- The Daily Mail says 115-year-old Maria Branyas is now the world's oldest person because 118-year-old Lucille Rendon has died. Maria was born in San Francisco, but now lives in Spain in a nursing home. She has three children, 11 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren. Maria beat covid in 2020
- Awful Announcing says Fox Sports has no plans to add Tom Brady to their Super Bowl broadcast. He signed a 10-year, $375 million contract to work with Fox once he retires.
- The Daily Mail says Facebook and Instagram are lifting their ban on bare breasts. Their oversight board ruled that the ban impedes the right for women and others to freely express themselves.
- NBC says a new dating term is trending. 'Winter Coating' is defined as 'when someone reaches out to an old flame during the winter months just like how you reach to the back of your closet for an old winter coat that may no longer suit you.''
- A new survey by Sandals reveals that 72% of couples would pick a vacation over an extravagant engagement ring
- A new study by the University of Southern California reveals that men who take Viagra are 25% less likely to suffer an early death. They also found that Viagra lowers the risk of heart disease in men by 39%.
- Raw Story says Microsoft plans to fire 10,000 employees because of the poor economy.
- The Verge says Amazon is going to fire 18,000 people because of the poor economy
- The Daily Mail says Twitter's revenue is down 40% from a year ago. Over 500 advertisers have stopped spending money with Twitter since Elon Musk purchased the company for $44 billion. Elon is auctioning off items from Twitter's headquarters in order to make money. He is selling an $18,000 coffee machine, a $10,000 pizza oven and an $8,000 sculpture
- The Daily Dot says a server from the Red Rooster restaurant chain accidentally charged a man $453,000 for his meal instead of $4.53. The server posted; “Today I accidentally charged someone $453,000 instead of $4.53 and it went through. He couldn’t get a refund because the police are now investigating him.”
Taylor Swift tells Elle magazine that people should deescalate arguments before someone gets hurt. “Chances are you’re not trying to hurt the person you love and they aren’t trying to hurt you. If you can wind the tension of an argument down to a conversation about where the other person is coming from, there’s a greater chance you can remove the shame of losing a fight for one of you and the ego boost of the one who “won” the fight."
Kim Petras tells Interview magazine that she doesn't like to date. "I find dates so uncomfortable. I don’t really do them. There’s nothing more stressful than a blind date or something like that, to me. I don’t like dating. I just always kind of went into relationships that happened naturally. So, I don’t really have a dream date, because I hate dates."
Harry Styles tells Billboard magazine that he would love to do another Marvel movie. “I loved being Starfox in 'The Eternals'. If they called and asked me to be in another movie, I would jump at the chance.”
Sia tells The Guardian newspaper that people should just be themselves. “I tried to be someone I wasn't for years, and it wore on me so much I almost quit doing what I loved. I finally told myself I wasn't going to be someone I wasn't just to please people. I was gonna be me, and I didn't care if people didn't like it. Turns out they did. Goes to show that you shouldn't force yourself to be one way just because you think it's expected of you. Be yourself and [forget] everyone else."
Harry Styles tells GreenMatters.com that he doesn't eat meat. “I was feeling run down all the time. A friend of mine told me to try doing a pescatarian diet. It changed my life. I'm happier and more active now. I feel so much healthier. Who would have thought changing your diet like that could have such a huge impact on your life?”
US Weekly Magazine says Brad Pitt and Ines de Ramon are not concerned about their 29-year age difference. He is 59 while she is 30. A source tells the magazine, “Brad and Ines are having a really wonderful time with each other. Their relationship feels comfortable and playful. She is a big hit with Brad’s friends after only dating a few months. The age gap bsn’t an issue for either of them. Pitt has more energy than ever.”
The International News says Shakira allegedly found out her partner, Gerard Pique, was cheating because of an empty bottle of jam. She came home and found the bottle in the fridge.Gerard and her kids don't like jam so she deduced that he had a woman over and was cheating. The Irish Mirror says Shakira is building a wall between her home and the one next door. Gerard's mother lives next to Shakira.
TMZ says Kim Kardashian has purchased Princess Diana's famous diamond cross necklace. The necklace was sold for $197,453. Diana wore the necklace to a fundraiser in 1987. The cross is purple and is accented with diamonds
Chelsea Handler tells Entertainment Tonight that she loves skiing topless .“I think when you’re naked on a ski mountain, which I do for my annual ski video on Instagram to celebrate my independence and my singledom and whatever else I’m celebrating… it’s not really that cold because you’re filming and you just forget about it all”
Chelsea Handler tells Drew Barrymore that she hasn't had much luck on dating apps. “I was talking to this guy. We were texting and, like, the third text in he said something like, ‘Oh, I’m just putting the kids to bed with my wife'. I reread it and I went, ‘What?’ And then I went back and he said, ‘Oh, just here for friends. Married with children.’ And I thought, ‘Who’s on a dating app to meet friends?’”
Austin Butler, who played Elvis Presley in the biopic about The King, may never lose his Elvis voice. His voice coach, Irene Bartlett, tells ABC Australia that people shouldn't slam Austin for talking like Elvis.“What you saw in that Golden Globes speech, that’s him. It’s genuine, it’s not put on. I feel sorry people are saying that, you know, it’s still acting [but] he’s actually taken [the voice of Presley] on board. Because of COVID shutdowns, he was working on it all the time and it’s difficult to switch off something you’ve spent so much focus [and] time on.'
Collider magazine says a fourth Naked Gun movie is in development. Seth MacFarlane and his team are working on scripts. Liam Neeson is in talks to play Leslie Nielsen's son, Frank Drebin Jr. Producers hope to start shooting the film this Summer
The Hollywood Reporter says a Michael Jackson biopic is currently in the works. The film will be titled "Michael" and will reportedly address all aspects of Jackson's life. Director Antoine Fuqua says, "For me, there is no artist with the power, the charisma, and the sheer musical genius of Michael Jackson. I was influenced to make music videos by watching his work — the first black artist to play in heavy rotation on MTV. His music and those images are part of my worldview, and the chance to tell his story on the screen alongside his music was irresistible."
Health Survey A new survey by Noom reveals that 86% of Americans say they feel fit.
How Americans define healthy ...
being physically fit (31%)
exercising regularly (31%)
being emotionally happy (30%)
getting adequate sleep on a regular basis (30%).
Top 10 Toys People Have Stashed Away … According to a new survey by Busy Bees
3 Hot Wheels
4 G.I. Joe
5 Suzy Homemaker
6 Fisher Price telephone
9 Rubik’s Cube
10 Nerf Ball
Students Respond Better To Teachers With Supportive Voices
A new study by the University of Essex reveals that students respond better to teachers with warm and supportive voices than they do ones with strict voices. Researchers played pre-recorded teacher voices to 250 children. The students responded better to teachers with supportive tones than they did to teachers with strict, cold tones.
searchers say, “We often think about what teachers say to their students, but we rarely talk about how they say it. But the tone of voice teachers use really matters and the way we modulate our voice can have profound effects on listeners. Tone of voice is a powerful way to convey teachers’ caring, understanding, or openness. It’s easy to forget when we are stressed or tired, but teachers can provide a positive learning environment when they are thoughtful in how they use their tone of voice.''
11 Secrets You Should Never Tell Your Co-Workers .. According to a new article by Finance Buzz
1. You hate your job
2. How much you make
3. Your politics
4. You’re looking for another job
5. Relationship issues
6. What you paid for an expensive item
7. What you think of other coworkers
8. Your attraction to another coworker
9. You’ve broken the rules
10. Your medical history
11. Your exit strategy