Fonseca Show Trending 02/27/23
- Jalopnik says Corvette production is going to resume today at General Motors' Bowling Green, Kentucky plant. Production had been shut down due to a parts shortage.
- The Independent Newspaper says some women, named Karen, are changing their name because of the stigma associated with it. Single women, named Karen, say they are having trouble getting dates.
- Pop Culture magazine says Tom Cruise is going to be James Corden's last guest on ''The Late Late Show'' on April 27th. They will be doing a musical number together with members of The Lion King production.
- Tom Cruise tells the Phase Zero podcast that he was never up for the role of Iron Man. "Not close. I love Robert Downey Jr., and I can't imagine anyone else doing that role, and I think it's perfect for him."
- ESPN says YouTube star Jake Paul lost his first boxing match yesterday to Tommy Fury. Fury won by a split decision. Jake blamed his loss on being sick and having an injured arm
- Mashed magazine says Baskin-Robbins is selling a new chicken and waffles-flavored ice cream for a limited time. The ice cream will be available starting on March 1st. The waffle-flavored ice cream has waffle chunks, bourbon maple syrup and fake chicken bites.
- Sportskeeda says Nike is releasing a new sneaker inspired by the Batman villain The Joker. The shoe is white and green and has a purple swoosh. The $110 Joker sneaker is going to be released in the next several months.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania," $32.2 million
2. “Cocaine Bear,” $23.1 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $30 million to produce. It made $5.3 million overseas)
3. “Jesus Revolution,” $15.5 million.
4. “Avatar: The Way of Water,” $4.7 million.
5. “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish,” $4.1 million.
The Daily Mail says Lewis Capaldi was recently performing in Germany when he experienced Tourette's symptoms. His fans noticed and helped him finish performing his song ''Someone You Loved''
Radar Online says Billie Eilish has gotten a restraining order against another stalker. She walked into her home, turned the lights on, and saw a shirtless man staring at her through a window. Billie called the police. They busted Raymond Black several streets over.
Miley Cyrus tells NBC that her name wasn't always Miley. "My birth name is Destiny. My family nicknamed me 'Smiley' because I smiled so much. I liked it so much, I changed my name to Miley, a shortened version of it, back in 2008."
Meghan Trainor tells Cosmopolitan magazine that her first date with her husband, Daryl Sabra, was memorable. "We went on a double date -- bowling and karaoke. He kissed me at the bowling alley. I told my security to step outside 'cause I didn't want to be watched. He was the best kisser ever. I know I'm really good at kissing, but I was shocked when he was too."
The Weeknd tells Complex.com that Michael Jackson was a huge influence on him. "Michael, man, that guy was the star. He invented the star. There will never be another Michael. I want to make it very clear that I’m not trying to be Michael. He’s everything to me, so you’re going to hear it in my music. There's nothing wrong with honoring your heroes, just make sure there's a healthy dose of you in there too."
Beyonce tells Harper's Bazaar magazine that she found out that self-care means more than staying in good physical shape. "In the past, I spent too much time on diets, with the misconception that self-care meant exercising and being overly conscious of my body. My health, the way I feel when I wake up in the morning, my peace of mind, the number of times I smile, what I’m feeding my mind and my body—those are the things that I’ve been focusing on.”
The Daily Mail says Harry Styles was performing in Australia over the weekend when he helped a man propose to his girlfriend. The man held up a sign to get Harry's attention. Harry stopped the concert, read the sign and then helped the man propose. The girlfriend accepted as the crowd went wild
The Herald Sun newspaper says a Melbourne, Australia restaurant recently refused to serve Russell Crowe and his girlfriend because they were dressed in stinky gym clothes. Kristian Klein owns the Japanese restaurant Mr Miyagi. He says, ''We treat everyone the same. It doesn't matter who you are or if you are Russell Crowe. We've got a dress code that we that we push across every level. So whoever it is, it stays the same. We're consistent with it and I don't feel like it's unreasonable. We're not trying to teach people how to dress. But I know personally if I'm in my thongs and my boardies, I'm not going to try and go to a nice restaurant, because I wouldn't be dressed appropriately.''
Nick Cannon tells Entertainment Tonight that he is open to having more children.He became a father for the 12th time in December. ''God decides when we’re done, but I believe I definitely got my hands full. And I’m so focused. I’m locked in. But when I’m 85, you never know. I might [have more].”
The Blast says Jennifer McBride is suing Lady Gaga for $2 million. McBride returned Gaga's stolen French Bulldogs two days after they were dognapped at gunpoint. McBride was then arrested and charged as part of the dognapping. She pleaded no contest and was given two years of probation. McBride wants $500,000 from Gaga and an additional $1.5 million in damages because she says Gaga did not pay her the $500,000 reward for returning the dog 'no questions asked'.
