Fonseca Show Best Calls:
- A new survey by One Poll reveals that 25% of children will be regularly late for school this year.
- The Daily Dot says Starbucks Baristas are upset with customers because they have been going through the drive-thru with their wipers on when it's raining. The Baristas are getting spritzed with rain water from the wipers.
- The Sun says Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are back for a limited time. The Cheerios are made with real pumpkin puree, cinnamon, clothes and nutmeg. A large box is selling for $4.50
- People magazine says Dairy Queen is bringing back their Pumpkin Pie Blizzard on August 28th. The treat contains pumpkin pie pieces blended with vanilla soft serve, whipped cream, and nutmeg. It will be DQ's "Blizzard of the Month" throughout September
- Chew Boom says Hungry Howie's is celebrating its 50th anniversary by introducing a Secret Menu with new pizza options. The menu includes a $12 Tie Dye pizza with edible glitter. The pizzeria is also featuring a Ghost pepper-flavored crust called the Disco Inferno Crust
- Trend Hunter says Sneak Energy is launching a line of caffeinated popsicles.They come in Electric Mango and Raspberry Lemonade flavors. A box of 12 costs $15
- NBC says Chick-fil-A is launching a new chicken sandwich on August 28th.Their chicken patty is going to be topped with jalapenos, honey and pimento cheese.
- The New York Post says Tesla recently launched less expensive versions of their Model S sedan and Model X SUV. Both vehicles have shorter driving ranges of 320 miles and 269 miles, respectively. The Model S costs $78,490 while the Model X costs $88,490
- Distractify says the Egg Crack Challenge is trending on Tik Tok. It involves women quickly cracking eggs on their husband's heads. The husbands are shown in videos looking confused and somewhat entertained.
BEST JOB EVER - Get Paid To Taste Snacks: FinanceBuzz is hiring a new ‘employee’ to taste-test popular foods from Buc-ee's roadside convenience stores. The job pays $1,000 and includes $250 to cover the cost of snacks and merchandise.
The new employee will eat …
Buc-ee’s Beaver Nuggets
Sweet and savory kolaches
Buc-ee’s Lemon Crisps
Buc-ee’s Gummi Bears
Biscuits and gravy
** Google ‘FinanceBuzz Buc-ee’s’ to apply for the job
Unilad says Taylor Swift is making $13 million a night from her concert tour. Fans are paying an average of $245 per ticket to see Taylor
The Las Vegas Review-Journal says Post Malone is going to perform on the Las Vegas strip on New Year's Eve.
The Daily Mail says Adele recently helped a couple announce their baby's gender during a concert in Las Vegas. The couple held up a sign asking Adele to do their gender reveal. Adele read the envelope and announced the couple is having a baby boy. She was emotional and hugged the happy couple.
Selena Gomez tells People magazine that she's accepted that there is no balance in her life. "I don't think balance is consistent for me because of my lifestyle. The older I've gotten, the more I've understood that this is my job and this is what I want to do with my life, so I want to enjoy it. Maybe when I get older, I'll be different, but who I am — my work ethic, my life — is this: the hustle. And I get bored. I just want to do so many cool things with so many awesome people."
David Guetta tells Billboard magazine that growing up in Paris shaped who he is."Well I grew up in Paris, and that definitely shaped me. To be growing up in the capital, that already shapes you, and it’s one of the capitals of fashion and art and cool. That definitely had a massive influence on me."
Billboard magazine says Arizona State University is offering a course called ‘’Psychology of Taylor Swift – Advanced Topics of Social Psychology’’. The class is being taught by PhD student Alexandra Wormley. She says, “The course is basically using Taylor Swift as a semester-long example of different phenomena — gossip, relationships, revenge. The class is not a seminar on how much we like or dislike her — we want to be able to learn about psychology.”
The Daily Mail says Tom Brady and Irina Shayk were recently spotted at a London hotel. They spent Sunday and Monday together before leaving yesterday through a side entrance. Tom and Irina tried to disguise themselves from the paparazzi by wearing sunglasses
AceShowbiz says Margot Robbie was recently offered $315,000 to sell pictures of her feet. The offer came from a woman named Liz. It read; "Dear Margot, My name is Liz and I make thousands selling feet pics on Fun With Feet… I also look a lot like you. Barbie is all women, but we really are Barbie - Stereotypical Barbie, anyway. I would love to collaborate with you on some Barbie-inspired content that'll earn us both millions. Plus, Fun with Feet are offering to pay you $315K as a starting bonus. If I'm right, we'll be able to capitalize on our likeness - and the world's obsession with all-things Barbie - to no end, all thanks to our feet!"
