Fonseca Show Trending 10/28/22
- KRON says Elon Musk closed on a deal to buy Twitter last night. He paid $44 billion for the social media site.
- The Richest says Peloton is no longer offering Kanye West's songs during their classes. The company says they banned Kanye's music because of his anti-semitic statements. Brobible says Kanye Instagrammed the following message yesterday after being cancelled by more of his sponsors. "I lost 2 billion dollars in one day. And I’m still alive. This is love speech. I still love you. God still loves you. The money is not who I am. The people is who I am”
- KXXV says the Texas A&M football team has announced that they are no longer going to use Kanye West 's song "Power" when they come onto the field because of his controversial anti-semitic comments
- Bloomberg News says Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has lost $100 billion in the last 13 months because Facebook's stock continues to tank. He now has a net worth of $38.1 billion.
- Chain Store Age magazine says Walmart is going to offer Christmas light installation services this holiday season.They will be using local contractors from Angie Home Services, formerly Angie's List.
- Vulture magazine says Amy Schumer is going to host ''Saturday Night Live'' on November 5th. Steve Lacy will be the musical guest
- The Manc says a new study by Hammonds Furniture reveals that 33% of British people only wash their bedding once a year. 18% of British people only wash their jeans once a year. 25% of British men wear their underwear five times before washing them
- Mashed magazine says people are flocking to Applebee's because they are now selling mini, deep fried Cinnabons.Eight come in a bowl along with a side of white icing. They are available for a limited time
Nicky Youre tells Billboard magazine that he almost quit music in college. “In college is when I almost quit music. I was making a ton in high school with my buddy who introduced me to the whole process and I was enjoying college a lot and I was enjoying making music. But he lived an hour away and I didn’t have any friends that made music in college, so I slowed down a lot. I'm glad I never stopped chasing my dream completely.”
OneRepublic star Ryan Tedder tells Forbes magazine that his tattoos remind him of all of the places he's been. “For me, it's more where I'm at, signifier of a certain place or time and something that is meaningful but also part of an overall sleeve. What's cool is I can kind of point to each one and say, "Oh yeah, this was Paris, this one was Dresden, this one was Tokyo, this is Osaka." And I have like a memory of everything.”
Charlie Puth tells Bustle.com that he's more used to being in hotels than at home.“I've been on the road so much I'm more used to hotel beds than my own. I woke up one morning at the house and wondered why my manager hadn't called me yet. I called him and asked if he had ordered breakfast yet. He sounded confused and said "Charlie, you're at home. We have a few days off before the next tour. You can make your own breakfast."”
The Martinsville Bulletin says Chris Martin has gotten a restraining order against a woman who is stalking him and his girlfriend, Dakota Johnson. The woman believes that she and Chris are married and that she is supposed to live at his home.
The Richest says Lizzo has purchased a $15 million Beverly Hills mansion that was once owned by Harry Styles. The home is located in a gated community and resembles a tree house. It has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, fig trees, a fireplace, a soaking tub, a movie theater and a pool.
In his new memoir “Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing”, Matthew Perry writes that he once kissed Valerie Bertinelli while Eddie Van Halen was passed out drunk. “I fell madly in love with Valerie Bertinelli, who was clearly in a troubled marriage. My crush was crushing; not only was she way out of my league, but she was also married to one of the most famous rock stars on the planet, Eddie Van Halen. It is important to point out here that my feelings for Valerie were real. I was completely captivated — I mean, I was obsessed with her and harbored elaborate fantasies about her leaving Eddie Van Halen and living out the rest of her days with me. Things finally came to a head one night . . . I was over at Valerie and Eddie’s house, just hanging out and gazing at Valerie, trying to make her laugh. When you made her laugh, you felt ten feet tall. As the night progressed, it was clear that Eddie had enjoyed the fruits of the vine a little too hard, one more time, and eventually he just passed out, not ten feet away from us, but still. This was my chance! If you think I didn’t actually have a chance in hell you’d be wrong, dear reader — Valerie and I had a long, elaborate make-out session. It was happening — maybe she felt the same way I did. I told her I had thought about doing that for a long time, and she had said it right back to me.”
** UPDATE **
Valerie responded to Matthew's book yesterday by posting a video of herself mouthing the words to Taylor Swift's new song ''Anti Hero''. She captioned her video with; “Anyone else misbehave in their 20s and early 30s? Are you mortified?”
Matthew Perry tells GQ magazine that his castmates from ''Friends'' won't read his new memoir, “Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing''. “Why would they read it? I don’t know. Because, you know, who cares? Addicts are going to care about this, and fans of ‘Friends’ are going to care about this. But the cast is not going to really care about this.''