Marca magazine, sighting Radar Online, claims Leonardo DiCaprio is allegedly making potential girlfriends sign non-disclosure agreements before they go out. A source tells the news outlets, "He's obsessive about it and has his assistant keep stacks of them on hand, plenty of women have stories to tell, but no one wants to go on the record because they're afraid of what he could do legally."
HITC says Pedro Pascal, star of ''The Last of Us'' and '' The Mandalorian'', was recently spotted at Starbucks. He ordered a coffee with six shots of espresso.
The Internet reacts ...
“Apparently Pedro Pascal’s Starbucks order is six shots of blonde espresso with ice and nothing else!! is this man okay????”
“As a barista, I am both intrigued and concerned by Pedro Pascal’s Starbucks order. What are the effects of all those shots?” said another.
“But mostly why so many? “Is this man being hunted by Freddie Krueger and can’t catch a nap? I need answers.”
“I don’t care how much I love Pedro Pascal I will not be getting his Starbucks order just to be sent to the ER 15 mins later,” someone else wrote.
“Straight espresso is already crazy but SIX SHOTS? I’d be found dead with that much caffeine in my system.”
TMZ says Britney Spears' Doberman, Porsha, recently got out and bit an elderly man in Thousand Oaks, California. The elderly man got off his bike and attempted to pet Porscha. Porscha bit the man in the leg. Britney's security team grabbed Porscha and took her home. Animal Control issued a warning to Britney
The Irish Mirror says Rebel Wilson and Ramona Agruma are talking about having a fairytale wedding at Disneyland. A source tells the newspaper, Rebel is a die-hard Disney lover and they are really considering having their dream wedding there. It is definitely their happy place and Rebel still feels like she is living a real-life fairytale.''
Hugh Jackman tells the BBC that he damaged his vocal cords by growling when playing Wolverine. “My falsetto is not as strong as it used to be and that I directly put down to some of the growling and yelling. My voice teacher in drama school would’ve been horrified by some of the things I did in Wolverine. We learned a technique [in school] of how to shout and how to yell without ruining your voice. However, during Wolverine, I did some screaming and yelling and things that I think did damage to my voice. I’m working on it. I work with a singing teacher and I try not to hurt myself. I put a lot of effort into both physical movement and my vocal preparation for every role.”
The NY Post says Joe Exotic's doctors believe he has bladder cancer. He has refused treatment in prison. Doctors believe Joe's cancer has spread from his prostate to other parts of his body. Joe is currently serving 22 years in prison for hiring a hit man to kill Carole Baskin
Female First says Harry Styles, Elton John and the Spice Girls won't be performing at King Charles' coronation concert. A source tells the website, “Organizers are working against the clock to pull together an exciting line-up but have hit a series of challenges. Elton John was top of Charles’ list but due to his European tour, which sees him performing in Germany the Friday before then again soon after the Windsor concert, he isn’t able to make the dash to the UK work. Meanwhile, man-of-the-moment Harry Styles is also tied up with touring and unable to get key band members together as they’ll be on much-needed downtime.”
A new survey by Orion Advisor Solutions reveals that 27% of people say their relationship would be better if their partner changed the way they managed their money. Other findings:
- 21% of people wish they knew more about their partner's financial situation before getting into a relationship with them
- 9% of people have debts they're keeping from their partner
- 54% of people say dishonesty about money is just as bad as other forms of infidelity including cheating
- 38% of people have lied to a romantic partner about their finances
Top Girl Scout Cookie Flavors Of 2023 …. According to a new survey by the Girl Scouts
1 Thin Mints
2 Caramel deLites/Samoas
3 Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs
5 Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich
10 Common Lies People Tell On Dating Apps ... According to a new article by Your Tango
1. Lies about age.
2. Lies about their height.
3. Lies about their weight.
4. Lies about body type.
5. Lies about income.
6. Lies about job type and titles.
7. Lies in the form of profile pictures.
8. Lies about interests and hobbies.
9. Lies about relationship intentions.
10. Lies about being in a relationship.
One of my girlfriend's met a guy and is now so excited to be dating him. She brought him to Happy Hour on Friday and introduced him to our circle of friends. Something seemed too perfect about the guy so I decided to Google him. It turns out he has a warrant out for his arrest. My friend has apparently not Googled her boyfriend and has no idea he is wanted by the law. I had a bad feeling about this guy and now I know why. I'm thinking about calling the police and letting them know where they can find him. A part of me feels guilty about doing this to my friend, but someone has to save her. Would you make the call if you were me?