Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- Deadline Hollywood says ‘’The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’’ has been canceled for another week as Colbert continues to recover from a ruptured appendix. CBS will be airing repeats instead.
- The Royal Mail says 77% of people still prefer physical Christmas cards, despite the rise in digital ones. The study also found that 89% of people display all their Christmas cards - News.com.au says McDonald's has unveiled a robot-run restaurant with no human staff. The futuristic location is in Australia and has self-service kiosks, digital menu boards and food delivered by robots. McDonald's hopes that this new concept will streamline their operations and provide a more efficient dining experience.
- China News Service says a giant snowman is under construction in Harbin, China. The snowman is 65 feet tall and is being made with 70,000 feet of snow.
- The Daily Mail says a British bartender is going viral because he created a divisive broccoli margarita. "The Broctail" is made with tequila, lime juice, olive oil, and sugar syrup
- The Daily Mail says a giant tortoise, named Jonathan, recently celebrated his 191st birthday on the island of Saint Helena. Jonathan is the oldest living land animal in the world and has witnessed numerous historical events throughout his long life. Despite being blind and without a sense of smell, Jonathan remains in good health.
Santa Shortage This Holiday Season: KCCI says a Santa shortage is currently occurring. Fewer people are interested in taking on the role, so current mall Santa’s are overwhelmed and double booked. The shortage is due to older Santa’s retiring and a lack of younger people willing to become Santa’s themselves.
WLKY says Taylor Swift's song "You're Losing Me" and Beyoncé's song "Virgo's Groove" could save your life. The American Heart Association says both songs have the right tempo for hands-only CPR, with 100-120 beats per minute. Singing or humming along to these songs can help you keep the correct rhythm while performing CPR. Other pop songs on the American Heart Association CPR playlist include Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" and Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk"
Page Six says Billie Eilish has gotten a new hip tattoo. The inking reads HARD in cursive.
Dua Lipa tells NME magazine that she used to struggle with confidence in her singing ability. "I used to be in the school choir and I really wanted to do ad-libs, but for some reason, I just couldn't. I've always had a really big voice, but I guess I never had the fearlessness to do it because I was like, 'I'm just going to miss all these big notes and everyone's going to laugh at me.' But now, when it comes to performing, if I hit a terrible note, I'll just laugh at myself and pretend it didn't happen."
Taylor Swift tells Rolling Stone magazine that she considers songwriting a form of armor. "I've always used songwriting as a way to offload emotions I didn't know what to do with. It's the way that I can form thoughts and processes as to how I should feel about something. And it's the way in which I can understand the things that have happened to me, or how I want to move on from those things. It's a really amazing tool for protection; just put your real feelings in songs, and leave some mystery so nobody really knows who it's about."
Ace Showbiz says Usher laughed off his failed attempt to serenade Mary J. Blige at his final Las Vegas residency show. During the performance, Usher approached Mary and tried to serenade her with his song "There Goes My Baby." She distanced herself and playfully pushed his hand away.
LOVEBSCOTT says Ashanti is allegedly pregnant with her and Nelly’s child. A source tells the website, "Nelly and Ashanti are welcoming their first baby together."
The New York Times says Brenda Lee's holiday classic, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," has reached the number #1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 chart after 65 years. The song, which Lee recorded when she was just 13, has always been overshadowed by Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You." Lee's renewed promotional efforts, including a new music video and TikTok account, finally propelled her to the top
WLTX says the University of South Carolina (USC) will be offering a class on Taylor Swift starting in the Spring of 2024. "Life is Just a Classroom: Taylors Version" will explore the impact Swift has had on communities worldwide. It will also teach students about branding, sales, sponsorships, and more. Professor Kate Blanton hopes to expand the curriculum to include other well-known artists and athletes in the future. The class is already full.
WLKY says Taylor Swift's song "You're Losing Me" and Beyoncé's song "Virgo's Groove" could save your life. The American Heart Association says both songs have the right tempo for hands-only CPR, with 100-120 beats per minute. Singing or humming along to these songs can help you keep the correct rhythm while performing CPR. Other pop songs on the American Heart Association CPR playlist include Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk", , Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation," Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and the Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive"
85 year-old Jane Fonda was recently doing an interview with the 'Absolutely Not' podcast when she allegedly said she will not date any men older than 20. She prefers younger partners because she doesn't like "old skin." Some Internet users wished her luck while others mocked her and said she will remain single for the rest of her life.
Thirsty for News says Tiger Woods is now considered a "bad apple" by women after his messy breakup with Erica Herman. Woods has gained a reputation as a womanizer. Women see him as trouble and are avoiding him because of his actions towards Herman. A source says, Tiger has this reputation as a total cheater, which he’ll never be able to shake. Add to that the way he just double-crossed Erica, and it’s not hard to see why women are avoiding him like the plague.“
OK! Magazine says Kelly Clarkson's friends are eager to set her up on dates following her divorce from Brandon Blackstock. Kelly is ready to get out there and have some fun. She's not in a rush to jump into a new relationship
Radar Online says Ken Jennings is allegedly worried that Mayim Bialik's return to "Jeopardy!" could mean the end of his reign as host. Bialik, who temporarily stepped away as host during the writer's strike, is set to reclaim her position. An insider says, "A triumphant return was always her plan. Ken's been less than popular on the set since she left and he's worried she'll wind up taking his place permanently. Ken got very cocky without Mayim there and demanded he be treated like a king. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way — including some of the decision makers! He's in a tough spot."
The News International says Leonardo DiCaprio is in love with model Vittoria Ceretti. A source tells the publication, "Leo was clearly very proud to be showing Vittoria off and letting everyone see how happy they are together." Another source says, “It’s going so well that Leo’s actually being exclusive and completely smitten. Vittoria is all he thinks about. She’s not intimidated by his fame at all — she even makes fun of it. Leo finds it refreshing.”
Holiday Overindulgence Survey
A new survey by Ohio State University reveals that holiday festivities often lead to unhealthy habits. Survey findings:
- 66% of people overindulge in food during the holidays
- 50% of people forgo exercise during the holidays
- 33% of people drink more alcohol during the holidays
A new survey by the dating app Bumble reveals the top dating trends for 2024.
- 59% of women are open to dating someone younger than them
- 25% of people value a partner who actively engages in politics and social causes
- 55% of singles feel pressure to constantly better themselves
Holiday Party Survey
A new survey by People Management reveals that 53% of employees will not be attending an office Christmas party this year. Other findings:
- 50% of businesses are worried about employees not being able to afford to attend their office holiday party
- 47% of businesses will not be throwing a holiday party this year
Top 5 Christmas Karaoke Songs … According to a new survey by Buzz Bingo
1. Last Christmas - Wham! (40% of respondents)
2. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard (32%)
3. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues (29%)
4. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey (27%)
5. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Michael Buble (18%)
Top 10 Most Fun Cities ... According to a new study by WalletHub … based on 65 key metrics.
1. Las Vegas
4. Atlanta, Georgia
5. San Francisco
6. New Orleans
10. New York City
My friends and I were out Christmas shopping on Saturday when we passed a psychic that was offering $10 readings. We went into the lady's shop and each got a reading. I had never been to a psychic before. She told me things about my boyfriend and was spot on about his issues, problems and past. This scared my friends and I because of how accurate she was. The psychic told me to end the relationship and move on. Normally, I would laugh if this happened to someone else, but it happened to me and now I'm contemplating whether or not I should listen to the psychic. Should I? She was accurate about everything she said. How did she know?