Fonseca Show Trending 11/21/22
- A new survey by the Sleep Foundation reveals that 36% of people will drink more alcohol than usual on Thanksgiving Day. 25% of people get less sleep on Thanksgiving because of overeating and over drinking
- USA Today says Mariah Carey is going to perform during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She posted; "My childhood dream is coming to life! I’m going to be opening for the one and only, SANTA CLAUS, at this year’s @macys Thanksgiving day parade! Tune in on Thanksgiving Day @NBC!"
- The NY Post says Joe Biden will pardon two turkeys from North Carolina today. The birds will not be served on Thanksgiving and instead will head to North Carolina State University where they will be cared for.
- AAA says 54.6 million people are expected to travel for Thanksgiving. That's up 1.5% from last year
- A new survey by Deloitte reveals that the average person plans to spend $1,455 on the holidays this year. Of that, $507 will go towards gift buying.
- LAD Bible says Heinz is selling a baked bean pizza. The pizza was last spotted on store shelves in 2003. The frozen pizza is topped with pizza sauce, cheese and Heinz baked beans It is available for a limited time.
- Contact Music says Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling may have secretly married. Eva was doing an interview in Australia when she said, "Everyone is so welcoming here and my husband Ryan is here and we are having the best time."
- Nick Cannon tells Billboard magazine that he may have more kids. "I don't know, man. I have no idea. I think I'm good right now!"
- Business Insider says Sally Beauty Supply is closing 350 stores. The move will save the company $50 million in expenses. The closings are due to inflation, supply chain issues and consumers buying more products online.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever," $67.3 million.
2. “The Menu,” $9 million.
3. “The Chosen,” $8.2 million.
4. “Black Adam,” $4.5 million.
5. “Ticket to Paradise,” $3.2 million.
Does Thanksgiving Turkey Make You Sleepy?: Bloomberg News says turkey won't make you sleepy on Thanksgiving, but eating a large meal late in the afternoon or early in the evening will. Sleep therapist Kat Lederle tells the magazine, The big factor is really sitting down eating lots of food. Not the tryptophan. Lots of other foods are also high in tryptophan, including chicken breast, pork chops, tofu, milk and squash. The whole reason we talk about eating foods with tryptophan is that it’s a building block for melatonin. Our bodies begin to secrete melatonin in the evening, sending a signal that it’s time to start winding down for bed.''
Xmas Tree Prices Continue To Climb: CTV News says Christmas tree prices are 10% to 12% higher than last year due to poor crops in 2017. Increased labor and fuel prices are also responsible for the jump in price. Many consumers report seeing thinner trees while some are opting for tabletop trees, which although shorter, look fuller and are easier to decorate and take down.
Vibe magazine says Post Malone was recently performing in Los Angeles when a woman threw her bra on stage. Post placed the bra on his head and continued performing his song "Psycho"
OneRepublic star Ryan Tedder tells Wonderland magazine that his bandmates are like brothers to him. “I’m just thrilled we’re still together and we still actually love each other. None of us have brothers in real life so we’ve all become each others brothers more or less, and so for me it’s been awesome. ”
Taylor Swift tells Rolling Stone magazine that she's had to fight for a lot in her life. "A lot of the best things I ever did creatively were things that I had to really fight — and I mean aggressively fight — to have happen. Like I had my vision of how a song or a video should be, and someone would try to change it on me. If you truly believe in something, you have to be prepared to fight for it."
Kim Petras tells The Guardian newspaper that she will never apologize for who she is.“I make no excuses for who I am. If you don't like me, that's your problem. I am who I am and I will not change that for anybody.”
The Kid LAROI tells V magazine that it's important to listen. “I feel it’s very important to be a great listener. I’m still learning how to do that. I’m apologizing to my girlfriend all the time because I feel like I’m not a good enough listener and that’s really important in any relationship, friendship, whatever it is.”
Beyonce tells W magazine that she's trying to focus more on herself and her family. “I came into the music industry at 15 years old and grew up with the world watching, and I have put out projects non-stop. It’s been heavy and hectic. I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on building my legacy and representing my culture the best way I know how. Now, I’ve decided to give myself permission to focus on my joy.”
OK! magazine says Kanye West is running for president. A cameraman asked him about running to which he answered, “Yes. It’s simple.It’s just we’re moving toward the future.”
