- The Daily Mail says a 460 foot asteroid is going to pass by Earth tomorrow. It will be within 420,000 miles of our planet. The European Space Agency says, ''Smaller than the Statue of Liberty, this asteroid is pretty little on astronomical scales. And as flybys go, at just under two times the distance to the moon, it's not likely to make newspaper headlines.''
- AAA says 113 million people are expected to travel during the Christmas / New Year's holiday. That's up 3% from a year ago. Most people will drive 50 miles or more from their home
- Chain Store Age magazine says Super Saturday is this weekend. 158 million people are expected to shop on Saturday eight days ahead of Christmas. That's 10 million more than last year
- Brobible says tramp stamps are popular again because of Gen Z'ers. Tattoo artists from around the world expect the trend to last for a year or two. Millennials are also getting tramp stamps
- Dictionary.com has named woman as its Word of the Year. The website says, “The very matter of the definition of the word ‘woman’ was at the center of so many consequential moments, discussions, and decisions in our society. Our selection of ‘woman’ as the Word of the Year for 2022—and how the word is defined, who is included in that definition, who the word applies and belongs to—highlights how important the work of a dictionary is, and how dictionaries can impact people’s lives”
- The Chicago Tribune says the NBA is renaming it's MVP trophy after Michael Jordan. Jordan won five MVP awards while with the Chicago Bulls.
- CNN says Adam Sandler is going to receive the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. It is America's top comedy award. Previous winners include Jon Stewart, Dave Chappelle, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, David Letterman, Bill Murray and Jay Leno. Adam will receive the award on March 19th
- OK! magazine says Kirstie Alley is leaving her $40 million estate to her children and several charities. Her homes in Wichita, Kansas and Clearwater, Florida will be divided up among her family.
- The JoBlo movie website says John Cena and Jason Momoa are teaming up for a new action comedy called "Killer Vacation". The plot is being kept a secret
- ''Walking Dead'' star Norman Reedus, aka Darryl, is going to star in the John Wick spin-off "Ballerina". Ana de Armas is going to play a ballerina assassin out to kill those, who murdered her family
- Mashed magazine says Snickers is releasing a new protein bar called Hi Protein. It has 20 g of protein and only 4 grams of sugar.
- WSVN says orange juice prices are soaring because this year's crop is down 51% from last year due to disease and Florida's hurricanes.
- N Business says McDonald's closed all of their Russian restaurants last year because of Vladimir Putin's invasion of the Ukraine. A McDonald's-like restaurant, called Vkusno & tochka, is now open. They are selling a knock-off Big Mac sandwich called the Big Hit
Contact Music says Adele has taken up hiking because of her Las Vegas residency. She told fans, "Guess what I’ve started doing? I’ve started hiking. I really like it.“I put my headphones on and get on with it. I’m out of breath. This is a stadium-sized theatre, it’s quite a walk.”
Kim Petras tells Interview magazine that her dreams are important to her. “Sometimes I dream songs— full songs with lyrics. My dreams are important to me. If I have a dream that’s creative, and can I come up with an outfit or a performance afterwards, I feel like I’m on the right track."
OneRepublic star Ryan Tedder tells Forbes magazine that meeting Ozzy Osbourne was a huge moment for him. "Ozzy is just, like larger than life you know? It was such an honor meeting him. And one thing people may not know about him is how funny he is. The man is hilarious! I've never laughed so much in my life!"
Post Malone tells GQ magazine that he loves camouflage clothes. “I’ve always been a camo guy. I’ve always loved a good camouflage. It’s the most flattering fabric because like, you can’t see my belly underneath camo. It’s beautiful. And always, as a kid, running around outside everybody loves a good camo.”
Bebe Rexha tells The USA Today newspaper that she loves finding a good deal. "I've definitely found some promo codes off some websites, but for some reason, 95% of them never work. But I love a good buy one, get one free. That's kind of my vibe. I love saving at the supermarket. I'm not an avid couponer where I'm a psycho about it, but who doesn't like saving money?"