The NY Post says Kanye West's school, the Donda Academy, is closing because of his anti-semitic statements. The school charged $15,000 a year for tuition and made all parents sign a non-disclosure agreement. The school is located in Simi Valley, California and is named after Kanye's mother.
** UPDATE **
The school reopened yesterday with an email to parents that read, “With the help of our parents and community, we are back and returning with a vengeance! The children of Donda are going to change the world!
Heat magazine says Ben Affleck's friends are allegedly worried that Jennifer Lopez is turning him into a robot. A source tells the magazine, “Everyone, including Ben knew what marrying Jennifer would entail, but it’s hard to believe he is 100 percent happy when he’s so visibly awkward and lost-looking. It’s almost as if he’s turned into J-Lo’s puppet, just like all the other guys before him, and there’s a strong sense that he’s accepted this is his path, at least for now. The likes of Matt Damon and his brother Casey have been skating their heads and hoping he snaps out of it. The poor guy looks like he’s about to burst into tears at any time. Ben’s not raised any complaints to Jen, probably because he knows if he started asking for space, it would go down very well. Jen very much wears the pants. She tells him how to dress, eat, work out – how to live his whole life. This is a whole new version of Ben, and it’s kind of sad to see. He’s turning into J-Lo’s personal robot.” time – and so they come as a package deal.”
Heat magazine says Jennifer Aniston allegedly wants $100 million from Brad Pitt if he sells his production company, Plan B. A source says the two set the company up when they were married. “This is not just about money. As far as Jen’s concerned, what’s of equal importance is the principle. The bottom line is that she was a co-creator and founder of Plan B, and while it was technically passed onto Brad, she hasn’t had anything like the credit she deserved for building it up at inception – plus acting as a de facto consultant for many years when Brad needed to bounce ideas for projects or make big investments or business decisions.”
The Irish Mirror newspaper says Megan Fox recently sent her fiance, Machine Gun Kelly, an odd love note. It read: "Never has anyone with better bone structure walked this earth. Exquisitely, devastatingly handsome. And 6 foot 5? Kill me or get me pregnant. Those are the only options."
Fans react ...
"How awkward how many times she said something like that in public. Must be desperate like hell as everyone is witnessing with her transformation. Cheap, silly and desperate"
"This to me seems…….. excessive"
"GIVE HER BABIES"
Perez Hilton says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson are allegedly hooking up. A source says the two met at a New York City hotel. “Pete visited Kim at her room and the next day Kim was seen sneaking out a back entrance of the hotel in a disguise and hopped in a waiting Escalade to visit Pete on Staten Island. They have a lot of love and respect for each other, but found that the long distance and their demanding schedules made it really difficult to maintain a relationship.”
Katy Perry tells Yahoo News that people always mistake her for her. "We do a lot of mommy-and-me classes. This morning, I was with her (daughter) at a ballet class, and this woman goes, 'Oh my god, you look so much like Katy Perry.' And I was like, 'Hi, nice to meet you. I care about my kid and take her to classes', ’ve become a member at all the museums — we go to the zoo, the Natural History Museum, the kids’ museum. That’s my new club.
Best Cities For Surviving A Zombie Apocalypse …. According to a new survey by Study Finds based on number of hideouts, supplies, protection and mobility
2 Salt Lake City
4 Portland, Oregon
5 Colorado Springs
7 Springfield, Missouri
9 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Halloween Costume Survey
A new survey by YouGov.com reveals that 27% of people say they enjoy picking out Halloween costumes, while 11% find it stressful. Other findings:
- 35% of people buy their costumes in a store
- 16% of people make their own costumes
- 34% of people are dressing up as a fictional character
- 15% of people are dressing up as a concept, while 14% are dressing up as an object
Group Halloween Costume Survey
A new survey by YouGov.com reveals that 42% of couples are planning to wear couples costumes this Halloween. Other findings:
- 18% of couples are planning family-themed costumes
- 6% of people are planning group costumes with their co-workers
- 13% of couples are planning a group costume with their friends
How People Describe Their Halloween Costumes
A new survey by YouGov.com reveals that 37% of people describe their Halloween costumes as 'Funny'. Other findings:
- 18% of people describe their costumes as 'Scary'
- 10% of people describe their costumes as 'Extravagant'
- 20% of people describe their costumes as 'Sexy'
I am going to have two bowls of candy on Halloween. One bowl will be filled with Fun Size candy bars while the other will be filled with regular size. I plan to give the Fun Size bars to overweight children and the regular size bars to normal size kids. My neighbor says I'm offensive for doing such a thing. I disagree and think I'm doing the chunky kids a favor by cutting their calories. What do you think of my idea?