in "The Flash" will be his last as Batman. ''The Flash put a really nice finish on my experience with that character. Maybe my favorite scenes in terms of Batman and the interpretation of Batman that I have done, were in the Flash movie. I hope they maintain the integrity of what we did because I thought it was great and really interesting – different, but not in a way that is incongruent with the character.”
The Irish Mirror newspaper says The Weeknd sings about his private romance with Angelina Jolie in a new song called ''Here We Go... Again''.
Lyrics include ..."And my new girl, she a movie star/ my new girl, she a movie star" and "I loved her right, make her scream like Neve Campbell. But I make her laugh, swear it cures my depressing thoughts/I told myself that I’d never fall, but here we go again."
TMZ says Aaron Rodgers has no plans to boycott the Super Bowl if the Packers are in the Big Game. WFAN radio show host Boomer Esiason said he received a text message from a source that indicated Rodgers may boycott. Rodgers responded by posting, "Dumbest f***ing story ever"
Ace Showbiz says supermodel Ashley Graham has given birth to twin babies. She had them at home after 40 weeks. Ashley posted; ''Justin and I are so excited to share that our baby boys are here. They were born early this morning at home and are happy and healthy. I'm taking some time to heal up and connect with my husband and three boys, but I truly can not wait to share more with you all. Much love, AG."
Tori Spelling and her entire family have covid. She posted; “I share a lot on social media, but this is one thing I didn’t want to share … But, at this point people are getting frustrated not getting responses personally and business wise from me and wondering why I’m MIA so I finally decided to share. Our entire family has COVID. Yes, every single member got it. We all have varying degrees of symptoms. I was last to be symptomatic. We all were praying it was just a bad winter cold. But it wasn’t.”
NME magazine says Chia Pet is honoring Willie Nelson with his own chia. The chia is a likeness of Willie and has the Chia plant growing from his head into two long Chia plant braids. Walmart is selling the Chia Pet
Ben Affleck tells Howard Stern that hate caused him to break up with Jennifer Lopez in 2004. "I would say it was about 50 percent [of what destroyed our relationship]. The idea that people hate you and they hate you together and that being together is poison and ugly and toxic and the thing none of us want to be part of. And who would want to have them to dinner? And what are they doing together?"
TOP “SPORTS SUPERSTITIONS” … According to a new survey by the Tipico Sportsbook
Wearing a specific jersey every time my team plays (50%)
Listening to the same music ahead of a game (44%)
Sitting in a specific spot on the couch or in the stands (42%)
Carrying a good luck charm with me (42%)
Having a specific friend or family member present for the game (40%)
Eating specific food/snacks while watching the game (39%)
Not washing my jersey until the end of the season (38%)
Not standing up for the whole game, or switching spots to help my team if they’re losing (22%)
Wearing a specific item of clothing (other than a jersey) every time my team plays (16%)
Today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day
A new survey by Western Digital reveals that 50% of people would rather clean their house than their desktop. Other findings:
- The average person hasn't cleaned or organized their desktop in three years
- 62% of people say their desktop is cluttered
- 51% of people are worried they'll lose photos and videos if they clean their digital desktop.
- 61% of people wish they were more organized
TOP 10 MOST ANNOYING THINGS ABOUT WINTER ... According to a new survey of 2,000 people by British Gas
1. The days being too short 2. Having higher heating bills to pay 3. Missing the sun 4. Scraping ice off the car windshield 5. Dangerous driving conditions 6. Always being cold 7. Falling, slipping and sliding on ice 8. Having to get out of bed when the house is freezing cold 9. Hanging laundry indoors and it taking ages to dry 10. Getting out of the shower when it's cold
First I love listening to you on the weekends!
Listen to this....
My mouth hit the floor as I was doing laundry on Saturday. I was sorting clothes when I came across a new pair of underwear from my husband. They are white with red hearts. I ran into his man cave and questioned him. He said a female co-worker gave him the underwear as a Secret Santa gift. I have long suspected this woman has a crush on my husband. My husband says he wore the underwear last week as a joke. I told him that I am throwing out the underwear and that he never should have worn them. He disagrees and says they are a gag gift. I told him that wearing the underwear was disrespectful and almost like cheating because he was keeping them a secret from me. Have I overreacted? Should my husband apologize? Your thoughts?
What do you think?