- WGN TV says millions of Baby Shark toys are being recalled because their plastic fins are potentially hazardous and could impale children if they fall on them. Parents are being asked to toss the toys or return them for a refund
- ABC says an asteroid is going to pass by Earth on Saturday. The rock is 840 ft long. The asteroid will be 4 million miles away from Earth when it passes
- Chain Store Age magazine says Overstock.com is buying Bed Bath & Beyond's name for $21.5 million. It also gets its digital and intellectual assets. The actual Bed Bath & Beyond stores are not included in the sale
- TechCrunch says the Bumble dating app is testing a new BFF app so people can find friends. The app's description reads, “With Bumble For Friends, you can chat, meet new people, and make friends in a community focused on kindness and safety. Whether you’re new to your area or just looking to expand your circle, Bumble For Friends is the easiest way to make new friends and find community.'' The free app will debut in the U.S. later this year
- A new survey by One Poll reveals that 73% of people say the exterior of someone's home influences their level of attraction to them. 86% of people equate being able to take care of the outside of your home to being able to take care of a partner
- Chewboom says Kraft Singles is selling Kraft Singles Apple Pie. The mini apple pies are baked with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and Kraft Singles Cheese. The golden crust is then topped with a cheese slice. The pies cost $10.95.
- Radar Online says Kevin Costner's estranged wife, Christine, wants him to give her $150,000 so she can hire a forensic accountant to review his finances. She and her lawyer claim they have few details about the 15 businesses Kevin owns.
- Giant Freakin Robot says Jennifer Lopez is allegedly going to star in the Anaconda reboot. She starred in the original in 1997. Nicholas Cage, Pedro Pascal and Paul Rudd are also in talks to star in the film.
Imploded Titan Sub Found: TMZ says the lost Titanic tourist submarine was found yesterday by an expedition company. All five passengers were killed because the Titan imploded. The submarine was found 1,600 ft from the bow of the Titanic. The Titan was in five pieces when the rescue crew found it. Titan's CEO, Stockton Rush, was piloting the sub. A billionaire was also on board.
Titanic Families Slam "Disgusting" Tours: The Daily Beast says relatives of the victims of the 1912 Titanic disaster are disgusted that the site of the wreckage has been treated like a tourist attraction. John Locascio, who lost his uncles on the ship, believes the OceanGate tragedy never would have happened if they had simply left the Titanic alone. He says, "They died a horribly tragic death. Just leave the bodies resting. I think it's disgusting, quite honestly. What do you want to look at, you want to ogle? I want the tours to stop, to be perfectly honest. There's no sense of it. You're going down to see a grave. Would you want to dig up your uncles or aunts to see the box?"
Officials announced yesterday that the crew of the OceanGate vessel touring the Titanic wreckage are presumed dead. The New York Times says the wife of OceanGate's CEO is also a descendant of two Titanic victims. The CEO was among those killed after the submersible went missing.
NBC says Brazil is cracking down on scalpers ahead of Taylor Swift's concerts there. A new law, called the Taylor Swift Law, makes scalping Taylor's tickets a crime and punishable by up to four years in prison
Miley Cyrus tells Vogue magazine that she used to feel guilty for some of the things she did. “I carried some guilt and shame around myself for years because of how much controversy and upset I really caused. I thought I was a bad person. Then I realized it was the people who judged me for the things I did who were at fault. I was able to forgive myself and move on. They're the ones who are still stuck on things I did years ago."
Selena Gomez tells Rolling Stone magazine that she hasn't ruled out having children. "The odds of me having my own children are low due to the medications I'm on. But there are other ways to have kids. I believe if I am meant to have children, an avenue will open for me to have them."
The International News says Adele forgot the lyrics to ''I Drink Wine'' during one of her Vegas residency shows. She screamed, "I forgot the lyrics. Bloody hell!" Adele then asked a front row fan to help her with the lyric. She said, "Alright, let's reset and start that one again, shall we?"
Post Malone tells Rolling Stone magazine that he still has a hard time making Tik Tok videos. "It's so hard for me to make something natural on there. Like I want to produce it down to the second to make it sound perfect. I'm not one of those guys who can just record something in the heat of the moment and post it."
