Todays: Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- TMZ says Kim Kardashian's SKIMS MENS line has been a huge success. The line broke website traffic records with 25,000 orders within the first 5 minutes of launching.
- A new survey by NBC reveals that 85% of people think the traditional wedding cake smash is a terrible idea.
- The Daily Mail says Richard Moll, best known for his role as Bull the bailiff on ‘’Night Court’’ from 1984 to 1992, has passed away at the age of 80. He died at his home in Big Bear Lake, California.
- The New York Times says couples are getting married at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado this Halloween. The hotel inspired Jack Nicholson's movie, The Shining.
- Glam says "Dial-Toning" is a new dating term and is defined as ‘when someone gives you their phone number, but then ignores you when you reach out’. It's similar to ghosting, but happens before a relationship develops.
- The Western Journal says CVS stores in Washington, D.C. are displaying framed portraits of products due to rampant theft. CVS has removed most of its items from its shelves and replaced them with photographs. Customers must press a button and wait for a sales associate to retrieve the items.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Five Nights at Freddy’s,” $78 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $20 million to produce. It made $52 million overseas)
2. “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour,” $14.7 million.
3. “Killers of the Flower Moon,” $9 million.
4. “After Death,” $5.1 million.
5. “The Exorcist: Believer,” $3.1 million.
RIP Matthew Perry: TMZ says "Friends" star Matthew Perry tragically died on Saturday at the age of 54. He drowned in his hot tub at his Los Angeles home. First responders were called for a cardiac arrest. Law enforcement officials found no sign of foul play. Matthew had posted a photo on Instagram just days before his death, showing him relaxing in a jacuzzi. Matthew struggled with addiction and health issues throughout his life.
OK! Magazine says multiple prescription drugs, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs, and a COPD drug were found in Perry's home. Authorities emphasized that no illegal drugs were found.
Matthew's family said: "We are heartbroken by the tragic loss of our beloved son and brother. Matthew brought so much joy to the world, both as an actor and a friend. You all meant so much to him and we appreciate the tremendous outpouring of love.''
The Daily Mail says Lisa Kudrow allegedly thinks Matthew Perry may have drowned after taking something that did not mix with warm water. The paper claims she is considering adopting his dog. The Daily Mail quotes a source close to Lisa as saying, ''Although no one wants to believe it was medication - prescribed or not - of course that is a thought in their minds. They are thinking he must have taken something that did not mix with the warm water.''
The Daily Mail says Gwyneth Paltrow paid tribute to Matthew yesterday with the following post, ''I met Matthew Perry in 1993 at the Williamstown Theater Festival in Massachusetts. We were both there for most of the summer doing plays. We drove out to swim in creeks, had beers in the local college bar, kissed in a field of long grass. It was a magical summer. He was nervous, hoping his big break was just around the corner. It was. We stayed friends for a while until we drifted apart, but I was always happy to see him when I did. I am super sad today, as so many of us are. I hope Matthew is at peace at long last. I really do.''
Entertainment Tonight says Matthew's autopsy has been conducted. No foul play is suspected in his death.
Yahoo News says the liner notes in Taylor Swift's new album, ‘’1989 (Taylor’s Version)’’, contain comments from her about her dating life.
The notes read, “The voices that had begun to shame me in new ways for dating like a normal young woman? I wanted to silence them. You see — in the years preceding this, I had become the target of slut shaming — the intensity and relentlessness of which would be criticized and called out if it happened today. The jokes about my amount of boyfriends. The trivialization of my songwriting as if it were a predatory act of a boy crazy psychopath. The media co-signing of this narrative. I had to make it stop because it was starting to really hurt.”
Us Weekly says Taylor Swift sent Patrick Mahomes' wife, Brittany Mahomes, a special gift to celebrate the release of her album "1989 (Taylor's Version)."Brittany shared her excitement on Instagram, showing off the limited-edition cardigan and vinyl record she received.
