- WLKY says LeBron James became the NBA's new career scoring leader last night. He hit a jump shot with 10 seconds left in the third quarter to break Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's scoring record. The jump shot gave James 38,388 points. Kareem was at the game and clapped for LeBron before handing him the game ball
- ESPN says 50.4 million Americans will wager $16 billion on the Super Bowl.That equates to 20% of the U.S. population making a bet on the Big Game
- Variety magazine says Michael Jackson's estate plans to sell half of his music catalog. The deal is expected to be worth between $800 million and $900 million. Sony is looking for a financial partner to help them acquire half of the catalog
- Showbiz 411 says Barbara Streisand's memoir is more than a thousand pages long. It will cost $40 when it is released in November. The memoir is titled “My Name is Barbra”
- TMZ says WWE announcer Jerry ''The King'' Lawler was recently rushed to a Fort Myers, Florida hospital because he had a stroke. He underwent surgery and is now recovering
- Footwear News says Nike is developing a new Air Jordan shoe that resembles an Oreo. The shoe is black and gray and has an overlay that resembles the design pattern of the Oreo cookie. The shoe will be available next month.
- Mashed magazine says Peeps flavored Pepsi is beginning to hit store shelves again. The drink will be available starting on February 13th for a limited time
- A new survey by Cyber Safe Kids reveals that 50% of children feel they spend too much time online. 25% of kids have seen content on the Internet they don't want their parents to know about
Kim Petras tells Interview magazine that being kicked out of a hotel is on her bucket list. "I've never been asked to leave a hotel. I’m not a rock star, apparently! But I want to be so badly, so getting kicked out of a hotel is on my bucket list now."
Pink tells ABC that she's never going to suppress her feelings for anyone. "I'm never gonna be in a situation that I don't say how I really feel and say 'I love you' when I want to, and hug when I want to, and laugh when I need to, and cry when I need to and dance when I need to. I just want to find authentic joy. Suppressing yourself is the worst thing you can do. Never feel afraid to express how you're truly feeling
Entertainment Tonight says Taylor Swift was cheering for Harry Styles at the Grammys because they are still friends despite breaking up in 2014. A source tells the TV show, "Taylor thinks Harry is such a talented artist and has nothing but respect for him. Their relationship was a long time ago, and Taylor has moved on and is very happy in her relationship with Joe [Alwyn]. She has matured as a person and things are peaceful and good between them."
Bebe Rexha tells Allure.com that her biggest beauty secret is to always make time to wash your face. "Since I'm on a tour bus a lot of the time, sometimes it's really hard for me to wash my face, so I always make sure I have these little cleansing towelettes. No matter what and no matter how long the days are, I always have to wash with those before bed and when I wake up."
The Daily Mail says Post Malone was recently spotted boarding a plane in Australia while wearing green pajamas. The designer pajamas had pictures of teddy bears on them.
Radar Online claims Jennifer Lopez allegedly wants Ben Affleck to refrain from parting with his newly single Boston buddy Tom Brady. A source tells the website, "Jennifer's insecurity is off the charts right now. She's never been needier, and if Ben thinks he's going to have her approval to party with Tom, he can forget it!"
Ace Showbiz says the Daily Mail hired a lip reader to find out what Jennifer Lopez said to Ben Affleck when they were caught on camera at the Grammys. She allegedly told him, "Stop. Look more friendly. Look motivated." Ben allegedly replied, "I might."
The Daily Mail says Leonardo DiCaprio is under fire for allegedly dating a 19-year-old model named Eden Polani.
The Internet reacts ...
'Kate Winslet was 22 when she was nominated for an Oscar for Titanic. Which is 3 years older than Leonardo DiCaprio’s current girlfriend.'
'Leonardo DiCaprio's new girlfriend wasn't even born when Titanic was released.'
'DiCaprio’s girlfriend is so young she probably studied the Romeo and Juliet film he starred in when she was at school.'
'Leonardo DiCaprio’s new girlfriend is so young that her high school education was interrupted by COVID-19, weirrrrrrrd.'
'Someone please explain to me what a man nearing 50 has in common with *checks notes* a 19 year old?'
'Somebody needs to stop leonardo dicaprio. It was funny 10 girlfriends ago.'
The Daily Mail says Tom Cruise is allegedly going to delay filming on the next Mission Impossible movie so he can attend King Charles' coronation on May 6th. A source tells the newspaper, ''Tom has been invited to King Charles' Coronation and there is no way he would have ever turned it down. It is a hugely prestigious event and Tom is a real royalist — plus he is now close with Prince William and Kate. Tom has told film bosses to shut down the production on Mission: Impossible over the Coronation weekend to make sure he can attend. It shocked some people on the film, as Tom is so dedicated to his craft and would never normally deviate from his intense production schedules. But something as important — and grand — as King Charles's Coronation is something he would not want to miss out on. It is a huge thing for Tom to be invited and he is honoured.''
The NY Post says Prince Harry almost hosted 'Saturday Night Live' in order to promote his memoir, "Spare". A source tells the newspaper that talks stalled at the last minute. “I know that Harry was all in, he was really serious about doing it — and it would have been great fun as promo for the book. ‘SNL’ producers have been after Harry for a while. Everyone on the show was really into the idea, and people would definitely have tuned in. There’s always lots of names in the mix, but Harry was definitely a name being discussed.”
Ashton Kutcher tells the Chicks in the Office podcast that he kept his distance from Reese Witherspoon while filming their new movie "Your Place or Mine".“Here’s the thing: If I put my arm around her and was, like, all friendly with her, I’d be having an affair with her. The rumor would be that I’m having an affair with her. If I stand next to her and I put my hands in my pockets, so there’s no chance that, like, that could be the rumor, the rumor is we don’t like each other. Reese and I are really good friends!”
The Daily Mail says Londoner Sydney Beckles looks like Meghan Markle's twin sister. The 21-year-old says being Megan's doppelganger has gotten her free drinks. ''I find it a huge compliment to be considered her lookalike, as she's a stunning woman. I find we have similar facial features, specifically our smiles. And, it does have its perks at times, as it gets me attention, which can be fun. For example, my friends and I got free drinks because people were convinced that we were related - it's very funny.''
NBC says Starbucks has added a Taylor Swift drink to their secret menu. The "Lavender Haze" is named after a song on Taylor's album "Midnights". The iced Passion Tango Tea is sweetened with cinnamon, apple, extra fruit juice and milk. The drink is topped with blackberries and honey syrup.
Super Bowl Survey
A new survey by Numerator reveals that 61% of people plan to watch the Super Bowl. Other findings:
- 5% people watch the Super Bowl at a bar or restaurant
- 75% of people will watch the Super Bowl at home
- 60% of people watch the Super Bowl for the commercials
- 49% of people watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show
Financial Infidelity Survey
A new survey by Forbes reveals that 54% of people say financial infidelity is just as bad as cheating. Other findings:
- 35% of adults have lied to their partner about their money
- 49% of people have lied to their partner about a purchase
- 37% of people have lied to their partner about being in debt
A neighbor came over and scolded me after dinner last night. She is mad because I am taking my 12-year-old twins to see the new Magic Mike movie on Friday. Her daughter is also 12 and wants to go. She claims I am a bad mother for exposing my kids to raunchiness at such a young age. My daughters are mature and can handle the film. I don't think I'm a bad parent for taking them to see the movie. They've seen much worse on the Internet. What is your opinion of me? Am I a bad mother for wanting to take my girls to the movie? Is 12 too young? Is my neighbor clueless about what tweens are exposed to?