Today's Best of Calls:
- Uproxx says Will Ferrell is in talks to play John Madden in a new biopic about the former coach and announcer's life. The movie is going to be titled ''Madden''
- The Daily Star says Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez could marry in space aboard his Blue Origin rocket. It takes 10 minutes to get to space aboard Jeff's rocket.
- The NY Post says Johnny Depp and his band have postponed their tour because he suffered a fractured ankle. His doctor has advised him not to travel
- The USA Today newspaper says King Charles honored the late Tina Turner by having the Welsh Guards Band play ''Simply the Best'' outside of Buckingham Palace.
- The Daily Mail says ''Little Mermaid'' star Hallie Bailey went to see the film in a disguise this past weekend. She wore a coronavirus mask and black sunglasses as she walked into the theater holding a bucket of popcorn.
- Kaley Cuoco tells Emmy magazine that her two month old daughter, Matilda, has acting in her genes. “It’s in her genes; I don’t know how she won't. The child already thinks she’s the star of everything.”
- The NY Post says the Jersey Shore, home to Snooki, The Situation and the other stars of the MTV show, have banned alcohol from their beaches and boardwalk.Local officials want to cut down on complaints about drunks and marijuana smokers. Violators are facing $2,000 fines and 90 days in jail. Locals say drunk tourists are fueling crime in the area
- Jay Leno tells the NY Post that only one thing would make him retire from stand-up comedy. ''A stroke. Then you slow down. That’s when you retire — when you have your stroke.”
- Mint Magazine says Blockbuster Video recently jabbed Netflix and their new password sharing policy. They posted; ''A friendly reminder that when you used to rent videos from us. We didn’t care who you shared it with… As long as you returned it on time. @netflix''
- Ultimate Guitar says Queen is in talks to sell their music catalog for $1 billion.Music companies and private equity firms plan to bid on the amazing catalog.
- People magazine says Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has been dating actress Hailee Steinfeld for several weeks. The couple was recently spotted in New York city.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results. They are the four-day holiday total for Friday - Monday (Source: Rotten Tomatoes)
1. “The Little Mermaid,” $121 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $250 million to produce.)
2. “Fast X,” $28.6 million.
3. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” $26.6 million.
4. “The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” $8.3 million.
5. “The Machine,” $5.8 million.
6. “About My Father," $5.2 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $29 million to produce)
The Sun says Matt Healy is planning to move in with Taylor Swift. A source tells the newspaper, “He and Taylor are so loved up and want to spend as much time together as they can. Matty has already told the 1975 team that he’ll be doing all the band demos in America for the foreseeable. He will work on his parts for their collaboration while she is on tour and has scheduled time to attend select shows to gather inspiration for her next album. Matty is Joe 2.0 — her superstar status doesn’t faze him in the slightest.”
Taylor Swift tells Elle magazine that there's no shame in cutting toxic people out of your life. "You only have so much room in your life and so much energy to give to those in it. Be discerning. If someone in your life is hurting you, draining you, or causing you pain in a way that feels unresolvable, blocking their number isn't cruel. It’s just a simple setting on your phone that will eliminate drama if you so choose to use it."
Miley Cyrus tells People magazine that she knew she wanted to be an entertainer early in life. "We went to see a production of "Mama Mia" when I was really young. I grabbed my dad's arm and said 'This is what I want to do, daddy. I want to entertain. I want to be an actress.'"
Pink tells Kidspot.com.au that she and her husband, Corey Hart, have completely different parenting styles. "He’s the rock and I’m just the murky water surrounding it. If you wanna go deep, come over here. If you want to cuddle and have hard talks, swim around with me. But if you want to take a break and you just want to be on the surface, you know where the rock is. The rock is not moving. You can rest on Papa."
Ed Sheeran tells the Spout Podcast that he and Harry Styles used to couch surf at the same homes. “There was a guitarist that knew both of us called Chris [Leonard], that I wrote ‘Lego House’ with. He used to play for the One Direction lads, and me and Harry used to sleep at his house together. The day that [1D’s] ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ went number one, [my album] Plus went number one the same day. And we were both staying at the house at that point. So now to be where we’re at now — y’know, he’s on a stadium and I’m on a stadium tour — it’s quite weird, looking back on the journey.”
OK! magazine says Nick Cannon wants to have a 13th child. During an episode of his show, Wild N' Out, he said he is interested in procreating with WWE champion Bianca Belair. Nick parodied "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'' theme. He rapped; "I get in one little fight, my mom got scared. Because I wanted to impregnate Bianca Belair."
The Internet reacts ...
"Nick Cannon is pure garbage"
"Where is HR when you need them."
"A Nick Cannon sneeze could get a woman pregnant.''
E! News says Celine Dion has canceled her World Tour because she is suffering from Stiff Person Syndrome. She posted; "I'm so sorry to disappoint all of you once again. I'm working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you're 100%. It's not fair to you to keep postponing the shows, and even though it breaks my heart, it's best that we cancel everything now until I'm really ready to be back on stage again. I want you all to know, I'm not giving up and I can't wait to see you again!"