Page Six says Taylor Swift's fans believe her re-recorded version of ‘Is It Over Now?’ is about Harry Styles. She calls the man in the song a ‘lying traitor’. The song also mentions wearing a blue dress on a boat. In 2013, Taylor was photographed with Harry while wearing a blue dress on a boat. She looked dejected and had black sunglasses on.
LADBible says Adele paused her Vegas show to pay tribute to Friends star Matthew Perry who tragically passed away at the age of 54. Adele called Chandler Bing the "best comedic character of all time" and expressed her sadness at never having met him. She also praised his openness about his struggles with addiction and sobriety.
People magazine says Adele dressed in gothic attire for her Halloween show in Las Vegas. She wore a long, black gown with a vampire-neck collar and a silver belt. Adele completed her spooky look with smokey eyes and a long wig. Fans compared her outfit to Morticia Addams from The Addams Family.
Britney Spears tells The Blast that she has written a new song and is excited for her fans to hear it. She also expressed her desire for a fresh start and a better future, leaving her past behind.
Page Six says Lance Bass has urged fans to forgive Justin Timberlake following the release of Britney Spears' memoir. Bass believes that everyone deserves to tell their story and that fans should follow Britney's lead and forgive. Timberlake is reportedly "not happy" with the book's revelations and has not reached out to Spears since its release.
The Sun says the Spice Girls are set to earn $1 million each from their upcoming Netflix documentary
Miley Cyrus tells The Sunday Mirror newspaper that she is "in awe" of Billie Eilish and wants to work with her. Cyrus is impressed by Eilish's authenticity
The Daily Mail says Adele is "desperate" to have another baby. She told fans in Vegas, "My womb is starting to ache a little bit. It's like, 'Baby, baby, baby. Need a baby, need a baby'."
WXIA says a Coweta County, Georgia family has created a massive Halloween display dedicated to Taylor Swift. Bryan and Stacey Dunn have 55 animatronic skeletons singing along to Taylor's music. The display has been a hit with the neighborhood.
Life & Style Weekly says Travis Kelce promised Taylor Swift that they wouldn't have a fling. He can see himself marrying her. Travis, who met Taylor's parents and bought a new home for their future, is serious about their relationship and wants to have kids in the next year or so. Taylor's friends believe Travis is the one, and are predicting an engagement by New Year's Eve.
Radar Online says Taylor Swift believes she's found the man of her dreams in Travis Kelce. She's eager to make their relationship permanent and wants a ring. Taylor is impressing Travis' family and friends and sees herself as an NFL wife. She thinks Travis checks all the boxes and is ready to get married and start a family. A source says, "Taylor's done with self-serving actors and singers. She looks at Travis and sees the American hero she's been searching for all along. She can totally see herself as an NFL wife. This is fate coming to rescue her from all those losers she's kissed in the past. Taylor's always wanted a wholesome high school athlete type and Travis checks the box big-time. He has so many qualities she likes, and she's thrilled he comes from a solid, family-oriented background, just like her, and she's absolutely blown away by his parents. She adores them already!"
NBC says illusionist David Copperfield recently announced his plans to make the moon disappear. He has been working on the trick for 30 years and will collaborate with the organization Save the Children to make it happen. Copperfield is giving some people the chance to witness the moon vanishing live.
The International News says Kelly Clarkson has shared the secret to her drastic weight loss. Kelly did not use Ozempic and instead focused on her diet and fitness. She cut out sugar, carbs, soda, chips, biscuits, cheese, and tortillas while adding cardio exercise to her day. As a result, Kelly has lost 40 pounds and feels amazing.
TMZ says Magic Johnson recently became a billionaire. The former basketball player's net worth is $1.2 billion. Johnson's wealth comes from various investments, including a 60% stake in a life insurance company called EquiTrust, as well as ownership stakes in sports teams and other ventures. He joins LeBron James, Tiger Woods, and Michael Jordan as the other sports billionaires.