Lizzo and her boyfriend, Myke Wright, are serious. E! News quotes her as saying, ''When the time was right we came together, and we just recently were like, ‘Oh, we together. This is official'. We're not playing any games with each other anymore. We're very much locked in. There's nobody else I'm going to be with for the rest of my life."
Nicolas Cage tells Rampstyle magazine that he thought he was an alien when he was a child. “My father told me he felt like he had to introduce himself to me because I was such an alien. I was shocked the day I went to the doctor’s office as a child and I found out that I had normal organs and a normal skeleton because I was certain I was from another planet. I had difficulties connecting with other people. When I saw David Bowie in The Man Who Fell to Earth, I realised I needed to do something. So I became an actor.”
The Richest says Sandra Bullock has sold her Southern California avocado ranch for $5.6 million. The ranch is 50 miles north of San Diego and 25 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. The main home has a stone courtyard, nine fireplaces, four bedrooms, French doors, a pool, a chicken coop, a spa and 1,200 avocado trees
Deadline Hollywood says Michael B Jordan has purchased a portion of a British soccer team called AFC Bournemouth. The team is based in the south of England and competes in the Premier League. Ryan Reynolds also owns a UK soccer team
The Daily Mail says Jennifer Aniston recently threw a secret holiday party for her closest friends. Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper, David Spade and Tobey Maguire all attended. No one was allowed to use their phones during the party.
Vanity Fair magazine says Ben Affleck is selling his Pacific Palisades, California mansion for $30 million. He bought the home for $19 million after divorcing Jennifer Garner. The white brick mansion has a movie theater, wine cellar, full bar, hot tub, pool, pool slide and a large outdoor patio. Ben is moving into Jennifer Lopez's home
Consequence of Sound says rapper Drake recently had a custom diamond necklace made out of 42 engagement rings. The necklace is called Previous Engagements and took 14 months to make. It has 351 carats of diamonds. A picture of the necklace comes with a caption that reads; "For all the times he thought about it but never did it"
Kate Hudson tells the Hot Ones podcast that she invented a holiday drink and then named it after her mother. “I made, just recently, what I’m calling a ‘Goldie’s Mad Dash'. I made a lychee martini, and I did two ounces vodka, two ounces lychee, an ounce of the cranberry, and then I did a dash of orange bitters. And it’s so good, and something my mom loves. That’s why I called it ‘Goldie’s Mad Dash.’ Which also is her personality.”
The NY Post says Patrick 'McDreamy' Dempsey shocked fans when he posted a video of himself shaving his head. His wife, Jill, pushed for the shave.
The Internet reacts ...
“This isn’t funny Jill, you made him get rid of his hero hair”
“HIS PRECIOUS HAIR.”
“For the LOVE OF GOD…..WHY?????”
“I think this is more traumatizing than Derek’s death.”
Holiday Hangover Survey
A new holiday survey by Domino's reveals that the average person will endure four holiday hangovers during the month of December. Each one will last an average of 10 hours. Eight percent of people have had a hangover that lasts a day or more.
TOP HANGOVER ‘CURES’ ...
Cold shower or bath
Hair of the dog (i.e., drinking more alcohol)
Most Disliked Holiday Traditions... According to a new survey by The Vacationer
1. Gift Exchange — 26.72%
2. Attending a Religious Service — 24.93%
3. Caroling or Singing — 24.23%
4. Holiday Party — 22.13%
5. Decorating Your Home — 18.94%
6. Meal with Friends or Family — 18.54%
7. Lighting Candles — 13.56%
8. Baking Cookies or Other Sweet Treats — 12.76%
9. Volunteering — 11.86%
10. Santa Claus — 11.47%
I had an awkward run-in while holiday shopping last Sunday. The run-in has been on my mind all week. I was in Victoria's Secret when I ran into a co-worker's husband. We had a nice chat and then went our separate ways. As I was leaving, I noticed him buying lingerie and underwear that would never fit his wife. Not even close. I think he may be cheating. Should I say something to my co-worker or is it none of my business?