Fonseca Show Trending 02/09/23
- Bed Bath & Beyond announced yesterday that they are closing 150 more stores because they are struggling financially. The company has raised $1 billion through stock sales in order to pay off its debt.
- Deadline Hollywood says "Top Gun: Maverick" has been named 'Best Film' of 2022 by Rotten Tomatoes.Audiences gave the film a 99% approval rating
- WHNT says CBS has canceled "The Late Late Show" after 30 years. James Corden is leaving the show at the end of the current season. The network will replace the show with a game show called "@ midnight"
- The NY Post says Leonardo DiCaprio's alleged girlfriend, 19-year-old model Eden Polani, has deleted her Instagram page.
- Chewboom says Jets and Papa John's are celebrating Valentine's Day by selling heart-shaped pizzas
- Endgadget says Apple is testing a new 'buy now, pay later' service. The service will allow customers to pay off their purchases over the course of six weeks with no additional interest or fees. Interest will be tacked on to any balances after six weeks.
- Newsweek magazine says Vladimir Putin is giving fur coats to the widows of Russian soldiers. Twenty one widows recently posted a video of themselves with their coats. In the video, they thanked Putin for taking care of them
- Fox Business News says the average price for a Super Bowl hotel room in the Phoenix area is $536. That's $174% more than the price for a normal day.
- NFL Players Association doctor Tom Mayer believes Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin will play football again because of how well he is recovering from his on-field heart attack
- TMZ says the jersey LeBron James wore when he broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's NBA scoring record would be worth over $3 million if it was ever auctioned off
Everyone Calling Out Sick On Monday After Super Bowl: The Workforce Institute says a record 18.8 million Americans may miss work on Monday because of the Super Bowl. Other findings:
- 17.2 million people plan to miss work on Sunday in order to watch the Big Game
- 7.8 million people are planning to start work late on Monday because of their Super Bowl partying
- 42% of people believe Super Bowl Monday should be a national holiday
How some people plan to blow off work on Monday because of the Super Bowl ...
I will “ghost” my work (i.e., not show up and not tell anyone I will not be working): 4.7 million
I will call in sick to work even if I’m not actually sick: 3.1 million
I will decide at the last minute what to do [about work]: 9.4 million
Bebe Rexha tells Variety magazine that it's completely natural to feel jealousy. "It’s natural and even healthy to be jealous as long as you can you understand where it’s coming from and then you don’t let it overtake you. Because women are kind of taught to be competitive with each other. When I was in my early 20s, it was always a competition — do or die. Now if I see a girl and think, “Wow, I wish I had her body; I’m a little jealous,” I’ll say, “She looks fire,” and try to focus on myself. I’m doing my best to be healthy and happy on every level, from eating healthy to working out to showing myself some real self-love."
Sam Smith tells PaperMag.com that he keeps getting kicked off of dating sites. “I did Tinder once; I think I got chucked off of Tinder. I got chucked off of Hinge because they thought that I wasn’t me. That's the biggest problem with being famous. No one believes you're you on these sites. I'm just trying to find love like everyone else!”
Meghan Trainor tells NPR.org that she has insecurities just like everyone else. People say to me "You had a baby, everything's perfect. You're writing music and you're so confident, you love your body. How do you do it all?" And I'm like, "Oh, you've misunderstood." I feel like a hypocrite, I'm none of those things. I'm accomplishing a lot, but I have my bad days just like everyone else. Sometimes I just want to cry in a hole and I want someone to take care of me."
Pink tells Perez Hilton that she went to a wellness retreat in Spain in order to lose weight. “I was probably a bit depressed from all of the loss, and I couldn’t lose weight to save my life. I would work out three hours a day, eat clean, and my metabolism was a dud — I couldn’t get anything started. And I was like, ‘I’m exhausted, I’m sad, I haven’t been away from my family for three years — not even overnight. And I just need a minute.'”
Dlisted says Post Malone's sudden weight loss is not due to an illness, but rather a strict diet and exercise. He lost the weight from doing 90 minute workout sessions. Post previously gained weight for a movie role
Radar Online says the co-hosts on ''The View'' are allegedly getting annoyed with Whoopi Goldberg's flatulence. A source tells the website, “It’s been an issue for a while. The ladies will be talking about a serious subject on air when, poof, they hear a sudden noise and they’re assailed by a foul smell. It always seems to come from Whoopi’s end of the table, although she refuses to acknowledge she dealt it!. It is all the junk Whoopi eats. She’s already got a timid stomach and is lactose intolerant, by her own admission, so people wonder why she’s eating chips and salsa in the morning. When Whoopi lets it rip, nobody can stop her! This is a desperate situation, but no one knows how to handle it!”
Salma Hayek is married to one of the world's wealthiest men. Francois Pinault is the head of Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. Salma tells the Daily Express Newspaper that she did not marry for money. ''Francois is very supportive and saw things in me that I never even saw in myself. I didn't marry my husband for money.''