The New York Post says a pair of Britney Spears' iconic "Daisy Dukes" shorts are going to be auctioned off next month. The faded denim shorts are estimated to be worth $2,000 and are expected to spark a bidding war among superfans at the auction.
Page Six says Britney Spears’ fans are flooding Jessica Biel's Instagram after Justin Timberlake turned off the comments section on his page. Biel, who is married to Timberlake, has been receiving backlash from fans for allegedly dismissing Spears' traumas. Some fans have defended Biel, while others have criticized her for staying with Timberlake. Timberlake has not yet addressed the claims made in Spears' book.
Entertainment Tonight says Paris Hilton had 45 wedding dresses for her wedding day.Her princess-like gown by Oscar de la Renta was one of her favorites. She tried to wear as many of the custom-made gowns as possible because she had so many options available to her.
The NY Post says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's former residence, Windsor Castle, is reportedly haunted by the ghosts of King Henry VIII, George III, Elizabeth I, and the Queen Mother. Queen Elizabeth II's sister, Princess Margaret, saw ghosts in the castle. Other haunted royal residences in the UK include Buckingham Palace, Balmoral Castle, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, Frogmore Cottage, Sandringham House, and St. James’s Palace.
Fun Facts About Your Favorite Halloween Candy ... According to new article by Inspire More
1. "Child's Play" has been the best-selling candy assortment since 1986.
2. Kids worldwide have sent over 20,000 letters to Tootsie Roll reporting how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
3. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are the number one selling candy for Halloween.
4. Consumers in the United States purchase about 90 million pounds of candy for Halloween, totaling over 4.6 billion dollars in sales.
5. Candy corn has been around since the 1880s and was originally called "Chicken Feed."
6. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat, Snickers, and M&Ms are some of the favorite candies in most states.
7. "Fun Size" candy bars were first produced in the 1960s by Mars.
8. Tootsie Rolls were used in wartime field ration kits during World War II.
9. Japan has over 350 flavors of Kit Kats, including unique ones like wasabi and chili.
10. Circus Peanuts are rated the worst Halloween candy, although some people still enjoy them.
Top 10 Jobs Most Likely To Cheat... According to a new survey by RANT Casino
1. Sales - 14.5%
2. Teacher, training, and education - 13.7%
3. Healthcare - 12.5%
4. Transport and logistics - 9.8%
5. Hospitality and events management - 7.7%
6. Engineering and manufacturing - 6.6%
7. Property and construction - 5.5%
8. Accountancy, banking, and finance - 5.4%
9. Information technology - 4.6%
10. Armed Forces - 4%
Top 10 Jobs Least Likely To Cheat... According to a new survey by RANT Casino
1. Science and pharmaceuticals - 0.1%
2. Business, consulting, and management - 0.1%
3. Law enforcement and security - 0.2%
4. Creative arts and design - 0.4%
5. Media and internet - 0.5%
6. Law/Legal - 0.5%
7. Environment and agriculture - 0.6%
8. Marketing, advertising, and PR - 0.9%
9. Public services and administration - 1.3%
10. Retail - 1.4%
Top 10 Spookiest States ... According to a new article by Vivent
1. California 2. Texas 3. Pennsylvania 4. Michigan 5. Ohio 6. New York 7. Illinois 8. Indiana 9. Florida 10. Massachusetts
My husband and I went to a Halloween costume party over the weekend. All of our friends were there. Most of us had too much to drink before a game of Truth or Dare started. We were wearing our costumes when we were playing. My husband accepted a dare and kissed another woman. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We argued the entire way home in the Uber and all day yesterday. I told him he was wrong and that he should have never accepted the dare. He said he was drunk, it was a costume party, and meant nothing. I was totally embarrassed so it was far from nothing. He says I'm overreacting. Am I? Was the fact we were at a party and drunk a valid excuse for what he did?