USA TODAY says Halle Berry recently celebrated her 57th birthday with a Barbie-themed party. Her daughter and boyfriend joined her at the World of Barbie exhibit in Santa Monica. Berry and her family dressed in matching Barbie-inspired outfits. Berry’s outfit, a pink slip dress with a feather neckline, bedazzled cowboy boots and a heart-shaped rainbow purse, is going viral
Geo TV says Katie Holmes has no desire to get back together with Jamie Foxx.Foxx allegedly tried to reconnect with her after recovering from his stroke. A source tells the news outlet, "It is hard to imagine Katie wanting to revisit this romance. Jamie is hoping at the very least she'll allow him back into her life. There is a possibility that Holmes would reconsider her views about Foxx as time's been a great healer. He just wants nothing but peace and love with everyone right now.’’
The Daily Mirror says Meghan Markle's show, ‘’Suits’’, recently experienced a surge in popularity on Netflix. The show broke download records, leading to speculation about Meghan's possible return to acting. Her agents say acting will not be a future area of focus for her.
The Daily Mail says Elon Musk recently went to Mark Zuckerberg's Palo Alto, California home for a practice MMA fight. Zuckerberg was traveling and not home. His spokesperson said, "Mark takes this sport seriously and isn’t going to fight someone who randomly shows up at his house."
Giant Freakin Robot says a new snake species, found in Peru, was recently named after Harrison Ford. The snake, Tachymenoides harrisonfordi, is slender, 16 inches long, and has a pale yellowish-brown tint with black blotches. Researchers named it after Ford because of his dedication to environmental causes. Ford also has ants and a spider named after him
Harrison says, “These scientists keep naming critters after me, but it’s always the ones that terrify children. I don’t understand. I spend my free time cross-stitching. I sing lullabies to my basil plants, so they won’t fear the night.”
In Touch Weekly says Brad Pitt is enjoying his “ultra-private” relationship with Ines de Ramon. A source tells the magazine, "You could say they’re pretty much living together at his homes in L.A. and in Europe, but it’s not like Ines has given up her own home here, not yet anyway. Brad and Ines haven’t gotten to that official stage just yet, but it’s just a matter of time.”
Cinema Blend says the "Barbie" movie has been banned in Algeria for "damaging morals." The film had been showing for several weeks before the ban. An insider says the ban was due to the movie not complying with Algeria's religious beliefs. The film has previously been banned in Lebanon, Kuwait, and Vietnam.
ESPN reports that Michael Oher, the football player whose life inspired the movie "The Blind Side," claims his adoptive family lied about adopting him to make money off of him. Oher alleges that the Tuohy family never adopted him, but instead tricked him into signing a document that made them his conservators. This gave them legal authority over his business deals. The Tuohys allegedly made millions from the film, while Oher received nothing.
** UPDATE **
TMZ says the Tuohy family claims Michael Oher tried to shake them down for $15 million before making allegations about them in court.
Their family attorney, Marty Singer, denies all allegations from Oher's court filing. Singer says the conservatorship was established to help Oher with various needs. He claims the Tuohys have shared any earnings from "The Blind Side" with him. "The notion that a couple worth hundreds of millions of dollars would connive to withhold a few thousand dollars from anyone defies belief."
Four-Day Work Week Survey
A new survey by ResumeBuilder reveals that 80% of office workers believe a 4-day work week would improve their productivity. Other findings:
- 94% of people say they would be 'somewhat' or 'very' enthusiastic about switching to a 4-day work week
- 36% of people in favor of switching schedules would be willing to take a pay cut for a 4-day schedule
- 82% of people say they would be 'somewhat' or 'highly' likely to switch jobs if they were offered a 4-day work week
- 96% of people in favor of a 4-day work week say it would 'somewhat' or 'vastly' improve their work-life balance
A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 32% of Americans have a tattoo while 22% have more than one. Other findings:
- 38% of women have at least one tattoo, compared with 27% of men
- 41% of adults, under 30, have at least one tattoo, as do 46% of people, ages 30 to 49
- 37% of those with some college or less education have a tattoo, compared with 24% of those with a bachelor’s degree and 21% of those with a postgraduate degree
A new survey by Invisalign reveals that 33% of people don't show their teeth in wedding photos because they are embarrassed by their smile. Other findings:
32% of people say they wish they could have changed their partner's appearance on their wedding day
70% of married people say they didn't enjoy their wedding day because they were stressed
My boyfriend and I are planning to get married. Our friends tell us pre-marital counseling is a waste of time. One of my friends suggested my fiance and I do a polygraph test where we ask each other 10 to 20 questions. He immediately shot down the idea. I told him I want to know everything there is especially about his past. He says the past is in the past and we should leave it there. My friends tell me that this is a huge red flag. They say if my boyfriend had nothing to hide he would take the test and prove that he is a good guy. What do you think about taking a polygraph test before marriage? Good idea or bad idea? Do you think my boyfriend is hiding something? What would you do if you were me? I'm starting to get cold feet.