Today's Best of Calls with Fonseca:
- NFL Playoff Scores: KC 17, Baltimore 10 and San Fran 34, Detroit 31. KC and San Fran will now play in the Super Bowl on Sunday February 11th-
The Daily Mail says the Super Bowl will be the 13th Chiefs game Taylor Swift attends this year. ‘13’ is her lucky number. Swift has a concert in Japan on the night before the Super Bowl. After her concert, she may take a 17 hour flight to Las Vegas for the Big Game
- ESPN says the San Francisco 49ers had puppy therapy before their NFC Championship Game against Detroit. Players George Kittle and Chase Young cuddled the furry animals
- WFTV says a Kansas City Chiefs fan in Liberty, Missouri recently transformed vintage Cabbage Patch dolls into members of the Kelce family and Taylor Swift.Teresa Henderson made Kelce brothers dolls and hopes to get Travis’ signature and possibly even Swift's autograph.
- The New York Post says Jay Leno filed for a conservatorship over his wife, Mavis, after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The couple, who have been married for over four decades, do not have any children.
- Disney Dining says a Pirates of the Caribbean theme park is coming in 2025. The theme park will be located on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Vincent where parts of the first Pirates movie was filmed. The park will include a restaurant, a pool, and more
- WJW says activists recently threw soup at the Mona Lisa painting at the Louvre Museum in Paris. The activists were advocating for a sustainable food system. Two people were arrested
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “The Beekeeper,” $7.4 million.
2. “Mean Girls,” $7.3 million.
3. “Wonka,” $5.9 million.
4. “Migration,” $5.1 million.
5. “Anyone But You,” $4.8 million.
BroBible says a Taylor Swift fan from Pakistan has set a new Guinness World Record by identifying 34 of her songs in one minute. Bilal Jhandir spent 13 weeks preparing for the challenge. He studied the lyrics of Swift's top 50 best-selling songs.
The News International says Dua Lipa's friends approve of her budding romance with Callum Turner. A source says, “She loves how ambitious Callum is, Things are still new, but her friends are giving this relationship a huge thumbs-up.’’
Paul Russell tells Range magazine that he wants his music to be an escape and a soundtrack for the good things in life. "For me, a lot of that is the fact that my music is so optimistic and happy in a time when I think there’s not as much of that being made. Music should make you happy and make all your problems go away for a while. My music should be the soundtrack for everything that is good in your life."
Tate McRae tells Variety magazine that she's earned everything she's achieved."Some people think I've been handed everything. I’m like, I’ve been grinding since 13 years old! Everything I've gotten, I've worked my [tail] off for."
Taylor Swift tells PageSix.com that she's taken all of the excitement that's come from her relationship with Travis Kelce in stride. “I knew as soon as we were seen together that this thing was going to explode. I also knew that we would never be able to keep this private since we're both so in the public eye. So we're just trying to take this one day at a time and have fun while we're doing it. And we're trying to ignore what everyone's saying about us. It's all background noise.”
Country Now says Jelly Roll’s wife, Bunnie XO, is set to release a tell-all book about her life. The book will cover her relationship with Jelly Roll, her experience as a high-end escort, and her escape from an abusive relationship.
Jelly Roll tells CBS that he responds more to his nickname than his actual name.“My mom started calling me Jelly Roll, and before long everyone was calling me that instead of Jason. My mom still calls me Jelly. If somebody walked in here right now and said, 'Jason,' I wouldn't look up.”
Radar Online says Taylor Swift spent $70,000 on high-end champagne for Travis Kelce's post-playoff game party. Swift reportedly purchased 40 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose 2006 worth $1,400 each and ten bottles of Louis Roederer Cristal worth $2,800 each. A source says, "Taylor and her team want to get ready for the possibility of the Chiefs writing another page in their fantastic recent history.’’
Front Office Sports says Taylor Swift has generated $331 million in brand value for the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL this season. The Apex Marketing Group’s calculation includes the value of print, digital, radio, TV, highlights, and social media mentions of Swift cheering on Travis Kelce at Chiefs games.
The NY Post says Travis Kelce's father, Ed Kelce, didn't recognize Taylor Swift when she visited Travis' home. Ed didn't know Swift's name and called himself an "idiot". “‘Oh my god, I know this kid, but I don’t know what her name is.’Jeez, you know, like a real idiot. And [my girlfriend] says, ‘You don’t know her? This is Taylor Swift, you idiot.'” Ed admires Swift and her down-to-earth attitude.