BroBible says Playboy model Sarah Blake Cheek is willing to leave her husband for Tom Brady.She is quoted by the website as saying, “I would have to essentially ask my husband for a hall pass. Somebody that dedicated to their craft and their profession who wants to be the best and has that drive, that’s extremely attractive. Those are things that women look at.
The NY Post says Chris Rock recently performed at the Dolby Theater where Will Smith slapped him during last year's Oscars. He told the crowd; “People were like, ‘Did it hurt?’ You’re right it hurt. Will Smith is significantly bigger than me. I am not the same size, Ok? This mother played Ali! I played Pookie from ‘New Jack City!’ People say, ‘Why did you do nothing back?’ Because I got parents. Because I was raised, you know? You know what my parents taught me? Don’t fight in front of white people! No, I’m not a victim!”
The Sunday World says Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde have broken up after two years of dating.Sources tell People magazine, “The public pressure on them has been difficult” and they have gone their separate ways. He's still touring and is now going abroad. She is focusing on her kids and her work in LA. It's a very amicable decision. They're still very close friends. Right now, they have different priorities that are keeping them apart."
WHNT says Snoop Dogg is coming out with his own accessory line for pets called Snoop Doggy Dogg's. The line includes plush toys, bowls, leashes, and more. Snoop says, “If my dogs ain’t fresh I ain’t fresh. These dogs and their apparel are a reflection of Tha Dogg himself, so they gotta look the role of a Top Dog, ya dig?!?!”
The NY Post says reality TV star Madison LeCroy recently bought a plane seat for her wedding dress. She was in Mexico over the weekend to get married to Brett Randall. Madison became well-known after Alex Rodriguez flirted with her. The flirting cost him his relationship with Jennifer Lopez.
Epicstream says Ryan Reynolds is trying to convince Channing Tatum to star in ''Deadpool 3''.Tatum allegedly wants nothing to do with the Marvel Cinematic Universe because Marvel scrapped his plans to play Gambit in an X-Men movie. Tatum says, “I was so traumatized, I shut off my Marvel machine. I haven’t been able to see any of the movies. I loved that character. It was just too sad. It was like losing a friend because I was so ready to play him.”
Ryan Reynolds tells Big Issue magazine that he has written a Deadpool Christmas movie. "I would love to see a song-and-dance number in a Deadpool movie. Four years ago, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick and I wrote a Christmas movie starring Deadpool. But it got lost in the shuffle of Disney acquiring Fox and it never got made. Maybe one day we’ll get to make that movie. It’s not a musical, but it’s a full Deadpool Christmas movie. So one day.”
Female First says Cheryl Burke is leaving Dancing with the Stars. She posted "I am sitting here full of so many conflicting emotions about the words I am about to write…Tomorrow night will officially be my final dance as a pro dancer on @dancingwiththestars. This has been one of the absolute hardest decisions of my life and I am also confident that it is the right one. This show has been my 2nd family since I was 21 years old. The cast, crew and fans have seen me through my highest highs and some of my lowest lows, and I honestly don’t know who I would be today without them. I also know that it is time for me to begin the next phase of my career, although dance will always be a part of me."
Holiday Shopping Survey A new survey by TD Bank reveals that 57% of people are on a holiday gift budget this year. Other findings:
- 69% of people say they normally overspend during the holidays.
- 45% of people have overspent by $300 or more
- 26% of people say sales cause them to overspend during the holidays
Most-Disliked Thanksgiving Foods … According to a new survey by Survey Monkey
1. Cranberry Sauce — 30.51%
2. Turkey — 29.11%
3. Green Bean Casserole — 27.52%
4. Ham — 26.72%
5. Coleslaw — 25.32%
I am torn between a rock and a hard place. My family is having Thanksgiving at my father's house. My new boyfriend and I got into an argument this past weekend about why I haven't invited him to Thanksgiving dinner to meet my family. He says it's the perfect opportunity to introduce him to everyone at once. I told him that family dinners are no place to introduce a new partner. He disagrees and says I'm hiding him from the family. I think introductions should take place over time not all at once. I feel guilty because he is relatively new to the area and has nowhere else to go for Thanksgiving. What would you do if you were me? Is a holiday dinner the proper place to introduce a new partner? Invite him or not?