Salma adds that her wedding was more like an intervention. ''I didn’t even know I was getting married that day. It was like an intervention. I don’t think I ever told this story. No, they just took me to the court. My parents, my brother, they were all ganging up on me. I had a phobia of the marriage thing. The reason it was a courthouse wedding was because they dragged me there. I was nervous. And then after, there was a lunch at his parents’ house. My mother-in-law, who’s the most tasteful person when it comes to entertaining, had already been doing the lunch. I had no choice.''
Business Insider says pictures of Jennifer Lopez's Bel Air, California house have been posted online because she is selling it for $42.5 million. Everyone is talking about her home theater because it features a large screen and movie posters on the wall of her and Ben Affleck's films.
Harrison Ford was recently doing an interview with The Hollywood Reporter when they asked if his short fuse in public is due to social anxiety. He said, “That sounds like something a psychiatrist would say, not a casual observer. No. I don’t have a social anxiety disorder. I have an abhorrence of boring situations. I was shy when I first went onstage — I wasn’t shy, I was terrified. My knees would shake so badly, you could see it from the back of the theater. But that’s not social anxiety. That’s being unfamiliar with the territory. I was able to talk myself through that and then enjoy the experience of being onstage and telling a story with collaborators”
US Weekly Magazine says Gisele Bundchen helped Tom Brady make his final retirement decision. A source tells the magazine, "Tom and Gisele are on cordial terms and talked this through before he came to the final decision to announce his retirement via a brief video he shared on social media last Wednesday. Bündchen remains a real rock for Brady.''
Rob Gronkowski tells The Athletic that he may join Tom Brady in the broadcast booth in the Fall of 2024. “That’s definitely a possibility for sure, being with Tom for so long and now we’re going to be at Fox together. There really hasn’t been any plans or anything or any talks about it, but that definitely could be a possibility. We could banter back and forth in some way, somehow, maybe do a couple promos together or whatever it is. That will be down the road. Time will have to tell with that.”
The Irish Mirror says Cher is in love with her younger boyfriend, Alexander Edwards. A source says he bought her a diamond ring, but that they have no plans to marry. "They are very much in love. They're not talking marriage or anything like that, but they are exclusive and serious."Cher is 76 while Alexander is 36
Screen Rant says ''Toy Story'' fans went wild yesterday after Tim Allen tweeted a picture of Buzz Lightyear along with the caption; ''See ya soon Woody, you are a sad strange little man and you have my pity. And off we go to a number 5! To infinity and beyond!'' Disney has confirmed they are making a fifth Toy Story movie.
Super Bowl Survey A new survey by Anytime.com reveals that 19% of people are hosting a Super Bowl party. Other findings:
- 78% of people plan to watch the Super Bowl with friends and family
- 11% of people won't work on Monday after the Super Bowl
- 71% of people are looking forward to the Super Bowl halftime show
- 54% of people would rather watch Super Bowl commercials than the game (46%)
Top 5 Valentine’s Day Candies ... According to a new article by Study Finds
1. Brach’s Valentine’s Day Tiny Conversation Hearts
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Hearts
3. Cupid’s Mix M&M’s
4. Hershey’s Hugs & Kisses
5. SweeTarts Conversation Hearts
Worst Place To Go On A First Date ... According to a new survey by the online bingo website Tombola
1. Going to the cinema (2,361 votes)
2. McDonald's (1,561 votes)
3. Staying home (790 votes)
4. Going to a parent's house (522 votes)
5. Visiting a restaurant (476 votes)
6. Going to a pub/bar (471 votes)
7. Swimming (383 votes)
8. Watching a football match (311 votes)
9. Attending a funeral (218 votes)
10. Going to the park (196 votes)
Biggest Driving Turn-Ons ... According to a new survey by Scrap Car Comparison
Rank Driving turn-ons% of people who consider it a turn-on1Flashing their headlights to say thank you15%2Owning an electric car11%3Singing while driving11%4Driving exactly at the speed limit10%5Driving while resting one hand on the passenger’s lap9%6Cleaning their car everyday9%7Driving with both hands constantly on the steering wheel9%8Placing a hand on your passenger headrest to turn around and look out of the rear window while reversing8%9Overtaking slower drivers8%10Owning an automatic car8%
I go to the gym five days a week. I finally got my friend from work to go with me. The scene freaked her out. She noticed that men were staring at me. She called them creepers. I told her I wasn't creeped out at all and think that the staring is a compliment. She laughed and disagreed. She says the guys are undressing me with their eyes. I told her I look at that as a compliment because of the hard work I've put in at the gym. She says it's insulting and degrading in a silent way. We clearly don't see eye-to-eye on this. What do you think about guys staring at women at the gym? Is it a compliment or creepy?