TMZ says Britney Spears and her mother have reconciled. She posted; ''My sweet mama showed up at my doorstep yesterday after 3 years ... it’s been such a long time … with family there’s always things that need to be worked out … but time heals all wounds !!! And after being able to communicate what I’ve held in for an extremely long time, I feel so blessed we were able to try to make things RIGHT !!! I love you so much !!! Psss … I’m so blessed we can have coffee together after 14 years!!! Let’s go shopping afterwards!!!"
News.com.au says Quentin Tarantino was recently doing an interview with Deadline Hollywood when he said Ryan Reynolds movies don't exist because streaming services are killing the movie industry. “I mean, and I’m not picking on anybody, but apparently for Netflix, Ryan Reynolds has made $50 million on this movie and $50 million on that movie and $50 million on the next movie for them. I don’t know what any of those movies are. I’ve never seen them. I haven’t ever talked to Ryan Reynolds’ agent, but his agent is like, ‘Well, it cost $50 million.’ Well, good for him that he’s making so much money. But those movies don’t exist in the zeitgeist. It’s almost like they don’t even exist.”
Variety magazine says the hair and makeup team behind ''The Little Mermaid'' estimates they spent $150,000 on creating on Halle Bailey's hair extensions.Hallie wanted to keep her natural hair for her mermaid role so artists wrapped a weave around her natural locks. Hallie spent 14 hours in a makeup chair having her hair done. Her extensions were 30 inches long
Just Jared says someone recently paid $1.3 million for a painting of Leonardo DiCaprio. The portrait was sold in France to a private collector. Leo was in attendance at the gala when it was auctioned off for charity.
LAD Bible says Keanu Reeves and his band Dogstar performed their first concert in 20 years on Saturday. They played the BottleRock Napa Valley Music Festival. Keanu says the band has recorded a new single and video that they will soon release. Lizzo, Duran Duran and Carly Rae Jepsen also performed at the outdoor show.
The Daily Mail says Jeff Bezos has purchased a $75 million 'support yacht' for his $500 million super yacht. The support yacht houses his jet skis, luxury cars and his fiance's helicopter. The new yacht is named Koru, which is the Maori word for ''new beginnings'. The support yacht is 417 feet long.
The NY Post says Jeff and Lauren celebrated their engagement with a $4,000 bottle of wine.
Radar Online claims Robert De Niro is allegedly planning to marry his girlfriend, and the mother of his new child, Tiffany Chen. A source tells the website, "Bobby's not totally soured on marriage, though you think he would be because of Grace (ex-wife). But Tiffany is safe and sweet and kind, and she doesn't feel inhibited by their age difference. She's really great for him and he can see it."
Another source says, "Bob rarely shows emotion in public, but his friends will tell you he's very excited to be a dad again - even at his age. He plans on being hands-on with the new baby. Bob's constantly working, but Tiffany often accompanies him on location - and now they'll have the baby with them.''
Sebastian Maniscalco tells People magazine that he used a butt double for his mooning scene in his new comedy "About My Father." "I’m very physical in my comedy and the intention was for me to do that jet-mooning. I just want to make a statement here. The jet-boot scene — this is coming directly from my wife — she’s like, 'Just let everybody know that’s not your butt'. Apparently, that guy’s butt doesn’t look my mine, my wife wanted to let the world know.”
Radar Online says a thief recently broke into Benedict Cumberbatch's London home. Jack Bissell kicked his way into the house, ripped an intercom off the wall, and then yelled, “I know you've moved here! I hope it burns down!” Jack fled from the home. Cops took a DNA sample and linked him to the crime. He was charged with criminal damage and slapped with a three-year restraining order. A source tells the website, “Naturally all of the family were absolutely terrified and thought this guy was going to get in and hurt them. Luckily it never went that far. Benedict and Sophie [Hunter] have had many sleepless nights since worrying that they may be targeted again. The fact that it was a targeted intrusion makes it a lot more scary.”
Chat GPT Study
A new study by the college ranking and news website Intelligent reveals that 33% of college students used Chat GPT this past year to complete their homework. Other findings:
- 12% of college students say they were able to raise their GPA because they used Chat GPT to complete some of their homework assignments.
- 78% of college students would recommend Chat GPT to classmates
The Easiest Dogs To Train … According to a new study by the University of Helsinki
'Other breed' (Australian Cobberdog, Australian Labradoodle, Golden Labrador Retriever, Indian Pariah Dog, Peruvian Hairless Dog Large, Peruvian Hairless Dog Medium sized, Peruvian Hairless Dog Miniature, Seskar seal dog, Unknown breed, Wolfdog, Xoloitzcuintle Intermediate and Xoloitzcuintle Standard)
Spanish Water Dog
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Least Easiest Dogs To Train … According to a new study by the University of Helsinki
Bull type terriers
Parson type terriers
Northern companion spitzes
Chinese Crested Dog
My girl and I were at a Memorial Day barbecue yesterday when one of her relatives pointed out that she was wearing a ring given to her by one of her ex-boyfriends. I brought it up on the ride home and told my girlfriend that I no longer want her to wear the ring. She said that I have no right to tell her what she can and can't wear. I agree with that except when it comes to a piece of jewelry bought by another man she is no longer dating. She says the ring has no sentimental value and she wears it because she likes the way it looks. I told her that's fine, but I do have an issue with the ring and am asking her to honor and respect my request. She says she'll think about it. Should she take off the ring? Dealbreaker or not?