- Newsweek magazine says Damar Hamlin's doctors are wearing his number #3 Buffalo Bills jersey when treating him.
- NBC says California's Winter storms recently caused a 275-year-old oak tree, in Napa Valley, to tumble over. The V Sattui Winery has had an arborist taking care of the tree for the past 40 years. It survived fires and earthquakes, but could not survive several inches of rain.
- The Robb Report says the world's wealthiest people, including Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, lost $1.9 trillion in 2022 due to the war in Europe, inflation and a fluctuating stock market.
- The Daily Mail says Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has named his $500 million superyacht Koru. Koru is the Maori word for 'new beginnings'
- Entertainment Tonight says 400,000 copies of Prince Harry's new memoir, "Spare", were sold in the UK on its first day of release
- Mashable says ''Titanic'' is going to be re-released in theaters on February 10th. The film has been remastered for its 25th anniversary.
- NBC says VIP tickets to this year's Super Bowl are selling for $25,925. The cheapest Super Bowl ticket, according to the NFL Ticket Exchange, is $6,600
Food & Drink Trending
- Internet Cloning says some restaurants are adding a 'Staff Health' fee of 5% to diners' bills. The restaurants say the surcharge pays for employee health benefits
- Elite Daily says IHOP is bringing back their Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity Combo.It was last on the menu in 2020 and became a big hit in the 1980s. The meal features fruit covered pancakes, eggs and bacon
- Tasting Table says Pizza Hut is bringing back their Big New Yorker Pizza. It was last on the menu in 2002. The 16-in pie is cut into six slices and has a sweet marinara sauce. Pizza Hut brought the pie back in time for Super Bowl parties
- MSN says Ben & Jerry's is releasing a new flavor called Oatmeal Dream Pie. It has oatmeal cookies, marshmallow swirls and vanilla ice cream.
Taylor Swift tells Vogue magazine that she's trying to break the misconceptions that people have about her. “People see me and they think I'm this always smiling, always happy, All-American Girl. What they need to understand is I'm just like every other woman. I have bad hair days, I have days where I hate the entire world. Just because I'm famous and like to smile doesn't mean I'm some sort of superwoman who's better than everyone. I'm just me.”
Bebe Rexha tells Shape.com that she preferred to go on breakfast dates when she was younger. “Guys always wanted to do dinner dates. Dinner dates were too formal, too much for me. I always said I wanted to go on breakfast dates. Much more informal and fun in my opinion."
David Guetta tells Billboard magazine that life is about taking risks. “You can't let yourself get too entrenched in your comfortable little rut. You have to take chances, try new things, otherwise you don't grow. Don't let yourself become stale. Try at least one new thing a month.”
The Weeknd tells TheStar.com that the only person he competes with is himself.“I don't try to outdo those other artists. The only person I want to compete with is myself. I like some healthy competition with myself, so I do tend to try to outdo whatever I did last."
Sam Smith tells Standard.co.UK that he didn't realize how much being famous would change his life. “Relationships change and family can change. Money can change that, and fame. Fame is probably the biggest issue I have had in my life. It is this horrible one as you can’t moan about it as I know I am very, very lucky to be in my position, but life does get turned on its head. You have to find a new way to talk to people you love, and you lose people you love, which is the hardest part.”
The Daily Mail says Beyonce asked Britney Spears to appear in an upcoming music video of hers. The two were not able to come to an agreement. It is not known why. Hollywoodlife.com says the collaboration didn't happen because of scheduling conflicts
Rihanna tells Vogue magazine she already has her future planned out. “I'm hoping to be walking down the aisle this year, maybe with a baby bump. I want to be married before the year is out, and to be the mother of three or four lovely babies by the time I'm 40.”
James Cameron tells HBO that contrary to what Arnold Schwarzenegger says, OJ Simpson was never in the running to play The Terminator. “Very early on, a highly placed person at one of the two studios that funded that film had a brilliant idea and called me up and said, ‘Are you sitting down?’ I said, ‘Well, no, I’m not.’ He said, ‘Are you sitting? O.J. Simpson for the Terminator!’ I said, ‘I actually think that’s a bad idea.’ It didn’t go anywhere.”