Radar Online claims Al Pacino has no plans to marry the mother of his newborn child, Noor Alfallah. A source tells the website, “He doesn’t want to do the whole baby thing at his age with the 4 a.m. feedings, diaper changings and all, Meanwhile, he’s not going to marry Noor but would like to come to a financial settlement with her and arrange to spend time with the child. And that’s where Beverly comes in.”
Harrison Ford tells Variety magazine that he has no plans to retire even though he turns 81 next month. “I don’t. I don’t do well when I don’t have work. I love to work. I love to feel useful. It’s my jones. I want to be helpful”
Outkick magazine says exotic dancers are performing for striking Hollywood writers.The writers have been picketing outside of movie and TV studios. Exotic dancers, who are part of the Actor's Equity Union, recently showed up with portable poles. They danced to entertain and show their support for their fellow union members. Some of the exotic dancers are striking writers themselves
Sarah Jessica Parker tells Glamour magazine that there is a reason her ''Sex and the City'' character, Carrie Bradshaw, never has manicured nails. She says, “Carrie’s a writer, so she would have been typing originally on a proper typewriter. She would have learned typing in high school, and she was a practical writer and a necessary writer and a romantic writer.”
People magazine says Adam Sandler melted hearts yesterday when he wished his wife a happy wedding anniversary with the following post. "Happy 20th my sweet Jackie! Your 'I do' was the best gift of my life, My heart has been yours since the first second I saw you and I love and appreciate your devoted soul more and more each day. Us. The kids. Lets keep going and going babe. Lots of love to give you. Always."
Tom Hanks tells People magazine that he does not want the Oakland A's moving to Las Vegas. "We've lost the Raiders, the Warriors moved to San Francisco, and now they're going to take the A's out of Oakland. A's fans are the greatest fans in all of baseball."
The New York Post says Tom Brady is redesigning the $17 million Miami mansion he purchased with Gisele Bundchen in 2020. He has scrapped their plans and is now going with his own. Tom has taken out a $35 million construction loan for the waterfront mansion. The new plans call for a health club, a cabana, a pool and a sports court.
Chris Hemsworth tells Wrestling Headlines that he hopes to still play Hulk Hogan in a biopic about the wrestler. ''Let’s hope. I don’t know what’s happening with it at the moment, but there’s a good story there. I’d love to tell it. I know Todd Phillips has been deep in the world of The Joker, but we’ve had conversations, and yeah, fingers crossed.''
WHAT GIVES A HOME CURB APPEAL? … According to a new survey by One Poll
Neatly trimmed yard – 67%
Trimmed hedges – 65%
Clean walkways/driveways – 64%
Blooming garden – 55%
Lush lawn – 53%
Clean siding – 52%
Porch seating – 50%
Clear gutters – 49%
Garden lights – 48%
A stone walkway – 43%
A new fence – 41%
A new mailbox – 31%
Dating Survey A new survey by Lovehoney reveals that 73% of singles want to stay single this Summer. Other findings:
- 66% of people prefer to be in a relationship during the Winter
- 47% of people want to stay single and dating
TOP 7 STRESSORS … According to a new survey by Nutrisystem
General health - 36%
The amount of money made - 36%
Job worries - 34%
Family/kids - 31%
Events coming up in the near future - 29%
Weight - 26%
Romantic relationships - 17%
Woman's $20 Thrift Store Wedding Dress Is Worth $3K
The NY Post says TikTok user Olivia recently found a brand new $3,000 wedding dress at a thrift shop. It was priced at $20. The bride-to-be initially left the store because she wasn't sure if she wanted to buy it. She quickly returned to the shop after her TikTok followers encouraged her to make the purchase. Olivia is still debating whether or not to keep the stunning dress or sell it. The gown still has its original tags. Olivia says, "I’m getting married on the beach and it's a little bit too glam for me, but I do love it if I can't find anything. A few people asked me if I'd be interested in selling it to them. I would love to pass this along as long as you pay for shipping."