The Daily Mail says Ryan Gosling is refusing to give up his Oscar nomination in solidarity with his ‘’Barbie’’ co-star Margot Robbie. Many think she got snubbed. A source says, “He refuses to be swayed by what anyone is saying online despite identifying with the sentiments. Ryan is honored that he has been nominated and the film has been nominated. In the chance he does win or if he performs I’m Just Ken, he will honor Margot and Greta in one way or another.”
OK! Magazine says Brad Pitt is allegedly hyper-committed to his sobriety because of his girlfriend, Ines de Ramon. A source says, "Brad and Ines have a Zen room with aromatherapy diffusers and sound bowls. Sometimes there’s an instructor but sometimes it’s just the two of them. The mind-centering practice has helped decrease his anxiety. He’s hyper-committed to his sobriety and knows if he falls off the wagon, the implications could extend to his family and the producing business he’s spent 20 years building.”
The Daily Star says Sharon Stone has been using dating apps like Tinder and Bumble. She says, “I met a heroin addict who’s clearly 20,000 heroin injections later than the picture he sent me. It's not like I can fake it.
The National Enquirer says Bradley Cooper's mom is allegedly causing trouble in his relationship with Gigi Hadid. A source tells the magazine, "Bradley's relationship with Gigi is facing an unforeseen hurdle with Gloria, who insists on being a constant presence during their romantic outings. While he’s made it clear that his mother holds a special place in his life, her interference is causing tension in the romance”
Celebretainment says Drew Barrymore was catfished on a dating app by a man who claimed to be a football star. She said, "This guy on my app said he was the quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams, so I wrote to him and I was like, 'Oh my god, I went to the first practice game. I was so frustrated being a girl from Los Angeles who loves football and we didn't have any teams and then I moved away to New York and then we got two teams and it's nice to meet you, my name is Drew. He was not the quarterback for the L.A. Rams. He was a musician who thought he was being cute. How should I feel about this?"
TMZ says Michael B. Jordan's crashed Ferrari is being auctioned off for a minimum price of $58,000. The wrecked sports car hasn't undergone any repairs. The auction ends on February 8th
Top 5 Biggest Turn-Offs On Dating Apps ... According to a new article by The Bury Times
1. Only having group pictures
2. Asking "What are you looking for?"
3. Only having gym selfies
4. Saying "I don't use this, add me on Instagram"
5. Lying about age.
Personality Profile - What Your Favorite Dating App Says About You … According to a new article by The Post Athens.
If Tinder is your go-to dating app … you likely thrive off attention and compliments, struggle with rejection, and prioritize physical attraction in dating.
Hinge users … value trust and vulnerability, enjoy the entertainment of uncertain responses, and are patient and selective.
Bumble users … are either shy, introverted guys or bold, independent women who value their autonomy and prefer to get to know someone before the first date.
Match.com users are … patient, adventurous and prioritize quality over quantity
Top 10 Traveler Pet Peeves ... According to a new report by Going.com
1. Openly sick passengers without masks
2. Not using headphones to listen to music
3. Messing with the seat in front of you or reclining at inopportune times
4. Awkwardly grabbing the headrest
5. Taking off shoes
6. Hogging the middle armrest
7. Standing up as soon as the flight lands
8. Talking when you clearly don't want to engage (3% of travelers)
9. Not closing kitchen drawers
10. Not putting down the toilet seat.
A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 59% of parents financially assist their adult children age 18 to 34. Other findings:
- Only 45% of young adults are financially independent from their parents.
- 57% of young adults, between the ages of 18 and 24, live at home with their parents.
- 68% of young adults go to their parents for financial advice.
10 Most Annoying Things People Do At Grocery Stores ... According to a new article by KHON.
1. Tailgate while walking
2. Don't return shopping carts
3. Block the aisle with their cart
4. Cut in line
5. Leave perishable items out
6. Talk loudly on the phone
7. Take too long at the register
8. Ignore social distancing guidelines
9. Squeeze the fruits/vegetables without buying them
10. Sample food without permission.
My husband and I had a heated argument over the weekend about being too comfortable with one another. The argument started after my husband went to the bathroom with the door open. He says once a couple is comfortable they have total trust in one another. I think that's a total cop out and a bunch of BS. I think once a couple gets comfortable they stop giving maximum effort and things go downhill from there. I think they stop surprising one another with romantic gestures and small things that mean a lot. I think being comfortable leads to couples taking each other for granted. What's your opinion on this? Agree with me or him?