Heat magazine claims Jennifer Lopez allegedly wants Ben Affleck to get fillers to improve his look. A source tells the magazine, "Jen thinks Ben is the most handsome man ever, but she thinks he should have started these procedures years ago, even though she says she's never actually had them done herself. She thinks he needs a delicate amount of filler to iron out those crow's feet and Botox to soften his lined forehead- and a facelift might be a good idea. She obviously loves him no matter what, but jokes it wouldn't be a bad thing if they both held onto eternal youth. Jen is all about them looking every inch at the beautiful power couple and doesn't want her man covered in lines and wrinkles. And there are other parts of his body she wants to be sorted out, too. There's still that Phoenix tattoo on his back to take care of for a start.''
Radar Online claims Mariah Carey allegedly wants full custody of the twins she shares with Nick Cannon because he recently had a 12th child. A source tells the website, "The reality of the situation is that Monroe and Moroccan are usually with Mariah anyway. Nick doesn't see much of them. But she wants to put him on notice that he can't just flit in and out of their lives while he attends to his other children. And she wants legal standing as the twins' primary caregiver."
Newsweek magazine says one of Nick Cannon's baby's mamas, Bre Tiesi, says they did not enter into a contract pregnancy. A fan asked; "What made you want to be [a part] of the cult? Is it a contract pregnancy?" Bre responded; "Y'all need help ... contract pregnancy. I love Nick I love the person he is and the father he is. Make up whatever u want to process and justify the unconventional relationship we ain't bothered."
Epicstream, citing Radar Online, says Jeremy Renner's friends are worried he may no longer be able to do action movies because of the injuries he suffered as part of his snow plow accident. A source tells the news outlets, "Jeremy has already undergone two complex operations. But there are significant questions about whether he will ever be able to walk correctly, or at all. His loved ones are concerned that, if he doesn't completely lose the limb, the injury is severe enough to prohibit him from moving the way he used to. Jeremy could need surgically inserted rods to help his legs recover, but Dr. Gabe Mirkin, who isn't treating the actor for his injuries, cautioned that he might also have to undergo an amputation and use an artificial leg. This will be a long and slow recovery for him.”
The Robb Report says Michael B Jordan is selling his Encino, California mansion for $13 million. He bought the home less than a year ago and put $500,000 into remodeling it. The gated home has eight bedrooms, a two-story guest house, a cabana, a massage room, a movie theater, a gym, an elevator, a wine room, a fireplace and a pool.
The Blast says Baywatch star Donna D'Errico got stuck in flood waters while driving in Los Angeles earlier this week. She hopped out of her car and attempted to flag down other drivers for help. The water was up to her calves. AAA finally helped Donna
Man Hits Shoppers And Cars In Walmart Parking Lot: WBTW says the Florence County, South Carolina Police recently arrested Justin Gardner after he hit pedestrians and cars in a Walmart parking lot. The 33-year-old struck two people and hit four unoccupied vehicles during his joyride. He was charged with battery, leaving the scene of an accident and assault. Gardner gave no reason for his horrific driving
Top 10 Things People Are Saying YES To In 2023 … According to a new survey by Crodino
1. New travel and holiday destinations
2. More social activities and plans
3. New friendships
4. New health and exercise regimes
5. New hobbies
6. Cultural experiences
7. New career and job opportunities
8. New opportunities for self-care
9. Live music events
10. New food and cuisine
A new survey by the language app Duolingo reveals that 33% of people have already given up on their 2023 New Year's resolution. Other findings:
- 38% of people will maintain their resolution until the end of January
- MOST DIFFICULT RESOLUTIONS TO KEEP
Giving up meat (36%)
Reducing phone screen time by a tenth (34%)
Going to the gym at least twice a week (33%)
Using TikTok for just ten minutes a day (25%)
Calling family or friends at least once a week (22%)
My six-year-old son wants to do everything his 16 year old brother does. My teen just got his left ear pierced. Now, my six-year-old wants to get his done. I'm all about self-expression, but I'm worried he may get teased at school because none of his friends have their ears pierced. My husband says we should allow our son to do it. He thinks if he gets teased it will help him grow thick skin and will help him learn the consequences of his actions. I'm leaning against it. I want to save my six-year-old from himself. What would you do if you were in my shoes? You can't save your kids forever!