FONSECA TRENDING 01/04/20
A study published last year in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology reveals that people keep an average of 13 secrets from their partner.
Anonymous Caller Survey: “My partner would freak out if they knew I _____________ in 2020.” i.e. … lost money, cheated, bought something without them knowing.
- Global News says doctors are warning people not to mix Pfizer and Moderna's coronavirus vaccines. Infectious disease epidemiologist Dr. Colin Furness says mixing the vaccines is irresponsible and unethical because doctors don't know what the side effects are.
- Newser says Larry King has been hospitalized with the coronavirus. The 87 year-old has been battling covid-19 for more than a week. He is 87 and has a history of heart attacks, diabetes and lung cancer.
- CNN says Robby Vargas-Cortes, an EMS from Canton, South Dakota, recently proposed to his partner, Eric Vanderlee, while getting the coronavirus vaccine.Eric said yes. Vargas-Cortes taped a ring to his arm.
- WSVN says no one won Friday's Mega Millions lottery jackpot so tomorrow's drawing is worth $432 million.
- No one won Saturday's Powerball jackpot so Wednesday's drawing is worth $410 million.
- Vivid Seats says some tickets to next Saturday's Indianapolis Colts-Buffalo Bills playoff game in Buffalo are selling for as much as $13,918
- CBS says Peloton is adding several Elvis Presley songs to their cycle classes.The songs are “Do the Vega,” “Catchin’ on Fast,” and “Clean Up Your Own Backyard.”
- Over 400,000 people have signed a change.org petition to get Johnny Depp to return as Captain Jack Sparrow in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. Wonder Woman 1984 - $5.5 Million
2. The Croods: A New Age - $2.1 Million
3. News of the World - $1.6 Million
4. Fatale - $700K
5. Promising Young Woman - $660K
6. The War with Grandpa - $113K
7. Alien - $75K
8. Freaky - $55K
9. Come Play - $54K
10. Half Brothers - $40K
Christmas Costume Spreads Coronavirus: Business Insider says an inflatable Christmas costume may have spread the coronavirus to 43 employees at a San Jose, California hospital. The website says an emergency room employee briefly wore the costume to work on Christmas. The costume's fan may have sprayed coronavirus particles all over the emergency room and in other departments. Kaiser Permanente San Jose is refusing to comment on the report.
The Daily Star says Joe Exotic's legal team is flying to Washington D.C. to meet with several White House aides about a pardon for Joe. Joe's attorney, Eric Love, tells the paper, “We think the pardon is going to come. To file for a presidential pardon you have to go through a specific set of channels. So we crossed all the Ts and dotted all the Is in Washington. The information we have is Wednesday very well could be the greatest day of our project.That’s good-sourced information. We feel that we have a great shot.”
Mickey magazine, citing The National Enquirer, claims Caitlyn Jenner may do a movie about her life. A source tells the news outlets, “Her reality show’s tanked, but she doesn’t want to give up her status as a celebrity. This is her way to get it back and make herself look like a hero in the process. So much has happened since her divorce and transition, and Cait’s eager to tell her story her way. She’s working on the script even as we speak.''
OK! magazine says Lori Loughlin wants to return to acting now that she is out of prison. A source tells the magazine, “She always loved her career. She loves filming and creating movies. She previously expressed that she would love to act again at some point. The only focus right now though is to reunite with Mossimo. It seems Lori will put everything on hold until Mossimo is home. She isn’t really thinking about anything else.’’
The Daily Mail says a low budget 1983 horror film, starring George Clooney, is going to be released. ''Grizzly II" never opened in theaters because it's special effects couldn't be completed. Clooney says he has no plans to see the film when it is released on January 8th. 'I haven’t seen it — and I don’t know that I want to. It was a bad time for hair and clothes. I have a sense I have found something that’s worse than Batman & Robin.''
Charlie Sheen and Laura Dern also star in the film.
The Daily Mail says Meghan Markle's half-sister, Samantha, is releasing a tell-all memoir next week. It is titled 'The Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister Part 1'. The 330-page book reveals hidden truths and secrets about Meghan, her family and the Royal Family.
We Got This Covered says a fourth ''Night at the Museum'' movie is in development. The website claims Ben Stiller wants Adam Sandler to star in the film. The franchise has earned over $1.3 billion at the box office
MovieWeb says a Rubik's Cube movie and game show are being developed. The game show would pit contestants against one another to see who can solve the cube the fastest. The movie would be about how Erno Rubik invented the Rubik's Cube.
Fox News says Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski is being hailed as a hero for helping a stranded motorist. Rob and his girlfriend were driving in their minivan when they spotted the man in need. They jumpstarted his car before Rob did a victory dance. He chanted, "Go Rob, go Rob, I did it! I did it!".
MovieWeb says The Rock was recently voted the "Most Likable Person in the World." He posted: "From being called a 'big complicated a** at 15yrs old (due to fighting that led to suspension) to now being called 'the most likable person in the world'... hey I made a little progress. True story - while I was 'serving my time' on my two week school suspension - I heard a quote that would actually help shape the rest of my life, perspective and work ethic - It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. And plus life is soooo much easier when you're not an a**."